Chubby | Syracusefan.com

Chubby

Chubb is good. He will affect Dungey a little; however, if the OC plans accordingly, they can neutralize his speed/power combo with a few roll outs to the opposite direction (which we all now Dungey does very well, whether passing or running) and a few screens to force Chubb to stay "home" because the LBs and DBs for NCState are not as impressive as they should be.

I expect a similar game plan as the LSU game plan, keep it close and wear them down, win with conditioning in the fourth (though, with NCState, this is more likely in the third).

I thought I’d see something else when I opened this thread.

Anyhoo, Chubb could not be blocked against FSU. He’s going to be a real problem next week.
Dungey will show him. Expect a big win next week. he will be Dungey's biotch!!!

Yeah - NC States secondary is not great

It will be nice to finally see Dungey play against them. They’ve seen the Zack attack the last two years.

Need to run it a little better or we’ll make that secondary look better than they are.

It will be nice to finally see Dungey play against them. They’ve seen the Zack attack the last two years.

Need to run it a little better or we’ll make that secondary look better than they are.

They are a prime candidate to look past us too. They have a Rutgers sized view of themselves.

I don't think NCState D-line will be any better than LSU's. Syracuse may be able to run more against them, especially with Dungey's passing abilities (or the Officer's, for that matter).

If I was the NCState DC, I would be looking at ways to create blitzes and the appearance of blitzes. Not sure they DBs can keep up with the Receivers but it would be a chance to slow down Dungey, otherwise, they can expect to have to get into a fast paced, passing game. Not Doeren's game.

Chubb is good. He will affect Dungey a little; however, if the OC plans accordingly, they can neutralize his speed/power combo with a few roll outs to the opposite direction (which we all now Dungey does very well, whether passing or running) and a few screens to force Chubb to stay "home" because the LBs and DBs for NCState are not as impressive as they should be.

I expect a similar game plan as the LSU game plan, keep it close and wear them down, win with conditioning in the fourth (though, with NCState, this is more likely in the third).
Correct. Arden Key of LSU was supposed to eat us alive. I don't recall hearing his name much.

This is Nick Chubb's brother, right?
Cousin along with his brother Brandon who played LB at Wake.

I caught most of this game. Chubb was penetrating at will & was in their QB's face all day. He tends to struggle with coverage so we may want to consider some rub routes to soften his edge rush.

Absolutely zero excuse for him spitting on FSU's logo. He's a leader & has to maintain his composure & keep a level head there. I understand him being pumped up but you just can't let that out on the field.....save that passion for the locker room with your teammates.

Last edited:
Big difference. Chubb crushed FSU's QB numerous times..

Dungey is a much better QB than FSU's Freshman QB who is not yet ready. I think he will be a good QB, but he is no Francois yet and does not compare with Dungey, Jackson or a healthy Francois.

We have to respect his ability, but game planning for him is not rocket science (cue SU2NASA, he can explain the difference between game planning for a very good DE and rocket science).

Cousin along with his brother Brandon who played LB at Wake.

I caught most of this game. Chubb was penetrating at will & was in their QB's face all day. He tends to struggle with coverage so we may want to consider some rub routes to soften his edge rush.

Absolutely zero excuse for him spitting on FSU's logo. He's a leader & has to maintain his composure & keep a level head there. I understand him being pumped up but you just can't let that out on the field...save that passion for the locker room with your teammates.
Exactly so a few chop blocks should be coming his way and screw the penalty yards too. We need to send a very strong message to players who show unsportsmanship on and any field.

I think Chubb will be getting a healthy dose of "Tank" Elmore supporting blocking schemes next week. You don't stop a rusher like that completely but you can make him handle another guy and slow him down...go Cuse!

I think Chubb will be getting a healthy dose of "L-Train" Elmore supporting blocking schemes next week. You don't stop a rusher like that completely but you can make him handle another guy and slow him down...go Cuse!
FIFY

game plan first play, have dungey throw a pick to him and then spin his head around with a horrific facemask.

That is an effective suggestion but beating them the old fashioned way of putting more points on the board is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom