Class of 2014 - Chad Mavety | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chad Mavety

I hope Chad considers that if he were to announce for one of the football factories that are recruiting him there would be very little attention given to his decision. If he announces for the Cuse there will be dancing in the streets. Well, at least on my street. This fan base would really be energized by his commitment.

I hope Chad considers that if he were to announce for one of the football factories that are recruiting him there would be very little attention given to his decision. If he announces for the Cuse there will be dancing in the streets. Well, at least on my street. This fan base would really be energized by his commitment.
You guys know I can't damnce but I can put on a happy show if we get Mr Mavety.BTW If Mavety is #1 on the board at the O-line ,who is #2?

You guys know I can't damnce but I can put on a happy show if we get Mr Mavety.BTW If Mavety is #1 on the board at the O-line ,who is #2?

at OT I would probably guess Brosnen, or Applefield, which ever one wants to commit. Both have pretty long offer sheets with some quality schools, and we are very much alive with both.

Looks like Mavety scheduled some more visits, even though the last time he only made it to 1 of the 3. he says he is going to FSU the 9th and Bama the 16th, no Syracuse yet. Also found it interesting he says he has the best relationships with Urban Meyer, Cristobal, and Trickett. Rob Moore was not included.

Looks like Mavety scheduled some more visits, even though the last time he only made it to 1 of the 3. he says he is going to FSU the 9th and Bama the 16th, no Syracuse yet. Also found it interesting he says he has the best relationships with Urban Meyer, Cristobal, and Trickett. Rob Moore was not included.
And just saw on twitter he is visiting Rutgers tomorrow

I am an optimist by nature but I have never truly believed that he wants to play for SU. I hope I am wrong.

Rob moore have to step his game up. I dont know of any recruit that he brought in.

Rob moore have to step his game up. I dont know of any recruit that he brought in.

totally agree, i mean not even being listed as a strong relationship with arguably our top target is just inexcusable. nobody is knocking his ability to teach the position, but at this level at that position your ability to recruit has to be almost as good

totally agree, i mean not even being listed as a strong relationship with arguably our top target is just inexcusable. nobody is knocking his ability to teach the position, but at this level at that position your ability to recruit has to be almost as good
Well to me, this is no different than if he had listed those 3 schools as his top 3. Just because we aren't in that kids list, doesn't mean we aren't putting forth effort and working hard to build strong relationships. Sometimes the kid is just looking for something different than what a certain school/person/relationship has to offer. It happens, it's part of the game.

Remember this isn't a "who has contacted me the most" list. Although I suppose one could argue that in certain kids minds that it could be.

Your point about him being our top target, how is it any different than previous years with Ishaq Williams and Ebo a year ago? We didn't make the cut for them, and it wasn't inexcusable then (or at least shouldn't have been). We aren't yet, and most likely will not ever be, a selector school. If we could pick whoever we wanted, and our top target was feeling this way, you could get upset.

And until that day, it will always, always, always be a major uphill battle with the nations best, and Mavety is right up there with them. Don't be discouraged just because we don't make a top 3 list with the nations best, and of course nothing to this point that says we haven't just yet, but the fact we are even in the fight, is a positive and should speak to just how much effort our recruiters have been putting in with Mavety as well as everyone else.

Well to me, this is no different than if he had listed those 3 schools as his top 3. Just because we aren't in that kids list, doesn't mean we aren't putting forth effort and working hard to build strong relationships. Sometimes the kid is just looking for something different than what a certain school/person/relationship has to offer. It happens, it's part of the game.

Remember this isn't a "who has contacted me the most" list. Although I suppose one could argue that in certain kids minds that it could be.

Your point about him being our top target, how is it any different than previous years with Ishaq Williams and Ebo a year ago? We didn't make the cut for them, and it wasn't inexcusable then (or at least shouldn't have been). We aren't yet, and most likely will not ever be, a selector school. If we could pick whoever we wanted, and our top target was feeling this way, you could get upset.

And until that day, it will always, always, always be a major uphill battle with the nations best, and Mavety is right up there with them. Don't be discouraged just because we don't make a top 3 list with the nations best, and of course nothing to this point that says we haven't just yet, but the fact we are even in the fight, is a positive and should speak to just how much effort our recruiters have been putting in with Mavety as well as everyone else.

it's not a top 3 list?

it's not a top 3 list?
That's true it isn't. But I consider it in the same way I would a top 3 list. You have to believe the two are very closely related, and probably are nearly identical in most cases.

That's true it isn't. But I consider it in the same way I would a top 3 list. You have to believe the two are very closely related, and probably are nearly identical in most cases.

Not really. D'Shawn Hand had a top 3 of Bama, Michigan, and someone else, but said he had the best relationship with Bud Foster and they didn't even make the top 3. It was at a much smaller level but the best relationship I had with a coach isn't the one I went to play for. It definitely isn't the same thing.

I should also mention in the same interview he said he would have to be blown away to to to school far away . This one is one a tee for us

Not really. D'Shawn Hand had a top 3 of Bama, Michigan, and someone else, but said he had the best relationship with Bud Foster and they didn't even make the top 3. It was at a much smaller level but the best relationship I had with a coach isn't the one I went to play for. It definitely isn't the same thing.

Obviously all situations are not identical, but a lot of kids choose a school because of their relationship with their recruiter and their head coaches. Why do you think you see so many recruits turn tail when a coach leaves for a new position right before signing day (like us a year ago). It's because they no longer feel comfortable in that situation because the relationships they built with the staff are gone.

Maybe it isn't the vast majority of cases I envisioned it to be, but it certainly isn't a rarity, we can all agree on that

Does anyone know if Mavety took MrKulic and Long with him on his other visits. All three are visiting RU today and were suppose to visit Syracuse together. Is there any interest in these other players or is Mavety just trying to help get his friends recruited?

I should also mention in the same interview he said he would have to be blown away to to to school far away . This one is one a tee for us

Agreed, him picking RU would be a disaster. Is Moore his prime recruiter?

I'm assuming they are leaving a slot open for Mavety because they put OL Jamie Herr of Elkton, MD Eastern Christian School on hold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom