Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

Hmmm. Just when I thought there were some updates regarding Westry, in the Chance Westry thread. Silly me.
Lying The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

“Lower body injury” so vague that it gives off potato knee vibes . . . . . . . I wish this kid the best.

How are you folks feeling about him in this video?
He doesn't look injured.

He looks like he hasn't gained much muscle weight, but looks way fitter than his brief Auburn video.

He got into good shooting position on the one step back jumper, it looked pretty true.

The lifting we see in gyms these days doesn't even begin to resemble what actual athletes are doing. It's fun to see a little bit behind the curtain. I suspect he's doing more traditional muscle building exercises, as well. I am sure the coaching staff and Syracuse S&C guys are helping design his workout plan, with maybe some input from his physical therapy team. His recovery from injury is far and away the most important unknown variable for the team this season. Not to mention, it will have a huge effect on Westry's future wealth.

I wished we saw him dunk or run full speed. The dribbling drills at half speed really give little information.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

(Which isn't saying much for me)

He doesn't look injured.

He looks like he hasn't gained much muscle weight, but looks way fitter than his brief Auburn video.

He got into good shooting position on the one step back jumper, it looked pretty true.

The lifting we see in gyms these days doesn't even begin to resemble what actual athletes are doing. It's fun to see a little bit behind the curtain. I suspect he's doing more traditional muscle building exercises, as well. I am sure the coaching staff and Syracuse S&C guys are helping design his workout plan, with maybe some input from his physical therapy team. His recovery from injury is far and away the most important unknown variable for the team this season. Not to mention, it will have a huge effect on Westry's future wealth.

I wished we saw him dunk or run full speed. The dribbling drills at half speed really give little information.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

(Which isn't saying much for me)
Thanks.
Yeah, not seeing the full speed stuff, or high-level athleticism is worrying me. And there's zero lift on the jumper. That and the sort of 'awkwardness' in the handle and shot prep are weird. Back when we were recruiting him, there was a video of some sort of all star game or exhibition where he looked like the most confident and skilled guy on the court. Here, he looks like a walkon. I hope i'm misreading it.

Good, though, to see that it doesn't look like there are restrictions on what he's doing, and no wraps or braces or anything, of course. But, those clips don't look like a guy who was 'neck and neck against Judah for most talented' on the team, or however that was characterized. I fully recognize this was just a small sample of clips, and probably don't represent a fuller truth.

I still have very high hopes and expectations for him. Those early highlights were just so impressive. I hope he can be that.

Getting closer to full speed and dunking here.

If Chance plays in that summer league in CNY, I bet a few hundred people will start showing up just to see him. We have all been waiting for long to see what the kid can do.

If he doesn't play in that, still hoping there is a summer tour this year and they opt to play it in Canada. I would drive to Ottawa, Montreal, and/or Toronto to see the team play. So many new faces...it would really be good to have them start playing as a unit early.

Mike Waters or Donna Ditota, if you are listening, please try and find out if the team is going to do a summer tour this year. I think a lot of us are really interested in the answer to this.

Getting closer to full speed and dunking here.

If Chance plays in that summer league in CNY, I bet a few hundred people will start showing up just to see him. We have all been waiting for long to see what the kid can do.

If he doesn't play in that, still hoping there is a summer tour this year and they opt to play it in Canada. I would drive to Ottawa, Montreal, and/or Toronto to see the team play. So many new faces...it would really be good to have them start playing as a unit early.

Mike Waters or Donna Ditota, if you are listening, please try and find out if the team is going to do a summer tour this year. I think a lot of us are really interested in the answer to this.
I would think if it's not scheduled yet they're probably not doing one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom