Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

Mintz was a selfish headcase and it showed in games. He’s talented but no Johnny Flynn. Good man players, like Chance, can frustrate and throw him off. Funny how discipline usually trumps the undisciplined.
Your last sentence rings so true and there is decades of history showing this. And its just not with sports. Its a shame it isn't taught to every child.

Your last sentence rings so true and there is decades of history showing this. And its just not with sports. Its a shame it isn't taught to every child.

My Dad was always on me about self control and self discipline. He told me they were foundational to success. I wish I had taken him seriously 30 years earlier. Now I'm telling my kids the same thing.

Untrue, late lottery early freshman year.
Early freshman year, seriously. I guess things changed, That is why the NBA has a combine, as well as the elite lottery type prospects have private workouts. Early freshman year ratings mean nothing unless you sustain or develop further. Right?

Weird, heard the coaches said Quadir was the best guard the past two years.

Toe to toe with Judah? Dude went from a projected lottery pick to not even invited to the combine in a year and a half.
When was Judah projected as a lottery pick?
He is where he belongs with the draft. He is small and there is nothing he does that he is exceptional at.

Early freshman year, seriously. I guess things changed, That is why the NBA has a combine, as well as the elite lottery type prospects have private workouts. Early freshman year ratings mean nothing unless you sustain or develop further. Right?
What exactly are you barking about? Whatever your point you're trying to make is kind of proving my point that going toe to toe with Judah during practice wouldn't want to be the highlighted item on my resume in my entite basketball career.

Mintz was a selfish headcase and it showed in games. He’s talented but no Johnny Flynn. Good man players, like Chance, can frustrate and throw him off. Funny how discipline usually trumps the undisciplined.
This is a disgraceful post. You completely wave over all the incredible play Judah had - forgetting all of the hits he took being top 5 nationally in free throws and the endurance he showed playing nearly 40 min a game.

Oh yeah. The coaches also voted him All-ACC too.

Did he let his emotions get the best of him? Certainly. But he's also 19 and in the grand scheme of things he will learn and mature. He's a good kid.

it's galling to see an adult posting with such slimy contempt and judgement at the missteps of someone less than half their age.

Your knuckles are white from gripping your pearls, it's absolutely pathetic to trash him like this. One might say undisciplined, in fact.

Toe to toe with Judah? Dude went from a projected lottery pick to not even invited to the combine in a year and a half.
1716699457637.jpeg

I’m sure I’m late and someone else posted this.

When was Judah projected as a lottery pick?
He is where he belongs with the draft. He is small and there is nothing he does that he is exceptional at.

This place has gone a little overboard on Judah - no shot at you.

Guy averaged 19 points a game, 44% from the field,with a regressed outside shot. Good Judah was a bear finishing in the lane and midrange. He was the guy teams had to cut off.

If Chance can lock him up that's a clear good tell.

The coaches didn’t say Q was the best. They said he had the highest long term potential because of his athleticism, driving and vision/passing skills. He needs to learn to play under control and make the right play and improve his outside shooting if he’s going to realize his potential. But he was only a sophomore last year. It’s really all about his off the charts athleticism.

Last edited:
The coaches didn’t say Q was the best. They said he had the highest long term potential because of his athleticism, driving and vision/passing skills. He needs to learn to play under control and make the right play and improve his outside shooting if he’s going to realize his potential. But he was only a sophomore last year.
Listening would make a difference too.

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse​

If you change your mind I'm the first in line
Honey, I'm still free (take a chance)
Take a chance on me (take a, take a chance-chance)
If you need me (take a, take a chance-chance)
Let me know, gonna be around (take a chance)
If you've got no place to go, when you're feeling down (take a chance)
(Take a chance, take a, take a chance-chance)
(Take a chance, take a, take a chance-chance)

My Dad was always on me about self control and self discipline. He told me they were foundational to success. I wish I had taken him seriously 30 years earlier. Now I'm telling my kids the same thing.
I recognized this a long while ago, but it never had as much significance to me as it does now. My most major regret—that i let other issues (self-esteem, etc.) disrupt attention to discipline. Not that i was 'undisciplined.' When i had a job/was being paid/had a responsibility to others, i was always extremely disciplined. But, toward myself? Doing the right things for myself? Not so much.

I only recently stumbled upon this very basic quote and it's sad that it resonates so loudly:

1c63c8fe2ef1e8d1a9ef4dd41785c59b.jpg

Call it "demeanor".
You can't act like a loudmouth "look-at-me" showoff after every good play.
Have fun, yes- but how about staying level headed and on to the next play?
like showgloating when you're down 10. wanton popcockery i dare say.

(original coinage)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom