Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

Ditota: Westry sat on the bench for Saturday’s event and walked out to greet his teammates when he was introduced to the crowd. He wasn’t using crutches, did not walk with a discernable limp and there was no visible brace. No idea if any of that means anything, but thought I should share.

Could be a meniscus:

What is the recovery time for a meniscus tear?

In many cases, rehabilitation can be carried out at home, although your doctor may recommend working with a physical therapist. Rehabilitation time for a meniscus repair is about 3 to 6 months. A meniscectomy requires less time for healing — approximately 3 to 6 weeks.
I would assume in his case they are certainly going to try and repair it which unfortunately brings with it a much longer time table to return.

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Could be a meniscus:

What is the recovery time for a meniscus tear?

In many cases, rehabilitation can be carried out at home, although your doctor may recommend working with a physical therapist. Rehabilitation time for a meniscus repair is about 3 to 6 months. A meniscectomy requires less time for healing — approximately 3 to 6 weeks.

I had this done when I was a young college athlete. I hope that's all it is for him. That's what "procedure" sounded like to me when I first read it above.

I tore my meniscus four years ago. Needed a full repair. After surgery, I was totally non-weight bearing and on crutches for two weeks and wore a big brace. A couple months later my best friend oddly enough had a partial meniscus tear and needed surgery as well. They pretty much just shave it a bit with a partial tear, so no full repair needed for him. He was putting weight on it a day later.

Crapping on a freshman is the worst. Do better.

PER less than 10.

12th in rebounding % on the team. 11th in assist %.

I’m not talking about a Fulton JV kid.

I’ll let everyone pick their own description.

“It’s a lower leg injury,” Autry said, “and we feel good about it.”

Autry said he expects to have Westry back at some point this season. SU’s strength in 2023-24 lies in its deep backcourt, but even with plenty of options there, the loss of Westry is not ideal. The Orange has a particularly difficult pre-ACC schedule. That schedule includes a trip to Hawaii for the stacked Maui Invitational.

“I would love to have him early on, but that’s what happens in sports,” Autry said. “We’re fortunate that we do have some guys. So we’ll hold it down.”

Autry said he expects to have Westry back at some point this season. SU’s strength in 2023-24 lies in its deep backcourt, but even with plenty of options there, the loss of Westry is not ideal. The Orange has a particularly difficult pre-ACC schedule. That schedule includes a trip to Hawaii for the stacked Maui Invitational.

“I would love to have him early on, but that’s what happens in sports,” Autry said. “We’re fortunate that we do have some guys. So we’ll hold it down.”
Hoping for mid to late December return.

This is awful news about Chance. But it’s now a huge opportunity for Copeland. He and Westry arguably bring similar strengths, so he’s now going to get even more playing time. I love what I’m hearing about his improvement. And now Cuffe will also probably see real playing time in the backcourt.

PER less than 10.

12th in rebounding % on the team. 11th in assist %.

I’m not talking about a Fulton JV kid.

I’ll let everyone pick their own description.
The guy who averaged just 3 mins less a game and has similar poor rebounding and assist numbers as well as over 2 ppg less gets none of this treatment. That’s the problem.

The guy who averaged just 3 mins less a game and has similar poor rebounding and assist numbers as well as over 2 ppg less gets none of this treatment. That’s the problem.

Please tell me you aren’t talking about JT, the kid who didn’t get to start bc of his dad.

Please tell me you aren’t talking about JT, the kid who didn’t get to start bc of his dad.
I am talking about JT but I don’t know what you are talking about after that?

Meniscus?

I’ve got no problem with Bell starting this year - if he lights it up from 3. I’m not expecting miracles in the rest of his game, but hopefully some clear improvement defensively and on the boards.

But given his game….we need big time shooting out of him. Like Shumpert, Nichols, White type 3 point shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom