Chris Ash thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read about Ash, the more I like this option. Great recruiter, runs the defense 100% at Ohio State and the co-coordinator tag is just something cute Urban came up with. Runs a 4-3 and plays man to man coverage, which is a change from the 2 deep that they used to run.[/QUOT

And not for nothing but SU's Defense wasn't...well shut down. Any help on the D side would be appreciated. If SU gets a couple of stops in a few of these games it changes the entire season. The South Florida game was a prime example. They scored everytime they had the ball.

Yes it does. The HC makes important game management decisions and sets the tone for the offense. Defensive coaches have completely different mind sets. The entire culture of the team is set by the HC.
What is coming out in this thread is that DC's no longer need apply to be HC's. That is pretty strong career advice for everyone who wants to be a coach. Quite a glass ceiling, wouldn't you say?

Fickell? Now I know someone is just trolling us. Why isn't Fred Reed coming back to interview for the HC position?

On the bright side if we do wind up with Fickell his name is so easily changed to "F**k All", making it easy for lines about referencing that's how much he knows about football when things are going badly.
Also rhymes with pickle, which is the state Coyle will be in.

What is coming out in this thread is that DC's no longer need apply to be HC's. That is pretty strong career advice for everyone who wants to be a coach. Quite a glass ceiling, wouldn't you say?
Different schools have different problems

We have a lot of fans with sleep apnea who want to win 20-17 that don't know what the problem is

Last edited:
Different schools have different problems

We have a lot of fans with sleep apnea who want to win 20-17 that don't on w what the problem is
You might attempt to make your points without the condescending shots at the fanbase.

Btw, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea as a very fit 32 year old. So, you might consider picking on a different segment of the population when attempting to paint SU fans as blue-haired dolts.

Crusty said:
I cannot believe this crap. A freaking DC. Coyle is all over the place.

My money is in Coyle not being all over the place but posters and people thinking they have the scoop being all over the place. Shouldn't we wait until a hire is actually made?

orangeinjersey said:
ADMC and Ash had a deal when they were both footballin at Drake, "If either of us gets an AD job, we hire the other as coach"

Except Coyle is 5 years older.

Both went to drake but they were 5 years apart.
No they weren't. They graduated five years apart, but Coyle got his masters in '92, which was Ash's freshman year.

My money is in Coyle not being all over the place but posters and people thinking they have the scoop being all over the place. Shouldn't we wait until a hire is actually made?

my own guess is were negotiating with 1 or more candidates first to agree gets the job

You might attempt to make your points without the condescending shots at the fanbase.

Btw, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea as a very fit 32 year old. So, you might consider picking on a different segment of the population when attempting to paint SU fans as blue-haired dolts.
I meant to say sleep fapnea

Status
Not open for further replies.