Clapping before first made basket? | Syracusefan.com

Clapping before first made basket?

do you like the clapping tradition?

• Total voters
Keep it. We have such few traditions anyways.

Besides, it's a student tradition that's been handed down since the Manley Days.

The last thing we need are non-alumni interfering with student affairs. Just another reason to kill student interest.

Also , I loved Hop playing are bench and sharing the ball ! 9 deep and the CUSE will win . Clap People , I mean Scream out loud !!!!!

Last edited:
I don't mind it, but it just looks so pathetic at(most) times. It looks like people are doing it with all the joy of standing in line at the DMV. Once the first bucket goes down, there's a huge sigh of relief as everyone sits down.

I like it. It's the only tradition I get to explain to newbies when I take them to their first game. That, and "prepare to chant LGO alot" My only beef is, it's hard to drink a beer while clapping.

People want to drop this tradition for new ones, but lost their minds when someone did a "Lets Go" "SU" chant in the Bahamas, which went over very well for everyone in the arena.

I don't feel one way or the other about it. I'd like the cheerleaders to stop that ridiculous chant they try to do during at least one time out each game. The one where they try to get each side of the Dome to chant something. It sucks and nobody participates.

Brooky03 said:
I don't feel one way or the other about it. I'd like the cheerleaders to stop that ridiculous chant they try to do during at least one time out each game. The one where they try to get each side of the Dome to chant something. It sucks and nobody participates.

Jeez, the fans love it a football games ;)

Mr. Excitement and constant talking bothers me way more. Tell him to stop trying to be a PBP announcer and PA guy. Just announces the scorers name. He tries to make himself part of the show I loved when JB destroyed him after the ND game a couple of year ago.
I wish we could get a new PA announcer. The clapping thing is fine and gives the time energy to start the halfs.

Mr. Excitement and constant talking bothers me way more. Tell him to stop trying to be a PBP announcer and PA guy. Just announces the scorers name. He tries to make himself part of the show I loved when JB destroyed him after the ND game a couple of year ago.
I wish we could get a new PA announcer. The clapping thing is fine and gives the time energy to start the halfs.

Everybody complains about this guy. Am I seriously the only one who doesn't even notice him during the games?

I don't mind it, but it just looks so pathetic at(most) times. It looks like people are doing it with all the joy of standing in line at the DMV. Once the first bucket goes down, there's a huge sigh of relief as everyone sits down.

Yeah, I'd rather keep the tradition, but it's not working very well right now.

Full disclosure: I rarely clap anymore. There's something about Mr. Excitement's half-opening gleeful yammering that drains the enthusiasm out of me.

Yeah, I'd rather keep the tradition, but it's not working very well right now.

Full disclosure: I rarely clap anymore. There's something about Mr. Excitement's half-opening gleeful yammering that drains the enthusiasm out of me.
Mr. Excitement kills me every time I attend a game live. I go 2-3 times a year but talks WAY TOO MUCH. Just call the scores this isn't radio we don't need the score announced after every score and when somebody makes a free throw you don't say 1-2 Fts by the shooter.

I loved when he announced Cooney's career high in 3's and JB wanted to smack him. The guy TALKS like he is doing PBP.

If UConn and Pitt steal your traditions to make them their own, then they must be good enough to keep. :noidea:

It's one of the few things that distinguishes us as a fanbase. Why would we want to get rid of something that makes us stand out?

Some reasons to get rid of it:
-kind of corny
-some people cant keep the rhythm, i feel the clap has sped up over the years
-i think it can add anxiety to the team when were having trouble scoring
-im not sure what the value add is
-some people act like they just climbed everest after the first shot goes in. Are some of you poor saps that out of shape
-the beer in hand excuse mentioned above is a good one. Add naco eatings to the list

Keep it. We have such few traditions anyways.

Besides, it's a student tradition that's been handed down since the Manley Days.

The last thing we need are non-alumni interfering with student affairs. Just another reason to kill student interest.

Hey, im an alumnus. 07

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom