Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

I hope some inmates exercised some justice on Chase in those few hours of jail time.

When you give blood they ask if you have been in jail for at least 72 hours. It's as if they expect something to happen to you within 72 hours.

I remember that Fab Melo got in trouble for frightening his girlfriend. I recall he injure himself trying to literally rip off the windshield wipers of her car. I don't recall hearing that his teammates refused to practice with him after that.

Maybe we're making some progress.

I mean, there's tweets from softball players disputing the validity of all the complaints contained in this, and their objection to being left out of the article.

Not saying I would ignore DO, but there are a few people that have been upset by their seemingly one-sided reporting as of late.

There is a way to combat one-sided reporting...

Like something out of a movie, horrific. Scanlan needs significant help he has some serious issues. Both also appear to have an issue with DV, this could have ended like the UVA situation.

Yeah this article really paints an ugly picture. I don't know what to think about what his dad said initially about the incident being blown out of proportion. Maybe he only had Chase's side but yikes. Lacrosse should not be his top priority any longer, hopefully he gets some serious help.

I remember that Fab Melo got in trouble for frightening his girlfriend. I recall he injure himself trying to literally rip off the windshield wipers of her car. I don't recall hearing that his teammates refused to practice with him after that.

Maybe we're making some progress.
He did more than frighten her.

It’s too bad they couldn’t realize the relationship was a mess from both sides and prevented any of this from happening. It’s pretty clear it was not ever a healthy trusting relationship.

I guess now is a good time to discuss the very credible rumor that Scanlan punched Peter Dearth in the face in the fall? It's a travesty and a joke that he was still with the team this spring. Every single person on the Syracuse campus knows about him. But Desko was more concerned about winning.

More stuff is going to come out, stuff that happened before the alleged domestic incident, and none of it is going to reflect well on the coaching staff.

I guess now is a good time to discuss the very credible rumor that Scanlan punched Peter Dearth in the face in the fall? It's a travesty and a joke that he was still with the team this spring. Every single person on the Syracuse campus knows about him. But Desko was more concerned about winning.

More stuff is going to come out, stuff that happened before the alleged domestic incident, and none of it is going to reflect well on the coaching staff.
Credible rumor from the fall is true, according to my sources.

Yes, its sad to see that a coach was not alert enough to see that the player has some issues and instead of helping the player, he cared more about winning. Its time for him to step down

Yes, its sad to see that a coach was not alert enough to see that the player has some issues and instead of helping the player, he cared more about winning. Its time for him to step down

I also heard from a source he had an issue with Nick Mellen last year as well

That DO article was pretty disturbing. In reading it, I have to believe that this pattern of behavior didn’t begin when Chase arrived at SU. Were there no background checks performed? Not only did we recruit the kid, we gave him #22 which makes him part of a special legacy. I’m a Desko fan but this lack of diligence does not reflect well on the staff.

Kudos to the captains and team for recognizing the issue. Chase is still a kid, I hope he gets the help he needs. Lacrosse gives him opportunities, it’s up to him to take advantage.

VS

That DO article was pretty disturbing. In reading it, I have to believe that this pattern of behavior didn’t begin when Chase arrived at SU. Were there no background checks performed? Not only did we recruit the kid, we gave him #22 which makes him part of a special legacy. I’m a Desko fan but this lack of diligence does not reflect well on the staff.

Kudos to the captains and team for recognizing the issue. Chase is still a kid, I hope he gets the help he needs. Lacrosse gives him opportunities, it’s up to him to take advantage.

VS
he is 20-21 no? not a kid in my opinon when it comes to this stuff

he is 20-21 no? not a kid in my opinon when it comes to this stuff
Yes, he should absolutely know better at this age. What I was trying to say is that he still has time to turn his life around. Devo is a great example of a person who had serious issues as a student at SU and now is a credit to the community.
I was by no means trying to excuse Scanlan's abhorrent behavior.

Yes, he should absolutely know better at this age. What I was trying to say is that he still has time to turn his life around. Devo is a great example of a person who had serious issues as a student at SU and now is a credit to the community.
I was by no means trying to excuse Scanlan's abhorrent behavior.
People who are good to the community can still smack their wife around when they get home unfortunately (not saying Devo does).
I'm curious, this is not a goof when I ask this: Does a kid who can get rough with a girl "turn it around". Is that fixable?

Back to my initial question. Were no background checks performed? How does this work with transfers. I would guess that there are informal conversations, but do things go deeper?

It's sad it took this to hopefully get Desko fired.

Well that worked out well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom