Charlie Strong Fired ?? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Charlie Strong Fired ??

If DB leaves, the fans and SU administrators get what they deserve IMO. If you cant recognize what your greatest asset is and do all that is possible to keep it (especially when he was promised certain things), then you don't deserve him as your coach. And to the fans, I get it's been a rough 15 years, but this was a bad year to set the 2nd worst attendance record in Carrier Dome history.

I am serious, if he decides it's in his best interest to leave, I hope the 5-7 best young players on this team leave as well, because they deserve better. None of the players or coaches deserve the level of support that they have received this year. Winning here is hard enough as it is.

Randy Edsall is on line 2.

If he leaves because SU admin. didn't take care of business, that's the point when I'm done caring. We've struck gold in Dino. Don't screw it up. Give the guy what he needs.

If he leaves because SU admin. didn't take care of business, that's the point when I'm done caring. We've struck gold in Dino. Don't screw it up. Give the guy what he needs.

What on earth have we not given him aside from renovation?

If contractual he has recourse, if implied well the old AD left. Babers is going to finish 4-8. I can only imagine the hostage situation if we win 10.

Baylor had already contacted DFB but as usual he won't consider his options or any other school until season is over. SU still hasn't delivered on 2-3 things DFB needs and that doesn't include the Dome Reno.

Are these three things in the "yeah right" or the "completely plausible" category?

More money for assistants? We've seen the ramp up of support staff so far.

Very interesting.

If contractual he has recourse, if implied well the old AD left. Babers is going to finish 4-8. I can only imagine the hostage situation if we win 10.

This is what comes with major conference dollars. You can call it a hostage situation - but I think Dino really gets what it's going to take to win.

It's up to us to decide if it's worth it or not.

The Texas job is high reward - high risk.

It doesn't make things any easier for Strong at this point, but he must have known what he was getting himself into when he took the job.

Baylor had already contacted DFB but as usual he won't consider his options or any other school until season is over. SU still hasn't delivered on 2-3 things DFB needs and that doesn't include the Dome Reno.

Schools that want to be good would get him those 2-3 things. Not encouraging... They best be working on this. Wish you could could elaborate, but understand if you can't.

Don't know, I said "if" and that was based on what the guy I was replying to said.

I think this AD gets it and would assume he will take care of business. We've got a great chance to make things work, would be really disheartening if it gets screwed up again.

If you were Baylor , wouldn't you want a coach who's system is the same as Briles'. That would be a seemless transition , no , " It will take time to get the athletes that fit his system " speak . And yes , they do have the talent to make a run at a Championship .
Not really as Baylor has already stated they would fire all the current coaches... so unless Babers would bring all his current staff with him it would still be a rebuild.

Schools that want to be good would get him those 2-3 things. Not encouraging... They best be working on this. Wish you could could elaborate, but understand if you can't.

Elaborated via pm to all. Cannot post on forum. Need to leave for the day so no more pms.

This is asinine, Baylor isn't hiring Babers after he goes 4-8. It just won't happen. Also, even if they wanted to, they would have to pay his buyout. It would give us a lot of cash to burn on another coach. Hell, we could probably hire P.J. Fleck.

Reactions: CIL
This is asinine, Baylor isn't hiring Babers after he goes 4-8. It just won't happen. Also, even if they wanted to, they would have to pay his buyout. It would give us a lot of cash to burn on another coach. Hell, we could probably hire P.J. Fleck.
Baylor could pay not only his buyout but his 6 year salary from SU with money they find in their seat cushions.

If he is the coach they want, they will get him and there wont be much we can do about it. The only thing that will matters is what Babers wants and if he is happy. Doesn't sound like it when we hear that there are 2-3 promises made that haven't been fulfilled yet.

Have you ever taken a job and they promise you the world, then after you sign on the dotted line get none of what was promised?? Not a good feeling and can leave a bad taste in your mouth big time.

Also, don't think for a second that people don't know that Babers is fighting an uphill battle here to get to that 4-8 record. These things don't happen in a vacuum and everyone realizes he is doing a great job here already. Record is irrelevant, the guy can flat out coach.

Baylor could pay not only his buyout but his 6 year salary from SU with money they find in their seat cushions.

If he is the coach they want, they will get him and there wont be much we can do about it. The only thing that will matters is what Babers wants and if he is happy. Doesn't sound like it when we hear that there are 2-3 promises made that haven't been fulfilled yet.

Have you ever taken a job and they promise you the world, then after you sign on the dotted line get none of what was promised?? Not a good feeling and can leave a bad taste in your mouth big time.

Also, don't think for a second that people don't know that Babers is fighting an uphill battle here to get to that 4-8 record. These things don't happen in a vacuum and everyone realizes he is doing a great job here already. Record is irrelevant, the guy can flat out coach.

His record is not irrelevant, and he has lost winnable games. That isnt to say he isnt a great coach, but it is to say that he hasn't been phenomenal to a level meriting fear that Baylor will swoop in, pay his buyout, and take him away. Also, and I can't stress this enough, we'd be fine even if they do. If they want to pay a couple of million dollars for Dino, then we could basically take that money and give it to a new coach.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom