Chris Bell | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
I think the Cornell game was Chris's coming out party. He really had a complete game. I can see why Boeheim has been leaning on him hard, he has a lot of skills. The more I think about it, the more he reminds me of..... Lawrence Moten.

He’s improving, but a Moten comparison is a bit of a jump.
True, but he has only played a third of a season. More of his personality, his demeanor he has that feel that Lawrence had, smooth and cerebral. When he hit that baseline jumper in the Cornell game, that's when I saw the similarities.

I think the Cornell game was Chris's coming out party. He really had a complete game. I can see why Boeheim has been leaning on him hard, he has a lot of skills. The more I think about it, the more he reminds me of... Lawrence Moten.
I’m seeing best case: Shumpert, Southerland, Nichols type guy. And that’s 3 of our best wing shooters ever, so that’s high hopes. But none of them had much of an off the dribble game, and I don’t see that from Bell either.

If he doesn’t develop like they all did, then Mookie Jones. (Mookie would’ve played and done a lot more here if he wasn’t here at one of our peaks. We just always had guys better than him at that time.)

I’m seeing best case: Shumpert, Southerland, Nichols type guy. And that’s 3 of our best wing shooters ever, so that’s high hopes. But none of them had much of an off the dribble game, and I don’t see that from Bell either.

If he doesn’t develop like they all did, then Mookie Jones. (Mookie would’ve played and done a lot more here if he wasn’t here at one of our peaks. We just always had guys better than him at that time.)
Moten averaged 18 PPG as a freshman.
He has engaged now, I'm staking my reputation on this, he is going to be an all-time Orange. Good lord, comparing him to Jones.

He has engaged now, I'm staking my reputation on this, he is going to be an all-time Orange. Good lord, comparing him to Jones.
He’s closer to Jones than Moten at this point.

Good Lord at ignoring that I mentioned Shumpert, Nichols, and Southerland.

Regardless, not sure he’ll ever quite be a Dana Dingle or a Donta Bright.

Last edited:
He’s closer to Jones than Moten at this point.

Good Lord at ignoring that I mentioned Shumpert, Nichols, and Southerland.

Regardless, not sure he’ll ever quite be a Dana Dingle or a Dante Bright.
DW, I'm just saying that he played a nice game the other night, by far his best of the season. And certainly not all he is capable of. The guys you mentioned were all great players, but if you hear Bell talk, well, he reminds me of Moten.

DW, I'm just saying that he played a nice game the other night, by far his best of the season. And certainly not all he is capable of. The guys you mentioned were all great players, but if you hear Bell talk, well, he reminds me of Moten.
He played a very solid game - I voted him one of our 3 “MVPs” in that MVP thread, for that game.

I’ll take 13 and 5 all day.

Just on offense at this point… he’s strictly a jump shooter. He’s a catch and shoot guy or a 1, maybe 2 dribble and pullup guy. Has shown a little bit getting in transition and finishing - not great but he’s done it a few times at least.

I don’t see him cutting at the right time and catching and finishing, getting offensive boards and putting them back in, driving baseline and hanging in the air and finishing through contact at the rim, etc….stuff Moten did day 1.

And that’s fine that he’s not that advanced - Moten is probably a top 5 freshman season Orangeman of all time. I just don’t really see the comparison.

He might be coming on though - I think he’s definitely much improved from a month ago.

What is your reputation exactly?

In all seriousness, let’s see him score 18 points in a game before we bring out the anointing oil.

I do agree that it’s becoming more clear why JB identified him as the starting 3 for this team. There are a lot of people on this board who haven’t made the connection between JB’s alleged faults and how they can serve as motivation for players to improve.

Is he a poet and we didn’t know it?

Easy there Jester, you need to have at least one chip before you can go all in.

I think the Cornell game was Chris's coming out party. He really had a complete game. I can see why Boeheim has been leaning on him hard, he has a lot of skills. The more I think about it, the more he reminds me of... Lawrence Moten.
Moten? I’d like to see bell spend more time closer to basket which is where Moten excelled.

I have played against Mookie and other D1 players multiple times. Mookie wasn’t that great. He could shoot and that’s all.
Chris is a unique payer. Nichols is a pretty fair comparison. I think Chris might be a little more athletic than D. Nic

18 ppg…and 6 rebounds.

Lawrence was very savvy and basically played like a senior when he was a freshman.

I would wager that out of, what, 5,000 players on Division I rosters in 2022, you could count on one hand the number who have the basketball savvy that Lawrence Moten had as a 19-year-old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom