Chance Amie... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is Devito's job to lose. What worries me is the fact that a pure pocket passer (Devito really hasn't proven that he is much of a running threat) will require a significant OL upgrade. Maybe that happens, and maybe it doesn't. If it doesn't, then Amie may be a better fit.

Quick release slows down the rush. He'll throw for more TDs but also more interceptions than Dungey.

Just a reminder that a team that runs a similar offense as we do, though at a little slower pace, has done well with a mobile QB and a traditional drop back passer. Clemson seems to have survived with Deshaun Watson and is doing well with Sunshine.

First world CFB problems. I love them!
I just dont know why people think Dino needs the most accurate passer in this offense? Where did that come from? because of Garropolo? A kid he didnt even recruit for this scheme. His scheme is one of the most QB friendly Ive seen. Ive watched it a Baylor, E illinois, BG and now at Cuse. It doesnt need a elite passer. Its a illusion fellas. I would like it to be Devito for my own reasons but I want the best out there. We don't know until they compete this off season.

One thing that could have an impact on all of this is the RB situation. It is assumed that we will see a significant upgrade with Adams playing. If he turns out to be the work horse that Dino has stated he wants, that would take pressure off of the passing game and slow down an aggressive pass rush. That would certainly work to TD's favor.

I hope TD excells and we get to see a lot of Amie in 4th quarters. Maybe TD lights it up so much that he goes to the NFL after next year. ;)

Thoiughts? Yes, you are nuts. I think Amie will have a role on the team, but his significance will be down the road. TD is our starter.
I don't think it's nuts. We've seen TD's arm, and how live it is. However, if Syracuse can't get a traditional running game going next year (and we've seen how important that is), and Chance is good enough with his arm, and decision making, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dino plug him in to see if the added threat of his legs can get the offense moving.
I feel however though, that we will have a solid ground game from out backs, and o-line though. Really excited to see what Adams, Jordan, and Moe can do.

I don't think it's nuts. We've seen TD's arm, and how live it is. However, if Syracuse can't get a traditional running game going next year (and we've seen how important that is), and Chance is good enough with his arm, and decision making, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dino plug him in to see if the added threat of his legs can get the offense moving.
I feel however though, that we will have a solid ground game from out backs, and o-line though. Really excited to see what Adams, Jordan, and Moe can do.

The middle of our Oline returns. this is where we run the ball. With Moe Neal, Abdul Adams and others, I have no doubt we will be able to run the ball.

One thing that could have an impact on all of this is the RB situation. It is assumed that we will see a significant upgrade with Adams playing. If he turns out to be the work horse that Dino has stated he wants, that would take pressure off of the passing game and slow down an aggressive pass rush. That would certainly work to TD's favor.

I hope TD excells and we get to see a lot of Amie in 4th quarters. Maybe TD lights it up so much that he goes to the NFL after next year. ;)
I am ok with that as long as we on the win column. Sign me up.

LOL.

giphy.gif

Ik I just started posting here, but I couldn’t care less that you have “staff member” next to your name. I’ll say what I want.
Listen.

Posts like that tell me you won't be around long, so these are probably wasted pixels, but here goes. Posting here is a privilege, not a right.

And with the attitude you are showing here, that privilege will not be extended much longer.

Nota bene.

I think you might have just ended posting here, too. We’ve got a good thing going and it is in large part due to those “staff members.” You want respect...fine. It is given in good faith as a “welcome” to the forums. But you can lose it if you don’t play nice with others. There are plenty of disagreements and at times it can get a little nasty, but if you’re not going to even attempt to be civil, then there is no place for you here.
That’s my opinion but one I strongly suspect would be neavily supported by most members.

Tommy throws a great ball... no question deep short mid all accurate and get there with zip. But I can tell you over the summer Shy was telling me about chance and said he was scrambling one play and threw the ball 50 yards and barely moved his arm. Shy said everyone watching stopped and was amazed at his arm strength... and it was accurate

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel bad. I really love talking football but sometimes I know someone else knows more or is a coach. I have no clue if Ed has a elite arm yet and I hope he does, I was just trying to tell the haz that when I saw chance his ball jumped with a flick of the wrist. I don’t know how good chance can be but I’m glad we all get to find out I think the haze guy takes stuff a little personal. Jesus really and then talks shiiiiit to the mods. This forum helps my sanity and takes some of the want to keep coaching away as I can’t do it with my schedule. This is a fun place to talk about stuff my old lady hates the most the foos ball is the devil she says all the time. Anyways calm down there the haze and realize it ain’t life or death. Go orange and have a damn beer or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom