Chance Amie... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt say whether Devito is "elite" or not, but he throws a very different kinda ball then we've seen on the hill. Kid can really spin it. I didnt see all the top level QBs this year, but his ball looks similar to Tua's and Lawrence's.

I liked Amie's HS film a lot. He's kind of a suped-up Dungey - little bigger, better arm, but same languid style (smooth). If he has Dungey's smarts and moxie, he could be really good.

Chance Amie will be looked at extensively with the 1's. Count on it.

It's Tommy's job to lose, but I think that competition might be tighter than many think. Chance has truly turned heads since he arrived here over the summer.
I have heard the same from a current team member.

flick his wrist? You mean like Mick Vick? Also, give me an example of a throw he made that 30 other college Qb's didnt make this year.

Hey, I think TheHaze is being a bit obtuse, but if you rewatch the last five minutes of the UNC game you see him plenty of NFL throws. It's not hyperbolic to say his arm as a redshirt freshman is roughly as good as Nassib's arm as a senior. Also, his first pass against ND (granted it was dropped), was insane.

I've never seen Chance Amie throw, so I can't say whether he can make those same throws or whether he has the ability to get to that level after a single season. Regardless, I find it hard to believe that he has that kind of arm talent, with that kind of mobility, without being a former 5* #1 overall recruit or without overtaking TD on the depth chart.

Yikes...I didn’t know who the mods were...how do I get a credit report. I might be close to being assigned to providing community service.

Just in case I posted the wrong thing...ah I was only kidding!

Hey, I think TheHaze is being a bit obtuse, but if you rewatch the last five minutes of the UNC game you see him plenty of NFL throws. It's not hyperbolic to say his arm as a redshirt freshman is roughly as good as Nassib's arm as a senior. Also, his first pass against ND (granted it was dropped), was insane.

I've never seen Chance Amie throw, so I can't say whether he can make those same throws or whether he has the ability to get to that level after a single season. Regardless, I find it hard to believe that he has that kind of arm talent, with that kind of mobility, without being a former 5* #1 overall recruit or without overtaking TD on the depth chart.

Actually, even as a senior, Nassib simply could not throw a deep ball with any accuracy.

So Tommy is WAY ahead of him in that respect, even as an RF.

When I see Td throw I see his arm more like a whip. When I saw chance throw his arm reminded me more of a pitcher with a quick wrist flick and ball was gone. 2 completely different motions from 2 differently built guys. Td has had major instruction for last 5 years or so from a solid qb coach. His mechanics are flawless. Is his arm elite, I don’t know but he throws it beautiful. Chance may not have Tommy’s arm and maybe he does. I’m not that astout about it but if he pushes Tommy good cause we are in a good place then. I really don’t care who wins this battle as long as that qb wins the games. I’m sick of losing and it feels good to be arguing over this stuff cause we haven’t been able to in a long time.

We haven’t seen an arm like TD in literally 20 years
People forget he’s a teenager who’s been on campus for 18 months or whatever
Kid is as legit as we’ll see
Chance may be great too. But cmon

Don't have to rewatch lol. I am a big fan of Devito. I never said he doesnt have a NFL arm. My beef is with the word elite. That's a special word. Elite means top 10 to me. I'm one of Devito's biggest fans. Saw his arm live at camp and would love for him to break all the records and become the next Dan Marino but he's not yet. We all have to settle down with expectations. I know its exciting to have competent coaches and players in the program now.

flick his wrist? You mean like Mick Vick? Also, give me an expample of a throw he made that 30 other college Qb's didnt make this year.
Awesome.

So you think our backup is in the top 30 right now.

Next year he will move up.

Thanks for endorsing DeVito.

I’m sleeping on chance.

Awesome.

So you think our backup is in the top 30 right now.

Next year he will move up.

Thanks for endorsing DeVito.

I’m sleeping on chance.
Just to play devil’s advocate, how does a top-30 thrower equate to a top-30 QB?

Btw - I think TD will be a fine QB in his own right.

Just to play devil’s advocate, how does a top-30 thrower equate to a top-30 QB?

Btw - I think TD will be a fine QB in his own right.
I took it as him saying that DeVito was making NFL caliber throws that only 30 other guys could make.

He made that same stupid 30 guys throw point like 5x so I spun it that way.

I took it as him saying that DeVito was making NFL caliber throws that only 30 other guys could make.

It's not a stupid point, he's saying that just because you have a good arm doesn't mean you're going to perform well in games and run an effective offense. It certainly helps, but if he's running for his life every play, then it won't matter. If judging a QB meant grading their stationary, no hurry throws from the 50, then Devito is potentially a Top 10 QB in college football. It's not that simple, though.

No one here is ruling out TD, in fact, I'd say most are thinking he's our guy next year (myself included); however, it's foolish to rule out Chance Amie getting looks. The kid is a specimen with a long stride, quick feet and a cannon. Dungey himself even said to watch this kid.

Look as I've said before Tommy is going to win the Heisman next year and go pro
We will have plenty of time to watch Chance after :)

when did I say top 30 Qb's lol. You have to read and stop trying to look for things to debate. We were talking elite arm strength and accuracy. The point is that I've watched many QB's in college show arm strength and accuracy on deep digs, comebacks, deep outs and posts. Our offense haven't shown much of that. It probably will when TD takes over but we've only seen small samples of what he can do. I havent seen a 70 yard throw from him yet. I saw good arm strength and zip on fades, screens, slants and posts. Again, show me some throws he made vs FSU, UNC WMU and ND that (OTHER) college QB's can't throw. Or maybe elite means something different to you?

It's not a stupid point, he's saying that just because you have a good arm doesn't mean you're going to perform well in games and run an effective offense. It certainly helps, but if he's running for his life every play, then it won't matter. If judging a QB meant grading their stationary, no hurry throws from the 50, then Devito is potentially a Top 10 QB in college football. It's not that simple, though.

No one here is ruling out TD, in fact, I'd say most are thinking he's our guy next year (myself included); however, it's foolish to rule out Chance Amie getting looks. The kid is a specimen with a long stride, quick feet and a cannon. Dungey himself even said to watch this kid.
:bat:

when did I say top 30 Qb's lol. You have to read and stop trying to look for things to debate. We were talking elite arm strength and accuracy. The point is that I've watched many QB's in college show arm strength and accuracy on deep digs, comebacks, deep outs and posts. Our offense haven't shown much of that. It probably will when TD takes over but we've only seen small samples of what he can do. I havent seen a 70 yard throw from him yet. I saw good arm strength and zip on fades, screens, slants and posts. Again, show me some throws he made vs FSU, UNC WMU and ND that (OTHER) college QB's can't throw. Or maybe elite means something different to you?

Elite doesn’t mean he’s the only one who can do it. To me it means capable of making hard throws routine. Consistently good vs occasionally great and all that. To me, Tommy has shown enough to earn the right to grow into that QB. He can be elite.

The throw he had to Custis vs FSU was as good as I’ve seen in the Dome. The guts it took to take over vs UNC showed something intangible that not many QBs have.

The question isn’t “has he made throws other QBs can?” ... but “can he grow into a guy who does it all the time?”

If Chance wins the job it will be because he’s too good to keep off the field, even for a guy with all ACC potential.

No one here is ruling out TD, in fact, I'd say most are thinking he's our guy next year (
:bat:
exactly.

Keep hitting yourself sport.

You’ve broke the 1st 2 Board Rule.

Elite doesn’t mean he’s the only one who can do it. To me it means capable of making hard throws routine. Consistently good vs occasionally great and all that. To me, Tommy has shown enough to earn the right to grow into that QB. He can be elite.

The throw he had to Custis vs FSU was as good as I’ve seen in the Dome. The guts it took to take over vs UNC showed something intangible that not many QBs have.

The question isn’t “has he made throws other QBs can?” ... but “can he grow into a guy who does it all the time?”

If Chance wins the job it will be because he’s too good to keep off the field, even for a guy with all ACC potential.
The elite response was basically from the poster who was being outrageous with his comments. Elite means you are considered to be one of the best. Keep in mind, we are talking arm strength. We don't know if he has the best arm in college football yet. We all see great things from TD. I've personally seen enough to make me feel like he is gonna be a consistent 300 yard passer but lets not say he has elite characteristics yet. Why is this so hard for people to understand? Saying that does not mean I don't expect it from him or I think Chance is better. lol.

I feel bad. I really love talking football but sometimes I know someone else knows more or is a coach. I have no clue if Ed has a elite arm yet and I hope he does, I was just trying to tell the haz that when I saw chance his ball jumped with a flick of the wrist. I don’t know how good chance can be but I’m glad we all get to find out I think the haze guy takes stuff a little personal. Jesus really and then talks shiiiiit to the mods. This forum helps my sanity and takes some of the want to keep coaching away as I can’t do it with my schedule. This is a fun place to talk about stuff my old lady hates the most the foos ball is the devil she says all the time. Anyways calm down there the haze and realize it ain’t life or death. Go orange and have a damn beer or something lol
You were fine with him -- made good points and were patient. He's suffering from acute millennialitis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom