Chris Bell | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell

Okay. It' s also true. And maybe if we had gone out and got a real P-5 forward, we wouldn't have lost to Colgate or Bryant.
last year he went out and got Swider and it took him more than half the season to get up to speed. Bell is actually ahead of where Swider was at the same point last season.

I’ll stick with the same theory I proposed months ago. He went after a big class, many committed fairly early and long before our season was coming to an end. He may not have promised any starting spots or even X mins, but probably laid out opportunities. If he went to the portal and got someone better than what the recruits were, it could have cost us 1-2 of those freshman.
okay. But that's sports. The best guys play.

I’ll stick with the same theory I proposed months ago. He went after a big class, many committed fairly early and long before our season was coming to an end. He may not have promised any starting spots or even X mins, but probably laid out opportunities. If he went to the portal and got someone better than what the recruits were, it could have cost us 1-2 of those freshman.
Your theory would have been good 10 years ago, this is 2022. Freshman don’t win basketball games, experience does. It’s much easier to get experienced guys instantly through the portal now.

last year he went out and got Swider and it took him more than half the season to get up to speed. Bell is actually ahead of where Swider was at the same point last season.
No way. Bad take here.

Many committed early? Aren't these guys our 2nd and 3rd choices?

Though I think we got some guys who will be very good in a year or two.

Your theory would have been good 10 years ago, this is 2022. Freshman don’t win basketball games, experience does. It’s much easier to get experienced guys instantly through the portal now.
Yeah, with Boeheim continuously hanging Bell and Benny out to dry (not that they never deserve it), I wonder if we see him becoming more active in the portal moving forward.

Mintz can play at a high level, but there are only but so many guys like him and Boeheim/the staff don’t seem up to the task of coaching up the others.

Sorry, I forgot that what posters main purpose here on the fan is to tear players down, not build them up. He has played a third of a season and has just about everyone trashing him, wanting him to lose his starting spot and questioning why JB didn't beg Swider to stay or go out and get an experienced guy via portal. He didn't do either of those things because he wanted to develop Chris. And I can see why he wanted to, he seems like a great young person.
neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

There were lots of guys in the portal as good as or better than Swider who would have jumped at the chance to be a volume shooter at the 3 for the Orange. Passed on them, that should tell you something.
JB is lazy?

No way. Bad take here.
Swider very iffy for at least half of last season. I defended him numerous times when most of the board said he was a miss. Even with the loss to despicable PITT, I'm really liking the young guys on thisteam and think they are going to play better and better as the season goes on.

Swider very iffy for at least half of last season. I defended him numerous times when most of the board said he was a miss. Even with the loss to despicable PITT, I'm really liking the young guys on thisteam and think they are going to play better and better as the season goes on.
If Swider was very iffy, then Bell is very iffy squared. Just admit that the freshmen on this team are and will be inconsistent. It's okay; that's how it usually works.

If Swider was very iffy, then Bell is very iffy squared. Just admit that the freshmen on this team are and will be inconsistent. It's okay; that's how it usually works.
Of course freshman are inconsistent.

He is one of the most money shooters as a freshman I can remember since...GMac maybe? His shot is just butter. That short corner mid range jumper he has he hits at like an 80% rate. I sure hope he can continue to contribute in other ways, because his shooting is filthy.

He is one of the most money shooters as a freshman I can remember since...GMac maybe? His shot is just butter. That short corner mid range jumper he has he hits at like an 80% rate. I sure hope he can continue to contribute in other ways, because his shooting is filthy.
He answered the bell tonight, wanted the ball to show he could respond to the ND barrage. Brass balls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom