Chris Bell | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell

I'm thinking at this time in this offense, Boeheim wants Chris on the perimeter to space the floor. He needs to have a second 3 point threat to give Joe a chance to get quality looks. Bell's game could be more than he is showing right now.
Well, unlike you, I saw him play in high school. He should not be mentioned in the same breathe with Moten. Let's put aside that he doesn't play defense or rebound. He has a nice stroke but is inconsistent with it. He can't put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. I usually just ignore your posts but this one was just too ridiculous to ignore. I have hopes that by the time he leaves here, he will be a Southerland type player for us.

Especially when he called timeout against Arkansas.
Moten was one of the smartest players to play for Syracuse in the last 50 years. And yet, he did three of the dumbest things I have seen a Syracuse player do. The time out vs Ark when the coaches had just told the guys they didn't have any more time outs. Against P.C. in the Big East tourney, I believe, not drippling the ball and getting called for a 5 second call and against Pitt earlier in the year fouling a Pitt guy with us up 4 and them shooting a very, very late 3. I hate to say other than that Mrs Lincoln because he really was a heady player.

Yea it was Moten. My memory just flashed back to Jackson being real upset and arguing with the refs.
Moten also did something “odd” in the BET when we lost (maybe to Providence). The back to back “errors” led to some speculation in town.

Well, unlike you, I saw him play in high school. He should not be mentioned in the same breathe with Moten. Let's put aside that he doesn't play defense or rebound. He has a nice stroke but is inconsistent with it. He can't put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. I usually just ignore your posts but this one was just too ridiculous to ignore. I have hopes that by the time he leaves here, he will be a Southerland type player for us.
Sorry, I forgot that what posters main purpose here on the fan is to tear players down, not build them up. He has played a third of a season and has just about everyone trashing him, wanting him to lose his starting spot and questioning why JB didn't beg Swider to stay or go out and get an experienced guy via portal. He didn't do either of those things because he wanted to develop Chris. And I can see why he wanted to, he seems like a great young person.

Sorry, I forgot that what posters main purpose here on the fan is to tear players down, not build them up. He has played a third of a season and has just about everyone trashing him, wanting him to lose his starting spot and questioning why JB didn't beg Swider to stay or go out and get an experienced guy via portal. He didn't do either of those things because he wanted to develop Chris. And I can see why he wanted to, he seems like a great young person.
:rolleyes:

Bell reminds me of Alan Griffin more than anyone. Maybe it’s the number, but their games are very similar.

Yes because that is what dasher was doing... good lord... go see what your UMass buds are up to.

It's the same game you always play. There were many that were encouraged by Chris game vs Cornell. But you go over the top with it by bringing up Moten, and then when people come back with more realistic expectations, you accuse us of tearing him down.

It's just a set up for you that you've done several times before. I'm sorry you don't have better things to do with your time.

What? It's not fans job to build a player up. Or to lie about how well the players has done so far this year. If, as a fan, you think we are better off with bell over Swider, I can't even address how ridiculous that is.

It's the same game you always play. There were many that were encouraged by Chris game vs Cornell. But you go over the top with it by bringing up Moten, and then when people come back with more realistic expectations, you accuse us of tearing him down.

It's just a set up for you that you've done several times before. I'm sorry you don't have better things to do with your time.
Exactly.

What? It's not fans job to build a player up. Or to lie about how well the players has done so far this year. If, as a fan, you think we are better off with bell over Swider, I can't even address how ridiculous that is.
There were lots of guys in the portal as good as or better than Swider who would have jumped at the chance to be a volume shooter at the 3 for the Orange. Passed on them, that should tell you something.

To be fair, it’s not Chris’ fault that he got a starting spot due to bad roster management. If he was on any other Cuse team, he would not be starting as a freshman.

To be fair, it’s not Chris’ fault that he got a starting spot due to bad roster management. If he was on any other Cuse team, he would not be starting as a freshman.
Coach wants him there.

Coach wants him there.
You think JB knew what he was getting with Chris Bell coming in? He didn’t even know Chris didn’t rebound in HS until a few weeks into the season lol. JB didn’t bring ask Cole to come back or go after transfers because he was settling. Chris was just the best floor spacing option out of the remaining forwards.

I’m not trying to hate on Chris Bell, I think he will be good in time. I’m just saying JB being lazy is the reason why he’s starting as a freshman.

There were lots of guys in the portal as good as or better than Swider who would have jumped at the chance to be a volume shooter at the 3 for the Orange. Passed on them, that should tell you something.
What our use of the portal tells me is that we have a lazy Head coach. Nothing more. We weren't willing to do the work to get those guys. Not that there were many.

You think JB knew what he was getting with Chris Bell coming in? He didn’t even know Chris didn’t rebound in HS until a few weeks into the season lol. JB didn’t bring ask Cole to come back or go after transfers because he was settling. Chris was just the best floor spacing option out of the remaining forwards.

I’m not trying to hate on Chris Bell, I think he will be good in time. I’m just saying JB being lazy is the reason why he’s starting as a freshman.

Or JB wanted to roll with the 6 freshmen.

What our use of the portal tells me is that we have a lazy Head coach. Nothing more. We weren't willing to do the work to get those guys. Not that there were many.
That's very contemptuous of Jim and the entire coaching staff.

Or JB wanted to roll with the 6 freshmen.
Why? He suddenly doesn't like winning? Or losing to teams like Colgate and Bryant? Getting run off the floor by a team like Ill.? I have to think he thought some of these guys were a lot better than what they are.

Knew how to play and his fundamentals and footwork were highly advanced.
He showed up and played like an upperclassman, much like Pearl, DC and Carmelo. Chris Bell is firmly on the other side of the spectrum.

Last edited:
That's very contemptuous of Jim and the entire coaching staff.
Okay. It' s also true. And maybe if we had gone out and got a real P-5 forward, we wouldn't have lost to Colgate or Bryant.

Why? He suddenly doesn't like winning? Or losing to teams like Colgate and Bryant? Getting run off the floor by a team like Ill.? I have to think he thought some of these guys were a lot better than what they are.

I’ll stick with the same theory I proposed months ago. He went after a big class, many committed fairly early and long before our season was coming to an end. He may not have promised any starting spots or even X mins, but probably laid out opportunities. If he went to the portal and got someone better than what the recruits were, it could have cost us 1-2 of those freshman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom