Chad Kelly wavering... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chad Kelly wavering...

Possibly it's his 18 year old way of saying no the coaching staff. Maybe he likes the football program and the academic programs better at Clemson. You want to guess how an 18 year old kid thinks. Most of them can barely get out of bed in the morning.

No.

Chad said that when he got there, they had 10 of the most beautiful women waiting for him.
There may have been more to it than that, but sure sounds like Gronkowski part deux. I actually think this is a valuable screening for our prospects.

Possibly it's his 18 year old way of saying no the coaching staff. Maybe he likes the football program and the academic programs better at Clemson. You want to guess how an 18 year old kid thinks. Most of them can barely get out of bed in the morning.

Football program - yes... academics? Maybe if he wants to raise cows or make cheese when he graduates

Football program - yes... academics? Maybe if he wants to raise cows or make cheese when he graduates
I've always wondered where this perceived aura of academic excellence at SU comes from. According to US News Syaracuse is ranked #62 (5-way tie) and Clemson #68 (so one spot lower). I don't really want to start a my school is better than your school post. No doubt Syracuse is an excellent academic institution but sometimes I think the eastern arrogance gets in the way of realizing there are many schools around the country that are just as good. Some of you might be surprised some of the schools that are ranked as better than Syracuse; Pitt, UConn, BC, UNC, Michigan, Ohio St, Florida, Miami, Texas, Texas A&M, Illinois, Maryland, USC, UCLA, Pepperdine (?) etc. I'm sure there is some slanting of the data away from what Syracuse's core excellence is but sometimes you are what others perceive you to be, not what you perceive yourself to be. Outside of the northeast, Syracuse is a basketball school where it snows alot. And that's alright. Go SU!

I've always wondered where this perceived aura of academic excellence at SU comes from. According to US News Syaracuse is ranked #62 (5-way tie) and Clemson #68 (so one spot lower).
I wonder how SU compares to other schools in the program majors that football players most often select.

theres hot chicks at every college .

Coming from somebody who has spent alot of time at Clemson, you are seriously high if you think the Syracuse girls compare to the ones at Clemson and the other southern schools. I love SU as much as anyone but Clemson has a ridiculous number of really attractive girls.

I've always wondered where this perceived aura of academic excellence at SU comes from. According to US News Syaracuse is ranked #62 (5-way tie) and Clemson #68 (so one spot lower). I don't really want to start a my school is better than your school post. No doubt Syracuse is an excellent academic institution but sometimes I think the eastern arrogance gets in the way of realizing there are many schools around the country that are just as good. Some of you might be surprised some of the schools that are ranked as better than Syracuse; Pitt, UConn, BC, UNC, Michigan, Ohio St, Florida, Miami, Texas, Texas A&M, Illinois, Maryland, USC, UCLA, Pepperdine (?) etc. I'm sure there is some slanting of the data away from what Syracuse's core excellence is but sometimes you are what others perceive you to be, not what you perceive yourself to be. Outside of the northeast, Syracuse is a basketball school where it snows alot. And that's alright. Go SU!

Blackknight and I were just talking about this, the problem is: a big reason US News dropped Syracuse for the second straight year is that we have accepted "too many" applicants in their eyes. To me, at least, not being selective enough doesn't diminish the academic excellence of a school. I don't know if this is or isn't the same at Clemson or any other school, but take US News with a grain of salt.

well, for one thing this 62 ranking is right now. When most of us were in school, S.U. was ranked about 40. It wasn't until we were lucky enough to get Nancy that we started to see the Syracuse slide.

theres hot chicks at every college .
There is, but there's definitely more quantity at the southern schools, and the Arizona State's of the world. It's really not even debateable.

Funny this is coming up. Prior to the Bills/Jets game two weeks ago I spent about an hour or so at Jim Kelly's tailgate party as one of my friends is a personal friend of his and I have spent a considerable amount of time around the Kelly family. Spent a lot of time talking with Chad and his dad, Kevin. Told them I was a Cuse fan and asked him if Syracuse was seriously considered. His dad kind of made a contorted face and said, No. He said ask Chad why he picked Clemson. Chad said that when he got there, they had 10 of the most beautiful women waiting for him. Now, I am sure there was more to it than that, but that was spoken like a true Kelly boy.

If true, forget this kid. Let's move on. Tired of drama.

I used to believe this. Then, my wife and I took a weekend and went to Aurora, NY. Holy mackerel!

hahaha Wells is a little butchy eh?

It's all what the student gets out of it. School is what you make it. You can learn a lot anywhere, you can learn little everywhere. Going to a small school is better fitted for some kids than a big school like SU (though its not really that "big" as factory state schools, it's still big compared to the average, I bet). To each his own. I wonder how much religion comes into play with recruits? Anyone have any experiences in that regard?

Clemson was founded as an Agriculture school..and still is know for its Agriculture program here in South Carolina...

They make a lovely Blue Cheese and if you are having trouble growing stuff you can send them a soil sample and they will analyze it for you and tell whats wrong with your dirt...

LOL. You yankee folks are dumb as hell if you think Chad is going to waver. Go shovel some snow or something. Quit wasting time on your irrelevant football program. ACC let you in bc of your basketball not your football.

Blackknight and I were just talking about this, the problem is: a big reason US News dropped Syracuse for the second straight year is that we have accepted "too many" applicants in their eyes. To me, at least, not being selective enough doesn't diminish the academic excellence of a school. I don't know if this is or isn't the same at Clemson or any other school, but take US News with a grain of salt.
Lots of academics question the US News metrics and methodology. More than a few of the very best schools in the country now refuse to cooperate when US News calls to request statistics.

LOL. You yankee folks are dumb as hell if you think Chad is going to waver. Go shovel some snow or something. Quit wasting time on your irrelevant football program. ACC let you in bc of your basketball not your football.
Y'all is just so kind ...

Do you like my avatar? I'm a troll and it's almost past my bedtime and I don't want my mommy to catch me on her computer, so I have to go.

Not to thread jack but I have been to many a college campus as part of my last job. I have worked on most of the major universities in the country. By far the hottest chicks I have ever seen and in the greatest numbers was at Vanderbilt University. If I was making a top 10 list there would not be a northern school even close to making the cut.

Do you remember the last time Syracuse played Clemson in football? You're probably too young.

Check your 1995 schedule...the last game of the season..the Gator Bowl.

I think it's been said here a few hundred times -- Chad Kelly is vastly overrated.

"Reputation" is factored into these rankings. I imagine SU's reputation will go up when it's no longer associated with Louisville City College and Hillsborough Community College.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom