Cj should have a field day on saturday | Syracusefan.com

Cj should have a field day on saturday

Marsh01

Living Legend
Who is going to guard him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully. He's gotta be able to finish. Robinson III is athletic and long enough to give him problems, even though he's not a great defender.

Hopefully. He's gotta be able to finish. Robinson III is athletic and long enough to give him problems, even though he's not a great defender.
i just watched yugette burn him a few times... and that dude sucks.

I don't think it's a given but he will have to finish like Jasoncuse says. Robinson III is good enough to at least be a deterrent. He's better and more athletic than Watford.

yeah, he or Haradway will probably be the ones guarding CJ when Mich is in m2m

Michael and Brandon's eyes will light up when they see their paths to the tin open up with the option to kick it out for a mid range from CJ or a hell-fire rain of 3's from James!

Michael and Brandon's eyes will light up when they see their paths to the tin open up with the option to kick it out for a mid range from CJ or a hell-fire rain of 3's from James!

CJ's jumper has been off since the 2nd half of the Cal game. Hopefully, he finds his range next weekend.

Who has covered him all year? The only time he's had bad games is when we had nothing else going and teams could double or triple team him.

Michigan should be farily easy to guard for us, no? They have 4 perimeter guys.

At 6-10, 6-6, 6-6, 6-6, 6-0, and basically playing 5 men they have a lot of problems come Saturday defending us. Their shooter just shot lights out this game and ours hasn't yet. Florida playing some zone will give them a false sense of security, and their coach wasn't that great against the zone when he played against it every year.

At 6-10, 6-6, 6-6, 6-6, 6-0, and basically playing 5 men they have a lot of problems come Saturday defending us. Their shooter just shot lights out this game and ours hasn't yet. Florida playing some zone will give them a false sense of security, and their coach wasn't that great against the zone when he played against it every year.
Sounds like most of the games we played against WVU :)

I don't think it's a given but he will have to finish like Jasoncuse says. Robinson III is good enough to at least be a deterrent. He's better and more athletic than Watford.
But he is physically smaller than Watford, I don't think it's a good matchup for them. He isn't better either, not at this point.

I don't think he is better or more athletic than Watford. I've seen Watford play some real good games. We also can't assume they are not as good as Indiana and we beat Indiana. I think IU played a terrible game against us. They couldn't shoot and Zeller was a stiff. This game will be more high scoring than our last two. But I also think we are going to score more than we have. michigan's defense has been suspect all year. As long as we don't let that pack it in and we can't make a shot, we should score with some ease. Should be entertaining.

I don't think he is better or more athletic than Watford. I've seen Watford play some real good games. We also can't assume they are not as good as Indiana and we beat Indiana. I think IU played a terrible game against us. They couldn't shoot and Zeller was a stiff. This game will be more high scoring than our last two. But I also think we are going to score more than we have. michigan's defense has been suspect all year. As long as we don't let that pack it in and we can't make a shot, we should score with some ease. Should be entertaining.

Michigan doesn't rebound well or get many steals or blocks. I'm curious to see if we can dominate inside.

Michigan doesn't rebound well or get many steals or blocks. I'm curious to see if we can dominate inside.
McGary looked pretty good yesterday. As long as we hold our own. the matchup we have to exploit are our forwards.

McGary looked pretty good yesterday. As long as we hold our own. the matchup we have to exploit are our forwards.
I only saw most of the first half of their game with Kansas, the part where Kansas was dominating, and the obvious reason was zero interior defense. I lost count of the uncontested layups McLemore had. There was no one within 10 feet of the basket after he beat his man. As good as McGary is on the offensive end, he can't even bring himself to stand in the way on D.

Who is going to guard him?

Nobody in particular - Beilein is going to throw his 1-3-1 at us the entire game and we are going to see a final score reminiscent of the 1940s

Nobody in particular - Beilein is going to throw his 1-3-1 at us the entire game and we are going to see a final score reminiscent of the 1940s
If that's the case then we win in a blow out by 2 baskets.

I'll backtrack from the being better part. Wrong on my part. He isn't better yet. However, Watford isn't as athletic as Robinson III. Not debatebale, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom