Chris Bell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell

He’s closer to Jones than Moten at this point.

Good Lord at ignoring that I mentioned Shumpert, Nichols, and Southerland.

Regardless, not sure he’ll ever quite be a Dana Dingle or a Donta Bright.

He's more a Carmelo Travieso IMO.

But hopefully not a Lou Roe.

DW, I'm just saying that he played a nice game the other night, by far his best of the season. And certainly not all he is capable of. The guys you mentioned were all great players, but if you hear Bell talk, well, he reminds me of Moten.
So, you're just saying he played a nice game the other night. Fine.

And you're also saying he's the second coming of the Syracuse basketball all-time leading scorer.

ok sure.gif

I think the Cornell game was Chris's coming out party. He really had a complete game. I can see why Boeheim has been leaning on him hard, he has a lot of skills. The more I think about it, the more he reminds me of... Lawrence Moten.
yep with his length and athleticism he's gonna be better than moten as an overall player as well as what he'll do post syracuse. Maybe not as a scorer in terms of what Moten put up but very good numbers. Of course he'll be gone sooner rather than later so he won't get close to motens numbers but he's going to be a good one, a very good one for the time he's here.

This is a lot of praise for a game against an Ivy league team who has shown no interest in guarding anyone this season. Just as in Joe's case with hustle and shot selection, and Judah curtailing his head down drives to the basket flips to the rim while falling down, one game does not make a corner turned. This is like a heat check 40 footer after making a Free Throw.

This is a lot of praise for a game against an Ivy league team who has shown no interest in guarding anyone this season. Just as in Joe's case with hustle and shot selection, and Judah curtailing his head down drives to the basket flips to the rim while falling down, one game does not make a corner turned. This is like a heat check 40 footer after making a Free Throw.
Just happy to see some improvement that's all it is. How different is Cornell really from a Bryant or a Colgate? You could argue cornell is better than those teams even. Taking care of business against the type of team we have already folded against this season is worthy of some praise. A freshman showing signs of improving is worthy of some praise. A five game win streak is worthy of some praise.

I think the Cornell game was Chris's coming out party. He really had a complete game. I can see why Boeheim has been leaning on him hard, he has a lot of skills. The more I think about it, the more he reminds me of... Lawrence Moten.
The eyes rolled all the way out the back of my head when I read this

I find this an interesting thread to read through touching back on some real solid players from the past. It sounds like many of us are giddy after a few games showing improvement. We have, at least for now, cleared the peak of stacking JB, the rest of the coaching staff, the AD, Joe, Symir, Benny, Bell, JBA and sometimes Mintz on the scrap heap. To me this is exactly what a "work in progress" looks like for a young team with a blend of a couple veterans and mostly newcomers. The game time adjustments are now starting to show results. Both the defense and offense is starting to play more effectively. Rebounds remain a concern, aren't they always in a zone, but even that is picking up. The next two games with Pitt and BC will be interesting to test progress of the current team.

Moten? I’d like to see bell spend more time closer to basket which is where Moten excelled.
I'm thinking at this time in this offense, Boeheim wants Chris on the perimeter to space the floor. He needs to have a second 3 point threat to give Joe a chance to get quality looks. Bell's game could be more than he is showing right now.

So, you're just saying he played a nice game the other night. Fine.

And you're also saying he's the second coming of the Syracuse basketball all-time leading scorer.

View attachment 223388
Well, I have been scratching my head ever since Boeheim said this was his best recruiting class ever, I think that's what he said. Now you could say Jim has gone senile or something, but I am going to take him at his word. That said, you have Judah, who is special. Then he has the othe 5 guys and Bell is the only starter out of that group. Brown is real good, Taylor is nice, Q and Carey are good development prospects. So there's no way he could say that this is his best class with just Judah as great player, he must think a lot of Bell, enough to put this class the top. I've heard him talk and watched him play, he's got the goods.

1671562726761.jpeg

Well, I have been scratching my head ever since Boeheim said this was his best recruiting class ever, I think that's what he said. Now you could say Jim has gone senile or something, but I am going to take him at his word. That said, you have Judah, who is special. Then he has the othe 5 guys and Bell is the only starter out of that group. Brown is real good, Taylor is nice, Q and Carey are good development prospects. So there's no way he could say that this is his best class with just Judah as great player, he must think a lot of Bell, enough to put this class the top. I've heard him talk and watched him play, he's got the goods.
He said it's his best class ever before he got Judah. The 5 other guys are starter material. They need time though.

I've said multiple times in game threads that Bell reminds me a lot of a freshman Shumpert. Shump took a few years to become a college star. Obviously, we had way more talent on those teams so we had the luxury of letting him develop and come off the bench.

They're almost the same exact size. Smooth shooters. Minimal ball handling and not very physical at this point.

Yea it was Moten. My memory just flashed back to Jackson being real upset and arguing with the refs.
Yeah at first I think Luke thought they were calling the T on him, and he had the facial expression of a kid whos parents were about to ground him for something his sibling did.

I remember the Arkansas game and the Texas A&M games better than the final four in 1996.
But it appears everyone who beats us goes nearly all the way - Oklahoma, Vermont (well they got creamed by Michigan State), Butler, Dayton…

I'm thinking at this time in this offense, Boeheim wants Chris on the perimeter to space the floor. He needs to have a second 3 point threat to give Joe a chance to get quality looks. Bell's game could be more than he is showing right now.
I hope bell turns into a ferocious rebounder.

Especially when he called timeout against Arkansas.
He also picked up a five-second call at the end of the loss to Providence in the Big East Tournament that same year.

Brown reminds me of Moten way more than Bell does. Always seems to be in the right place. Not afraid to mix it up in the paint. Calm, cool and collected. Smooth and smart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom