Chris Ash thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is coming out in this thread is that DC's no longer need apply to be HC's. That is pretty strong career advice for everyone who wants to be a coach. Quite a glass ceiling, wouldn't you say?

Totally untrue. What about all the teams that completely overreact to a recent bad experience with an offensive-minded head coach?

Your Spanish translation is less obvious than this.

latest

If this is what happens, I'll be impressed that Coyle will have managed to lose the fans who did not want Shafer fired and those who did. Just a great job at bringing the remaining 15,000 Syracuse football fans together.
That is so true. On the plus side, proof positive that Coyle can unite people.

If you take away the first and last game,our defense was just flat out horrible and those two games I mentioned......those offenses were just even worse.

We really need some defensive coaching also. I will not lose sleep over the next hire

jekelish said:
No they weren't. They graduated five years apart, but Coyle got his masters in '92, which was Ash's freshman year.

That seals it.

Do people understand this guy might be the best defensive mind in college football right now. If he could bring Larry Johnson I will sign up. How did Pitt do with Narduzzi this year? Sorry Millhouse and IB.

Jake said:
Forth and 2 from the 42 yard line. DC's generally punt, OCs go for it.

Also, I suspect DC's will generally default to putting "athletes" on defense while OCs may put them on offense.

It's well documented that HCs that came from the defensive side rarely end up with high powered offenses (setting aside the factories that are selector schools).

What is the upside with another blockhead like this? What uconn has with diaco or bc with Addazio, white knuckling your way to 6-6 / 7-5 in the good years. 17-13 rock fights. Zero offense.

Oh wait, BC has the 7th best d in country and went 3-9.

Shoot me.

Do people understand this guy might be the best defensive mind in college football right now. If he could bring Larry Johnson I will sign up. How did Pitt do with Narduzzi this year? Sorry Millhouse and IB.

He's the best defensive mind and he's co-DC?

And leave Larry Johnson and anything to do with PSU the F away from Syracuse.

They better leave 900k for an OC and not being overpaying for this goof. Doesn't seem like anyone is knocking down his door to be a HC. Just such a bad hire if true.

I hate narduzzi, his teams are boring and he whines like a 6 year old girl.

Defense is dead just like disco.

I haven't read this whole thread but if we hire Ash. This is my reaction.
I wanted SS fired but this guy wouldn't be worth firing him.
When I wanted FHCSS fired, I thought the understanding was that whoever replaced him would be, you know, an improvement. Chris Ash isn't even the DC! He is a Co-DC.

I just jumped into the ground and it felt like warm marshmallows with glitter.

I am the first one to say fire Shafer, but even I'm skeptical now that it was the wrong decision. If we're hiring some no-name assistant defensive coordinator that does NOT instill any excitement in the fanbase or recruits, then why the hell did we fire Shafer?? Maryland is now in talks with Richt, VT got Fuentes, ISU gets Campbell... these are schools that we compete against with for recruits. If we bail on the progress that this staff made in recruiting and installing a system to hire Chris Ash?!? I don't know what.

Status
Not open for further replies.