Chris Ash thread... | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched Bill Belichick coach for 15 years running... no one is the next Belichick.

You mean it takes more than wearing a Patriots sweatshirt?

Maybe this guy will hold players accountable for missed tackles and blown coverages. I'd be happy with that, I'm sure they have some killer technique at the Ohio State University.

ash and osu beat frost and oregon in last year's natty. i suppose thats worth something.

It's really not worth comparing NFL and college. They are very different games these days.
Well here's the PERFECT example for ya then. PETE CARROL. Defensive coach. Successful at the college level? Successful offense at USC?

Gathering information about Chris Ash so people can form an informed opinion, rather than... he's only the co defensive coordinator approach. While I am not thrilled about this development, lets try to keep this on topic and useful conversation.

Chris Ash

@CoachChrisAsh

Current position
Title
Defensive coordinator
Team Ohio State
Born December 24, 1973 (age 41) Ottumwa, Iowa
Alma mater Drake University

Playing career
1992–1996
Drake
Position(s) Defensive Back

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
Drake (GA)
1998–1999 Drake (DC)
2000–2001 Iowa State (GA)
2002–2005 Iowa State (DB)
2006 Iowa State (DB/RC)
2007–08 San Diego State (DB/RC)
2009 Iowa State (DB/RC)
2010 Wisconsin (DB)
2011–2012 Wisconsin (DC/DB)
2013 Arkansas (DC/DB)
2014–present Ohio State (DC/S)

Chris Ash talking to OSU about hand placement.

Last edited:
With all that history at Iowa state, is it telling that they didn't give him a shake?

From his time at Wiscy

"In 2012, the Badgers led the Big Ten and ranked third in the NCAA with a three-and-out percentage of 41.72, and their 5.23 three and outs per game topped the Big Ten and was fourth in the country. The Badgers' defense was 13th in the NCAA in total defense and tied for 19th in the country in scoring defense.

In three games against Ohio State while at UW, the Badgers defense held the Buckeyes to less than 120 yards per game passing despite losing two of those games. Braxton Miller was Ohio State's quarterback in two of those games and Terrell Pryor was under center in the other."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-of-chris-ash-brilliant-move-to-help-defense

I do like his energy.

There. I said something positive about the man. He also looks smarter in glasses - so he should keep wearing them.

Writer that covers Ohio St. on the other site said the Ohio St. defense is Ash and everything changed when he came in to the fold.

Basically everything I am reading suggests that as well.

Writer that covers Ohio St. on the other site said the Ohio St. defense is Ash and everything changed when he came in to the fold.

My understand he totally changed the pass defense and everything I have read says he is an outstanding defensive backs coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom