Chance Amie... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think anybody is saying Chance can’t be that. But Tommy Devito has elite arm talent already and throws the football effortlessly, he’s a true pass first QB and while he’s not the runner Dungey or Chance is, he’s definitely not immobile back there. And personally I’d rather have my QB be an elite passer/average runner than a average passer/elite runner. This debate essentially comes down to play style preference, pick your flavor.
How do we know how Amie throws the ball? TD is an elite thrower. I would like to see Amie before I discount his ability

How do we know how Amie throws the ball? TD is an elite thrower. I would like to see Amie before I discount his ability
I’m not trying to discount his ability, but it’ll be very very difficult for Chance to become anywhere near the level of passer Tommy is, especially in one summer. Tommy is an elite passer with arm talent that you just can’t teach. And like I stated earlier, that’s my preference for a QB. Elite passer/average runner. Now lucky for y’all my preference doesn’t matter in the least, but if you asked a large sample size of coaches, If they’d rather have an elite passer or an elite runner at QB most will say passer. It’s a passing game.

I don’t think anybody is saying Chance can’t be that. But Tommy Devito has elite arm talent already and throws the football effortlessly, he’s a true pass first QB and while he’s not the runner Dungey or Chance is, he’s definitely not immobile back there. And personally I’d rather have my QB be an elite passer/average runner than a average passer/elite runner. This debate essentially comes down to play style preference, pick your flavor.
Devito is not a run threat. Dual threat is not the same as moving around the pocket or escaping to throw on the run. Devito is not a stiff at all but there's a big difference with getting 15 yards on a zone pull, designed QB run compared to taking it to the house 50 yards out and making people miss in open space.

Devito is not a run threat. Dual threat is not the same as moving around the pocket or escaping to throw on the run. Devito is not a stiff at all but there's a big difference with getting 15 yards on a zone pull, designed QB run compared to taking it to the house 50 yards out and making people miss in open space.
There’s been multiple times when Tommy’s gotten in the game and they’ve ran designed QB runs and he’s done fine. He’s not the runner Dungey is like I said, but he’s not a sitting duck back there. He can move.

I’m not trying to discount his ability, but it’ll be very very difficult for Chance to become anywhere near the level of passer Tommy is, especially in one summer. Tommy is an elite passer with arm talent that you just can’t teach. And like I stated earlier, that’s my preference for a QB. Elite passer/average runner. Now lucky for y’all my preference doesn’t matter in the least, but if you asked a large sample size of coaches, If they’d rather have an elite passer or an elite runner at QB most will say passer. It’s a passing game.
So Devito can enroll early, develop as a passer and learn the system but Amie can't? Next fall, Amie will have the same amount of time Devito has had. If Devito is capable of winning games as a redshirt freshman then Amie can as well.

So Devito can enroll early, develop as a passer and learn the system but Amie can't? Next fall, Amie will have the same amount of time Devito has had. If Devito is capable of winning games as a redshirt freshman then Amie can as well.
“Arm talent you can’t teach” you can take Austin Wilson and put him in the same room as Trevor Lawrence for the same amount of time and have them learn at the same pace. Who’s gonna be better? Trevor Lawrence. Think of it like that but on a smaller scale. Tommy Devito has arm talent you just can’t teach. Sometimes it comes back to god given talent.

There’s been multiple times when Tommy’s gotten in the game and they’ve ran designed QB runs and he’s done fine. He’s not the runner Dungey is like I said, but he’s not a sitting duck back there. He can move.
I don't want a just fine runner when I can have a Nykiem Johnson type guy in space that can possibly throw just as well.

I don't want a just fine runner when I can have a Nykiem Johnson type guy in space that can possibly throw just as well.
And that’s where we differ, like I’ve said multiple times I prefer an elite passer.

“Arm talent you can’t teach” you can take Austin Wilson and put him in the same room as Trevor Lawrence for the same amount of time and have them learn at the same pace. Who’s gonna be better? Trevor Lawrence. Think of it like that but on a smaller scale. Tommy Devito has arm talent you just can’t teach. Sometimes it comes back to god given talent.
Been following Tommy since 11 grade. Stood next to him while he threw at SU camp. He has a great arm but you are assuming Chance doesnt.

Been following Tommy since 11 grade. Stood next to him while he threw at SU camp. He has a great arm but you are assuming Chance doesnt.
I don’t think Chance doesn’t, I just think Tommy Devito is a special talent and I find it hard to believe based on what I’ve seen from Chance (regardless of that it was months ago) that he can become anywhere near the passer Tommy is anytime soon. You don’t just go from below average passer to elite in one off season from running with the scout team.

And that’s where we differ, like I’ve said multiple times I prefer an elite passer.
No I will take a elite passer and runner. We dont know if Chance won't do both. What's elite passer to you? Ryan Finley for example is a accuate passer than make all the NFL throws. Does that mean he will be great in the NFL?

I don’t think Chance doesn’t, I just think Tommy Devito is a special talent and I find it hard to believe based on what I’ve seen from Chance (regardless of that it was months ago) that he can become anywhere near the passer Tommy is anytime soon. You don’t just go from below average passer to elite in one off season from running with the scout team.
why do you think Devito is so elite? What elite throws has he made that are so different than 30 other QB's I saw this year?

No I will take a elite passer and runner. We dont know if Chance won't do both. What's elite passer to you? Ryan Finley for example is a accuate passer than make all the NFL throws. Does that mean he will be great in the NFL?
I prefer an Aaron Rodgers type QB. Pass first but when he needs to run for 10 to get a first he can. I can’t tell you if Ryan Finley will be great in the pros, but I can tell you he’s most likely gonna be a first round pick.

why do you think Devito is so elite? What elite throws has he made that are so different than 30 other QB's I saw this year?
The way he effortlessly flicks the ball off his wrist with the power and velocity he does is elite and simply can’t be taught, he has the ability to throw a receiver open which is a trait all elite QBs have. Especially on his deep ball he puts the ball where only his receiver can get it, he’s not gonna throw up a prayer, if nothings there he has the knowledge and poise to throw the ball away and don’t force it as a RS freshman. I can go on and on about Tommy Devito. I feel like he has the potential to break records here.

Last edited:
I prefer an Aaron Rodgers type QB. Pass first but when he needs to run for 10 to get a first he can. I can’t tell you if Ryan Finley will be great in the pros, but I can tell you he’s most likely gonna be a first round pick.
yeah Ive seen a ton of QB's like him get to the NFL and not do much. Im seeing more atheltic guys. There's not too many elite passers like Rodgers, Brady and Brees. Btw Dak, Russell, Cam, Watson, Mahomes Allen are not elite passers IMO

The way he effortlessly flicks the ball off his wrist with the power and velocity he does is elite and simply can’t be taught, he has the ability to throw a receiver open which is a trait all elite QBs have. I can go on and on about Tommy Devito.
flick his wrist? You mean like Mick Vick? Also, give me an expample of a throw he made that 30 other college Qb's didnt make this year.

yeah Ive seen a ton of QB's like him get to the NFL and not do much. Im seeing more atheltic guys. There's not too many elite passers like Rodgers, Brady and Brees. Btw Dak, Russell, Cam, Watson, Mahomes Allen are not elite passer IMO
The top 5 QBs who ever picked up a football were all pro style stand in the pocket QBs. The top 3 today (Brady,Rodgers,Brees) are all those type of QBs.

The top 5 QBs who ever picked up a football were all pro style stand in the pocket QBs. The top 3 today (Brady,Rodgers,Brees) are all those type of QBs.
yeah I love thows guys too. I saw nate peterman throw guys open with his strong arm at Pitt. He did fine running too.

flick his wrist? You mean like Mick Vick? Also, give me an expample of a throw he made that 30 other college Qb's didnt make this year.
Michael Vick threw an extraordinary deep ball so if you want to compare TDs deep ball to Michael Vick’s I wouldn’t be mad... There’s a small sample size of games played so it’ll be tough to give you an EXACT throw, but how about the back shoulder throw to Custis against Florida State I believe it was. Saw the defender was turned around and put the ball where Custis could get it. And I know you’re most likely going to reply with the throw Dungey had to Custis this past Saturday (which was a beautiful throw btw) and that’s very true, but I believe TD can make those throws at a more consistent clip than any QB we’ve had since Nassib

yeah I love thows guys too. I saw nate peterman throw guys open with his strong arm at Pitt. He did fine running too.
I saw Trevone Boykin make plays all over the field for TCU with his legs... now on Sunday’s he’s not doing too much. Not sure I understand your point with this one guy.

Michael Vick threw an extraordinary deep ball so if you want to compare TDs deep ball to Michael Vick’s I wouldn’t be mad... There’s a small sample size of games played so it’ll be tough to give you an EXACT throw, but how about the back shoulder throw to Custis against Florida State I believe it was. Saw the defender was turned around and put the ball where Custis could get it. And I know you’re most likely going to reply with the throw Dungey had to Custis this past Saturday (which was a beautiful throw btw) and that’s very true, but I believe TD can make those throws at a more consistent clip than any QB we’ve had since Nassib
think he can make those throw consistently too but back shoulder throws are common for us since Dino. Ish and Etta lived off them. Dungey better throws are down field. Fades and stops. I do agree Devito deep throws will have more zip on them and will get there faster.

I saw Trevone Boykin make plays all over the field for TCU with his legs... now on Sunday’s he’s not doing too much. Not sure I understand your point with this one guy.
Boykin is basically a RB playing QB. No future as a NFL QB. Anyone can see that. Bad expample. My point is that NFL arm and slighty atheltic are common and dont mean NFL success.

TheHaze315 Hackenburg, Cook, Hogan, Siemien, Murray, Savage Mettenberger Manuel, Barkley Osweiler, Weeden, Locker. Great arm talent guys. I can go on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom