chris mcculough is orange! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

chris mcculough is orange!

Dare I say, he's Anthony Davis at the end of his Freshman year at KY and he's only a junior in high school?

Watching a few videos of McCullough he definetly seems like he could play the 2 or 3. It would be very interesting to see someone that tall play at the top of the zone
He's a combo forward right now who will be more suited to play the 3 if he can continue to work on his perimeter game.

I understand SU's pretty full for 2013, but holy he is ready to play right now.

As soon as I started to think he needs to work on his left hand, he makes a tough left-handed shot. Reminded me of Hak, when he left (insert HS highlight video caveat here.)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

For those who want McCullough this year, remember he is a one and done. Since we'll only have him for one year, might as well give him a year to optimize his game before he arrives on the hill. He'll be that much better in 2 seasons.

Am I the only one thinking McCullough at center?

With Dakari Johnson reclassifying to '13 we will probably have a hole at center in '14.

Sure McCullough might give up an extra point or two on D (although I'm not sure about that, and I certainly doubt a line up of say Grant, Roberson, and McCullough would have any rebounding problems) but imagine the mismatch on O with a center trying to guard him out on the perimeter.

Am I the only one thinking McCullough at center?

With Dakari Johnson reclassifying to '13 we will probably have a hole at center in '14.

Sure McCullough might give up an extra point or two on D (although I'm not sure about that, and I certainly doubt a line up of say Grant, Roberson, and McCullough would have any rebounding problems) but imagine the mismatch on O with a center trying to guard him out on the perimeter.

Yes lol! you are the only one. He is tall enough though. I think we will be sizing up meaning a line-up with one guard 3 forwards and a center but not McCullough you need someone who likes to bang to be a center his coach basically called him soft so I don't think it is him.

With his physique and skill set, McCullough is not coming to SU to be a center. His talents on the wing would be totally wasted if he played in a congested foul line area.

I don't think SU would want to throw him underneath knowing how easily a Frosh could foul out down there.

By the time he gets here is is going to be a very tall SF that can rebound. Of course, in the zone, there is no distinction between the forward spots. And in this offense, two combo forwards or small forwards can co-exist as long as they can rebound, and I don't think that will be a problem. Potentially, if DCII leaves, we could have Christmas or Dakari in the middle flanked by two of Jerami Grant, Roberson and McCullough...maybe even BJ Johnson, if he is ready by then. All very tall, athletic and versatile forwards.

By the time he gets here is is going to be a very tall SF that can rebound. Of course, in the zone, there is no distinction between the forward spots. And in this offense, two combo forwards or small forwards can co-exist as long as they can rebound, and I don't think that will be a problem. Potentially, if DCII leaves, we could have Christmas or Dakari in the middle flanked by two of Jerami Grant, Roberson and McCullough...maybe even BJ Johnson, if he is ready by then. All very tall, athletic and versatile forwards.

Don't forget Obokoh

Don't forget Obokoh
I was thinking about him, but I don't see him being a major contributor as a sophomore or possible redshirt freshman. I could certainly be wrong, ask my wife. I do think that he is going to be an excellent player for us and contribute alot at some point, just not sure if it will be before his junior year.

McCullough ha s alot of skill, definately looking forward to see him wearing orange!

From ESPN article recapping this past weekend's Hoop Mountain Prep Classic basketball tournament:

"Chris McCullough (Bronx, N.Y./Brewster Academy)
2014, PF, 6-9, 205
He continues to show why his athletic profile has him on a level all by himself. While he doesn’t yet have the ability to be his team’s primary playmaker, his overall impact on the game was unmatched. He’s an incredible transition athlete who is capable of changing ends as well as anyone in the country and has true explosion without breaking his stride. He continues to demonstrate his evolving perimeter skill set, and most importantly, show a solid motor."

Another recap of same tournament, but from Friarbasketball.com (Providence Hoops site):

"Chris McCullough from Brewster Academy is going to be scary good. Ten years from now if he keeps developing he may wind up being a better pro than both Andre Drummond and Nerlens Noel. Syracuse has a real gem in this 2014 power forward."

http://friarbasketball.com/2012/12/...ive-from-barrington-ri-hoops-mountain-roundup

Pretty exciting stuff to read. Looks like Cuse got a real gem in McCullough.

could end up #1 in 2014

From ESPN article recapping this past weekend's Hoop Mountain Prep Classic basketball tournament:

"Chris McCullough (Bronx, N.Y./Brewster Academy)
2014, PF, 6-9, 205
He continues to show why his athletic profile has him on a level all by himself. While he doesn’t yet have the ability to be his team’s primary playmaker, his overall impact on the game was unmatched. He’s an incredible transition athlete who is capable of changing ends as well as anyone in the country and has true explosion without breaking his stride. He continues to demonstrate his evolving perimeter skill set, and most importantly, show a solid motor."

Another recap of same tournament, but from Friarbasketball.com (Providence Hoops site):

"Chris McCullough from Brewster Academy is going to be scary good. Ten years from now if he keeps developing he may wind up being a better pro than both Andre Drummond and Nerlens Noel. Syracuse has a real gem in this 2014 power forward."

http://friarbasketball.com/2012/12/...ive-from-barrington-ri-hoops-mountain-roundup

Pretty exciting stuff to read. Looks like Cuse got a real gem in McCullough.
I heard Buss had his best game of the season this past Sunday in that event. He has had a slow start on his new prep team, but hopefully this past game will get him going.

could end up #1 in 2014

Will be 2014 and will certainly be one of the top players.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I heard Buss had his best game of the season this past Sunday in that event. He has had a slow start on his new prep team, but hopefully this past game will get him going.

whatd he do?

sweet.. hitting threes and all that jazz?
Yessir winning.gif hopefully we'll see some highlights on youtube soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom