Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

1. An estimated 2 to 4 million women in the United States are abused each year.
2. Louisiana ranks as the second highest state in the United States for homicides related to domestic violence.
3. Half of women that are homeless with children are victims fleeing from domestic violence.
4. 1 in every 3 women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime.
5. Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women who are between the ages of 15 and 44.
Women between the ages of 16 and 24 are at the highest risk for domestic violence and s e xual assault.
28% of students in high school and college experience some form of dating violence.
3.3 million children are exposed to family members committing violence against their mothers or female caretakers.
9. Male children that witness or experience violence in their home are three times more likely to become batterers.
10. Fathers who batter children mothers are twice as likely to seek sole physical custody of children than non violent fathers.

I never stated that it wasn't happening, or that it still wasn't an issue. I was attempting to argue that with today's modern women having so much more opportunities, options, etc. than the generations before them, I found it less likely that these women, especially young educated, professional type women (which is the subject here) stay in abusive relationships.

Do you think women today have far more options, opportunities than the generations before them? And, because of same, young(er) women today (at least a large part) don't/won't ever feel "stuck" relative to their plight and they get the hell out?

Last edited:
I never stated that it wasn't happening, or that it still wasn't an issue. I was attempting to argue that with today's modern women having so much more opportunities, options, etc. than the generations before them, I found it less likely that these women, especially young educated, professional type women (which is the subject here) stay in abusive relationships.

Do you think women today have far more options, opportunities than the generations before them? And, because of same, young(er) women today (at least a large part) don't/won't ever feel "stuck" relative to their plight and they get the hell out?

No.

No they are not. However, the main premise of the topic at hand being discussed here is relative to the man vs. woman relationship and its related behavioral history. And, I'm not implying that young(er) women are still not still somewhat susceptible to it or still experience it, but more along the lines of being far less tolerable to it, therefore, they don't stick around as they once did.
It has little to do with age. It is a mental health issue. Every abused woman knows that there are services and shelters. Having the confidence and strength to make a move is rare.
It takes a special person to walk away from someone who mistreats you but who you, almost always, still care for and believe they can be a better person.
There are lots of levels and types of abuse. The one thing abuse victims (continuous type of behavior, not necessarily the first instance) have in common is lack of self confidence. That is deeply rooted in their psyche, which is why support services are so important.

It has little to do with age. It is a mental health issue. Every abused woman knows that there are services and shelters. Having the confidence and strength to make a move is rare.
It takes a special person to walk away from someone who mistreats you but who you, almost always, still care for and believe they can be a better person.
There are lots of levels and types of abuse. The one thing abuse victims (continuous type of behavior, not necessarily the first instance) have in common is lack of self confidence. That is deeply rooted in their psyche, which is why support services are so important.

Obviously, there are a lot of layers to this topic. I believe there's causation to today's young(er) modern women and how the plethora of opportunities, etc. afforded to them today affects their mental health, wellbeing, etc. I'm in agreement to your "special person" reference, however, I would substitute with saying a "strong" person.

One's strength & confidence is significantly based upon one's life experiences, achievements, support system, etc. In my opinion, women today, in general, are far more empowered than women of yesteryear, therefore, far more confident based upon the opportunities, experiences, etc. presently afforded to them. And, because of same, they are much stronger, confident, etc. to make tough decisions.

However, just as this growing particular group of women possess traits of this nature, and, which are deeply embedded into their being, I realize that that group of less opportune/fortunate women who have been on different, opposite type life paths, journeys, etc., are still quite susceptible, and at a higher risk due to not possessing those similar characteristics.

Last edited:
And it feels like there are a lot of cars still moving toward the wreck.

ive contributed but Im thinking of that scene aim blues brothers where the police cars just keep piling up

I hope some inmates exercised some justice on Chase in those few hours of jail time.

Her punishment? The phk outta here with that.
Before any charges filed and made public, Chase was a monster who beat up his girlfriend and/or threw her through a wall. Neither the case according to these charges with the DA addressing the latter directly, but Chase is still a pariah and ostracized as such.

Destroying someone else’s property is not nothing and it led to a volatile situation, which according to her included her throwing a punch and Chase subsequently being on top and restraining her on his bed. Regardless, not the narrative portrayed ahead of time, but he still shoulders all the burden of being a woman beater.

I haven’t gone through the whole thread and not sure if it was mentioned or not. If anyone follows Rehfuss on Instagram, his story post a couple days ago says all you need to about the situation.

The players know what happened, coaches know what happened. Do you really think the team was ready to walk out of practice over a broken phone?
Can you copy/paste the story or link where I can read it. I couldn’t find it on his Instagram.

Can you copy/paste the story or link where I can read it. I couldn’t find it on his Instagram.
Unfortunately it is gone, stories only last 24 hours. The post was about Yeardley Love. You can go to join1love and see a couple pics with the Cuse guys in it

Well. Criminal mischief (phone) and harassment (no injuries) with a DA that notoriously overcharges, especially high profile cases.
There’s more to the story that has not come out and in this case, it’s being undercharged

Early on I thought Scanlon was a basket hanger/ goal hanger in lacrosse and not a team player. That being said I am still waiting for one of the “ more to the story” people to tell at least how many witnessed saw the encounter and it was more than she said/ he said so I can jump on the hate Chase Scanlon band wagon.

Early on I thought Scanlon was a basket hanger/ goal hanger in lacrosse and not a team player. That being said I am still waiting for one of the “ more to the story” people to tell at least how many witnessed saw the encounter and it was more than she said/ he said so I can jump on the hate Chase Scanlon band wagon.

wait for facts? Nah, grab your pitchfork and analogize him to a murderer so freaks can feel better about the forum.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom