Chris Ash thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is the play. We get the best of both worlds. We hire Ash as HC then Frost stays and we hire Lubick as our OC to run Oregon offense here in the Cuse. Lubick and Ash are said to be great recruiters and have North East ties
Do you have enough booze and/or drugs to share with the board?

LOL! yeah, Ash would go co DC at ohio state to be full blown DC at cuse. What, just for the AHC title? Everyone just calm down until its over. You guys are so jaded about everything.

P.S: Was Marrone the offensive mastermind we all thought he could be? Nah. One year of offensive success doesnt count.

Jesus he went from 115th offense to 17th, that's actually remarkable.

Can we get some new smiley face emoticons?

I don't mean I want to post a smiley face here.

I'm just asking a general question.

Hiring a defensive head coach isn't a problem if he hires a good OC. I would t worry about what side of the ball a coach comes from
Yes it does. The HC makes important game management decisions and sets the tone for the offense. Defensive coaches have completely different mind sets. The entire culture of the team is set by the HC.

Crusty said:
Yes it does. The HC makes important game management decisions and sets the tone for the offense. Defensive coaches have completely different mind sets. The entire culture of the team is set by the HC.
Forth and 2 from the 42 yard line. DC's generally punt, OCs go for it.

If this is what happens, I'll be impressed that Coyle will have managed to lose the fans who did not want Shafer fired and those who did. Just a great job at bringing the remaining 15,000 Syracuse football fans together.
Seriously - I suspect he will hear about the blowback.

Well, if they want to bury SU football for good, this is a good plan.

Jake said:
Yup.
DCs always think theyll get a stop, OCs know they won't

Or attempt a 59 yard field goal like FHCSS did at Louisville. That was they play where he lost me.

The more I read about Ash, the more I like this option. Great recruiter, runs the defense 100% at Ohio State and the co-coordinator tag is just something cute Urban came up with. Runs a 4-3 and plays man to man coverage, which is a change from the 2 deep that they used to run.

rumors all over the place now Chris ash next coach ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate this hire, hope in some way this is not the case. We should have kept SS if we are going with defensive backs coach. Iowa state hits a home run and we strike out :bat:

mlbball99 said:
CuseNation Sports ‏@cusesports44 15m15 minutes ago Have heard from a couple of sources that Chris Ash is slowly becoming a top target for Syracuse Football. Will wait to hear more. #cuse Interesting to see this. They also went onto tweet that Chris Ash is a FORMER TEAMMATE of Mark Coyle. Could be onto something here... Chris Ash is the defensive coordinator for Ohio State, and formerly the DC with Wisconsin and Arkansas. Good resume.

Both went to drake but they were 5 years apart.

On the bright side if we do wind up with Fickell his name is so easily changed to "F**k All", making it easy for lines about referencing that's how much he knows about football when things are going badly.
Both Fickell and Ash are quality candidates in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.