Class of 2014 - Chad Mavety | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chad Mavety

Am I on Syracusefan.com or Syracuse.com? Close to a disaster??? Really??? Dawson will commit tomorrow, it is 50-50 on Ish next week, Roberts is very likely the weekend of 8-9. Also Hallmon,Custis, etc. we don't have 20 recruits right now, but sorry, this is nothing close to a disaster. This will end up being a solid class. Solid is what we can expect, we aren't a football factory, deal with it. As far as Ollison, I think he goes to Pitt. As far as Moore, he will leave, or be pushed out, after this season. No inside info, just a guess.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. This isn't the first time someone has mentioned Moore not cutting it as a recruiter.

Love the fact he is an alum - also love the fact that he has been able to maximize what talent we have had at WR (at least to our knowledge, he has). But at the end of the day, talent wins games. And with a finite number of coaches out on the trail, it is definitely an issue if one person is not holding up their end of the bargain.

Am I on Syracusefan.com or Syracuse.com? Close to a disaster??? Really??? Dawson will commit tomorrow, it is 50-50 on Ish next week, Roberts is very likely the weekend of 8-9. Also Hallmon,Custis, etc. we don't have 20 recruits right now, but sorry, this is nothing close to a disaster. This will end up being a solid class. Solid is what we can expect, we aren't a football factory, deal with it. As far as Ollison, I think he goes to Pitt. As far as Moore, he will leave, or be pushed out, after this season. No inside info, just a guess.

Where do you get the Ollison to Pitt thought? I thought I read we looked good there, unless PSU came calling...?

The problem isn't this coach or that coach. The problem is 8 recuits when everybody else is at 20. And, don't give me that quality B.S. recruiting is this close to a disaster right now.

"Disaster?" Every single recruit we've lined up thus far is a three star caliber prospect on one site or the other [except for one, RW, who I expect to be when he's reevaluated]. We've got a stud QB, a stud WR, and we've shored up the LB deficiency. This is the best "foundation" of a class to build upon that we've had in a long time.

It is far from a "disaster."

The problem isn't this coach or that coach. The problem is 8 recuits when everybody else is at 20. And, don't give me that quality B.S. recruiting is this close to a disaster right now.

For the love of god we have NINE recruits. Corey Cooper has been reclassified to 2014 and he's prepping this year.

"Disaster?" Every single recruit we've lined up thus far is a three star caliber prospect on one site or the other [except for one, RW, who I expect to be when he's reevaluated]. We've got a stud QB, a stud WR, and we've shored up the LB deficiency. This is the best "foundation" of a class to build upon that we've had in a long time.

The only disaster is his posting ...

We're on pace for a top 40 recruiting class. If we wanted to have 20 commits right now we could. We had 3 star players, with other BCS offers, camp and not get offers so I'd say we're being selective. Given the fact that we may only be able to take 20 total it's not a bad option. FSU, Clemson, and UVA are to top classes in the ACC but quality of prospect wise we are on par with Va tech and NC State and ahead of BC, Tech, Maryland, Wake, etc.

We're on pace for a top 40 recruiting class. If we wanted to have 20 commits right now we could. We had 3 star players, with other BCS offers, camp and not get offers so I'd say we're being selective. Given the fact that we may only be able to take 20 total it's not a bad option. FSU, Clemson, and UVA are to top classes in the ACC but quality of prospect wise we are on par with Va tech and NC State and ahead of BC, Tech, Maryland, Wake, etc.
Another thing to remember is that while we will take a shot at some "big time" prospects when appropriate, McDonald and Shafer have both said, in essence, that they like to go after guys who are maybe a little underrated, and versatile hard workers. Shafer said he likes to go after guys who don't have proper respect and who play with a chip on their shoulder.

This is the new staff's first full recruiting class, upon which they will build their program. I am sure they are being very careful, thoughtful, and selective. ~10 commits at this point doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Interesting side note - with the change of staff, how many players have jumped ship?

As far as recruiting, I think we'll see the real progress next year once McDonald has a year under his belt. That's assuming he doesn't stink it up as an OC (don't think he will).

We are exactly where we need to be. Including Williams, and Cooper that's 11. If we take 19 that leaves 8 spots. There are 3 - 5 players we either feel are on board, or have a great shot at being part of the class. That leaves only 3-5 spots. You want to save those spots to try and hit on some home runs, and some room to maneuver based on the season.

As far as current commits the staff has done outstanding. They hit it out of the park with their priorities, and are in good shape for some others who are high on their board. We may have missed on a couple OL guys, but you can't get them all, and they only really seemed to go hard after a few guys. LBer and DB seemed to be a priority and look at what we have done there. We should also pick up a big time RB in a week. Our current number of commits is in no way a concern

I agree its far from a "disaster" but I would like to see a couple more big resume guys saying yes to us.We need the quality guys at the OL and RB spots and the secondary.:rolleyes:

I'm pretty content with the class as its constituted. I'll feel better if/when Roberts commits. Would feel ecstatic if we could get a good DE commit.

I'm pretty content with the class as its constituted. I'll feel better if/when Roberts commits. Would feel ecstatic if we could get a good DE commit.

Give me Hallmon too ... that guy has more offers for his services than Marilyn Monroe.

Give me Hallmon too ... that guy has more offers for his services than Marilyn Monroe.

I'd love Hallmon, but I'm not too worried about DB recruits at the moment. I also fully expect him to commit to one of the big Florida schools if they offer him. His decision won't come anytime in the near future, so I've got him on the back burner.

Well, we actually have 9 now, 10 is you count Corey. here is a list of BCS power conf teams well behind us:
WV, MD, TCU, WSU, Purdue, Colorado, USC, Washington, Kansas, WF, MN, ASU, Oregon State, UCLA
There are only 9 teams with 20 or more commits.

The shocker in Western Mich...bet that guy last 1 season there before he moves to another team...

I'd love Hallmon, but I'm not too worried about DB recruits at the moment. I also fully expect him to commit to one of the big Florida schools if they offer him. His decision won't come anytime in the near future, so I've got him on the back burner.

I'm glad you can put a guy with that many offers on the back burner ... quite frankly they should stay on him and go after some big uglies ... that would be my preference.

it won't be official for a while, but in the end Hallmon will be Orange. He and Ishmael are Coach McDonald's money recruits. He is going to show everyone why he is such a respected recruiter with those 2

I'm not one of the guys offerin for Marilyn Monroe, quite frankly would be very skanky by now I would think!

I'm not one of the guys offerin for Marilyn Monroe, quite frankly would be very skanky by now I would think!
I thought MM and still do that Marilyn Monroe was far more talented than given credit by body watchers only. She wa also very intelligent which many believe contributed to her murder by the Kennedys and perhaps a certain law enforcement group that knew all aboy John and Bobby's adventures in the sack. J Edger was not a fan. He played for the other team. who enjoyed backdoor bingo.While the evidence regarding Bobby's involvement with her demise is mostly circumstantial, it would bury him today.That Marilyn committed suicide is a joke. It wasn't accidental either.:confused:

I thought MM and still do that Marilyn Monroe was far more talented than given credit by body watchers only. She wa also very intelligent which many believe contributed to her murder by the Kennedys and perhaps a certain law enforcement group that knew all aboy John and Bobby's adventures in the sack. J Edger was not a fan. He played for the other team. who enjoyed backdoor bingo.While the evidence regarding Bobby's involvement with her demise is mostly circumstantial, it would bury him today.That Marilyn committed suicide is a joke. It wasn't accidental either.:confused:
yeah, the attorney general flew to cal and murdered her. Don't believe everything you read.

I thought this CaliCuse fella could never surprise me with a post, and I tend to ignore what he writes usually... haha but this one got me from way deep left field, my goodness, the randomness is outstanding.

I thought this CaliCuse fella could never surprise me with a post, and I tend to ignore what he writes usually... haha but this one got me from way deep left field, my goodness, the randomness is outstanding.

ya i thought it was worth a like just for effort and entertainment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom