Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

EnviroSciGuy

Resident woody plant obsessive
The Captains may be passing judgement before the investigations are complete. S U may have to reinstate him and let the boycott chips land where they may.
I think he is re-instated; that doesn't mean Desko has to let him see the field and/or travel.

Cuse All-In

Walk On
Do you know how many witnesses there were?
I don't really understand why people want to speculate about a situation that is obviously confidential and is in the process of being investigated. There are serious implications for both parties and everyone should respect that by waiting for the investigation to be completed. I would have thought that intelligent people know that the court of public opinion is uninformed and potentially harmful.

StealthTurkey

Walk On
I don't really understand why people want to speculate about a situation that is obviously confidential and is in the process of being investigated. There are serious implications for both parties and everyone should respect that by waiting for the investigation to be completed. I would have thought that intelligent people know that the court of public opinion is uninformed and potentially harmful.

I mean, the nature of internet boards is centered around speculation.

But I understand what you're saying. I'm hesitant to pass judgement without knowing all the facts. But people are invested emotionally (and some even financially) in sports and in this University.

Everyone just wants to make sense of it, and the outcome of that exercise isn't always ideal.

Cuse All-In

Walk On
I mean, the nature of internet boards is centered around speculation.

But I understand what you're saying. I'm hesitant to pass judgement without knowing all the facts. But people are invested emotionally (and some even financially) in sports and in this University.

Everyone just wants to make sense of it, and the outcome of that exercise isn't always ideal.
Agreed. I think you make an excellent point. People are frustrated and want this situation dealt with so that the team can focus on playing better.

EuclidBred

Walk On
The Captains may be passing judgement before the investigations are complete. S U may have to reinstate him and let the boycott chips land where they may.

No way the Captains put out public statements regarding domestic abuse without knowing what happened. Also SU has no obligation to reinstate him. Again, when this all happened, the negative press could have been avoided by just giving Scanlan the boot. He would have kept his scholarship until the end of the spring semester and can transfer somewhere else. It is obvious his teammates do not want him back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom