Chris Ash thread... | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, he's from Ottumwa, Iowa?
Radar-O-Reilly-m-a-s-h-14056353-320-240.jpg

I shared a Grape Nehi with him!

Here I am just going to try and gather information about Chris Ash so people can form an informed opinion, rather than... he's only the co defensive coordinator approach. While I am not thrilled about this development, lets try to keep this on topic and useful conversation.

Chris Ash

@CoachChrisAsh

Current position
Title
Defensive coordinator
Team Ohio State
Born December 24, 1973 (age 41) Ottumwa, Iowa
Alma mater Drake University

Playing career
1992–1996
Drake
Position(s) Defensive Back

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
Drake (GA)
1998–1999 Drake (DC)
2000–2001 Iowa State (GA)
2002–2005 Iowa State (DB)
2006 Iowa State (DB/RC)
2007–08 San Diego State (DB/RC)
2009 Iowa State (DB/RC)
2010 Wisconsin (DB)
2011–2012 Wisconsin (DC/DB)
2013 Arkansas (DC/DB)
2014–present Ohio State (DC/S)

Chris Ash talking to OSU about hand placement.

Five jobs in seven years?

Sign me up. All of these people bailing IF he is the hire are amazing. It is still just a rumor yet people are losing their minds. It's awesome to witness.

Ash raved about Dan McCarney in one of the videos. Would not surprise me if he brought McCarney in as Assistant Head Coach/D Line Coach. Also, McCarney should have good recruiting ties in FL and TX also.

Ash raved about Dan McCarney in one of the videos. Would not surprise me if he brought McCarney in as Assistant Head Coach/D Line Coach. Also, McCarney should have good recruiting ties in FL and TX also.

Nice catch

Thanks for the info. Having gotten over the initial shock/disbelief/denial/rage of the apparent direction we are headed in with the hire, I think I have settled into a stable state of indifference that can be nursed back to a "wait and see (hope?)" optimism. At the very least, our DBs should be able to turn their heads on deep balls, and not be put into coverage with 10 yard cushions.

Did Iowa State interview him for their vacancy? Considering he spent so much time there...

Did Iowa State interview him for their vacancy? Considering he spent so much time there...

Not sure on that, I think he interviewed for the CSU job last year?

Good article about Ash fixing the OSU defense

"Ash brought the Cover 4, press quarters system with him to Ohio State, implementing it in the spring of 2014, enduring some bumps and bruises early in the season then thriving down the stretch as the Buckeyes won the national title."

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...states-defense-has-come-in-the-last-two-years
On the Ash "bright side", we need someone to map out and implement major improvement of the SU defense. The coaching, and with a small number of player exceptions, were terrible. IMO it was in the running to be the worse defense in a P5 conference this year - not statistically, but in terms of coming up small at crunch time, repeatedly.

Same thing most recruits would think looking at our threads about them. They are gods one day and the worst players ever the next.

Fans are insane and any coach or player for that matter, know better than to look at message boards because it will drove you insane. That said families look all the time and they can't ever really like what they see on team message boards

Status
Not open for further replies.