Clemson Opens -7.5 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Opens -7.5

Anyone know why Greenwood gets put in still? Fine, high motor kid but we’re going to have a lot of trouble vs Clemson etc if he’s back there.

Cinco, Simmons and Barron have been absolute studs

I think we have a good chance to limit Clemson to playing between the tackles and trying their luck in a ground and pound. We’re deep in the middle. I like how we match up.

Anyone know why Greenwood gets put in still? Fine, high motor kid but we’re going to have a lot of trouble vs Clemson etc if he’s back there.

Cinco, Simmons and Barron have been absolute studs

I think we have a good chance to limit Clemson to playing between the tackles and trying their luck in a ground and pound. We’re deep in the middle. I like how we match up.
Greenwood is going to get pummeled by Clemson backs.

I really doubt the lines makers are taking into account historical reputations. Clemson looks like a team that finally woke up against FSU and we look like a team that was down at halftime against a team we had no business being down at halftime against. It is what it is.
Setting the line is an educated guess where they take everything into account, including historical performance between the teams. The only goal for those setting the line is to have an equal number of bettors on either side of it. If that happens, the "house" makes a cool 10% as a $110 bet brings in 100, and the loser drops $110. The line only moves because there's too much money on one side. Not about respect unless you count all the bettors who give us little to none based on recent experience.

I really doubt the lines makers are taking into account historical reputations. Clemson looks like a team that finally woke up against FSU and we look like a team that was down at halftime against a team we had no business being down at halftime against. It is what it is.
Impasse , just respectfully disagree.

Setting the line is an educated guess where they take everything into account, including historical performance between the teams. The only goal for those setting the line is to have an equal number of bettors on either side of it. If that happens, the "house" makes a cool 10% as a $110 bet brings in 100, and the loser drops $110. The line only moves because there's too much money on one side. Not about respect unless you count all the bettors who give us little to none based on recent experience.
and some lines are -115 at times for even more profit.

Clemson is starting to wrack up a lot of losses where they outplayed the winning team. Tennessee, South Carolina, Duke, and now FSU. At some point we have to stop giving them credit for their losses.
I see Clemson similar this year to some of those McNabb teams where they’re very talented and can beat anyone on any given day, but still drop a few games.

I see Clemson similar this year to some of those McNabb teams where they’re very talented and can beat anyone on any given day, but still drop a few games.
And those McNabb teams lost to teams like our current teams.

My last Dome trip began with a pick 6 on the first play. So as long I have some hope for more than 8 seconds I'll be happy.

No one is giving us credit for Purdue which kind of makes sense their road win vs VT doesn’t look great. People probably think we can’t win unless our QB runs for a few touchdowns.

I can’t see Clemson hanging a ton of points on us 7 points is a lot at home would be free money if it were a night game.

I watched the replay last night of FSU and Clemson. Clemson is still bigger, stronger and much faster than SU. It will be a very difficult team to beat. I do think SU is better coached on both sides of the ball. I’m not sure if that’s enough to get a win,

I watched the replay last night of FSU and Clemson. Clemson is still bigger, stronger and much faster than SU. It will be a very difficult team to beat. I do think SU is better coached on both sides of the ball. I’m not sure if that’s enough to get a win,
That’s been true each of the past 5 years and many of those they had much better coaches than us too (though I think that’s flipped now as you say) and yet we beat them once and lost 2 at the buzzer, plus the Covid year.

It’s not track and field, it’s football, gotta translate that athleticism to production!

I remember in the off season hearing about how our players have this game circled. We play mistake free and keep it real loud I think we have more than a punchers chance.

interesting spread looks like most the computer models think it should be much lower. vegas insider says 96% of the money is on SU on the spread, but hard to gauge how reliable that info actually is

I remember in the off season hearing about how our players have this game circled. We play mistake free and keep it real loud I think we have more than a punchers chance.
In preseason Shrader said they’d beat Clemson this year. Whether that was smart to put out bulletin board material (if Clemson is aware of that clip) is tbd

In preseason Shrader said they’d beat Clemson this year. Whether that was smart to put out bulletin board material (if Clemson is aware of that clip) is tbd
He told me during the 2022 Spring Game that “oh we’re gonna be good this year”.. we then went 6-0. If he says he’s feeling something I think there’s something to it.

With OG, I would really believe we had a puncher's chance, because our guy is better than any of their guys.
Now I am wondering about the psychology Clemson comes in with. Even the pros can't get up for every game, Lombardi using tactics that probably wouldn't work in this era, would push his team down psychologically at times, and build them up at other times.
Clemson had to be psychologically up bigly for FSU. It was their must win game to keep their playoff hopes alive.They played well too, but lost. Now they have to go on the road. Are they going to be determined to rebuild their reputation, or a little flat for an on the road nooner, when it just doesn't seem as important any more? That's our chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom