Class of 2014 - Chad Mavety | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chad Mavety

I have always found it ironic that one of the only coaches FHCDM didn't take to Buffalo with him was Moore. The worst recruiter on the staff, seemingly a good WR coach. Seems like a natural to go to the NFL where recruiting is not required(except for some free agency wine and dine, leave that to the head coach, GM, cheerleaders etc.)

I have always found it ironic that one of the only coaches FHCDM didn't take to Buffalo with him was Moore. The worst recruiter on the staff, seemingly a good WR coach. Seems like a natural to go to the NFL where recruiting is not required(except for some free agency wine and dine, leave that to the head coach, GM, cheerleaders etc.)

He didnt exactly embrace alumni :confused:

Yep
Not to read too much in to it - but I wonder if Moore going off in the post standard article portends a negative outcome here? people got all upset with any criticism of his saying that stuff - but I don't see why...I am quite sure that he is a very good position coach as has been made clear by people much more knowlegable than myself, but it also seems clear that he's not a good recruiter and prefers to point out how the kids are stupid instead of making them see why SU would be better for them in the long run. Frustration doesn't sell well and our solid progress in other recruiting regions would seem to indicate that it is not really warranted.

That said i think there is a limited pool of top tier talent in NYC and being from the city where image is so important they may be less inclined to want to hear the playing time and coaching attention arguments that work well on three star talent from parts of the country with a lot of good players. Still though don't like excuses - just have to keep banging away down there and as we continue to get better so will the recruiting results in the city.

Not to read too much in to it - but I wonder if Moore going off in the post standard article portends a negative outcome here? people got all upset with any criticism of his saying that stuff - but I don't see why...I am quite sure that he is a very good position coach as has been made clear by people much more knowlegable than myself, but it also seems clear that he's not a good recruiter and prefers to point out how the kids are stupid instead of making them see why SU would be better for them in the long run. Frustration doesn't sell well.[/quote]

I would not be surprised if he isn't back after this season. HHCSS needed some continuity with the huge staff turnover, and Moore is a loyal alum, which plays well with those alum that were stung by FHCDM, as Heater mentions above. So, he kept him on staff for now. I loved Moore as a player, he seems to be a solid position coach and he seems like a good man in general, but he comes off as an angry/grim guy. That does not sell well either, just as pointing out the stupidity of kids doesn't.

Don't be silly cause Mavety is not from NY he's from NJ.

Isn't Mavety the one that claims to have been a SU fan growing up? Whether he's originally from north Jersey or New York, it would be a major disappointment from my perspective to lose him. We can dredge up all the excuses we want. This board is quite good at that. But to me, losing this guy, national recruit or not, will not be easy to swallow. Other schools at our level manage to steal more than a few a year from the big boys, it's high time we started doing the same. And here we have a position of need with a well-regarded prospect already open to our pitch that's only 250 miles away.

Believe it is actually Perles.

i think it's a group effort, Moore the area recruiter, and Perles obviously the position coach. That's what I have read at least

How about Anthony Davis talking about Syracuse on twitter to Mavety

am Davis@AnthonyDavis76
6h
@chadmavety55 Syracuse is Soft bro! lol
Chad Mavety @chadmavety55
5h
@AnthonyDavis76 haha there showin me love rite now I'm in the locker room
Bam Davis@AnthonyDavis76
4h
@chadmavety55 name one beast lineman from Syracuse. I can't think of one.
Bam Davis@AnthonyDavis76
4h
@chadmavety55 Once you get there all that will change. At RU Coach Flood will be the same guy he is right now. Great Coach/Dad.

am Davis@AnthonyDavis76
6h
5h
Bam Davis@AnthonyDavis76
4h
Bam Davis@AnthonyDavis76
4h
@chadmavety55 Once you get there all that will change. At RU Coach Flood will be the same guy he is right now. Great Coach/Dad.

Yea, Flood is such a great coach that Schiano demoted him after the Rutgers OL was so bad. The Giants seemed to think Justin Pugh was pretty good in making him a 1st round pick. Someone needs to send this twitter convo to Pugh.

Not for nothing, but do we even know if Marrone offered Moore the gig? Perhaps he did get offered and turned him down because he would rather be at SU, as some have said he is a loyal Alum and obviously enjoys it here, and he has done magnificent things here for us.

The RU spin machine operates outside of history, facts, and reality. I'm so tired of them thinking that because they've won a few games against us recently, that the three decades of incompetence followed by one of mediocrity are wiped out. They really are all hype.

Davis is a dope. Who are all the beast lineman that buttgers has put out? How did Flood do with 4 star offensive lineman Art Forst, just curious?

am Davis@AnthonyDavis76
6h
5h
Bam Davis@AnthonyDavis76
4h
Bam Davis@AnthonyDavis76
4h

Dear Chad, "Bam" Davis got after it fist-frucking his boys at Karma, without question. If "Syracuse is soft bro", then maybe you should ask "Bam" how his boys' starfish felt. Likely real soft.

The RU spin machine operates outside of history, facts, and reality. I'm so tired of them thinking that because they've won a few games against us recently, that the three decades of incompetence followed by one of mediocrity are wiped out. They really are all hype.
Printed up an AP football chart, number of times a school appeared in the weekly Football AP Poll from 1936-2012. The football powerhouse Rutgers is number 86 at 38 times, highest rank # 7. Cornell is 74 with 47 appearances, and the football powerhouse Santa Clara is 75 with 43.

Davis

So soft we have more conference titles in last ten years than Rutgers history
But in the Rutger's fan minds it was thisclose to nation prominence.Seriously those idiots believe thatTheir hate for Syracuse was polished by Shaddy"who set us up as the bad guys in his first few days as their coach. I'll never forget his statements regarding our program as the team he most needed to bring down in recruiting because of our success in NJ with dseleone doing the damage there.I was at first shocked by the mention and then pissed. I remember sitting in section 301 and George's wife Roberta coming over and chatting about the latest targets in NJ that George was shooting for . She loved the fact that my wife and I lived in Bridgewater NJ. The school system there was considered to be among the state's finest at that time and she kept tabs on what my two sons were doing . Her kids were a bit younger and my wife knew their names and chatted with Roberta at pretty much every game.:eek:

Said it many times before...SU has a statue of Ernie Davis and had retired (for now) the legendary number if Jim Brown and Ernie Davis...

Rutgers has a statue of ummmmm Marco Battaglia maybe ?

SUOrange44

We seem to be drifting in this recruitment ... need him on campus soon in any capacity to keep him focused on Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom