Clemson Opens -7.5 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Opens -7.5

Our corners and safeties are going to have to step their game up this week. I have a feeling to stop the run we're going to be putting them in a lot of one on one situations. We're going to need great coverage, open field tackles, and to not let anything get behind us.

I'd be okay if we give up some short routes over the middle and play a little bend but don't break defense. Then hold Clemson to FGs when they get close to the Red zone.
Our coverages is ranked #3 and our tackling is ranked #1 so I think those 4/5 will give rocky the ability to fully unleash the front 6/7

Our coverages is ranked #3 and our tackling is ranked #1 so I think those 4/5 will give rocky the ability to fully unleash the front 6/7
I probably shouldn't have used the term "step up their game." I know they have been playing great through the first 4 games. However, the level of WR competition they are going to go up against this week is going to be some of the best they'll see all year.

I hit my max on +7 on both locals why not?

No Lockett, Thompson last year. McDonald was on one leg at that time, don’t know if he played. Dalton was dinged. Ingraham has been added. LB 2nd unit hadn’t played much to that point. EFC, Jacquez, Jobbity a year older.

SU can roll out two lines, and rotate LB’s to keep guys fresh.

Defense is 100% as far as we know. That was not the case against ND last year.

And the offense couldn’t stay on the field

And not dealing with hot baking sun.

Me too. After the 2017 game he walked over to our locker room and congratulated Dino and the team. That was very cool.
Time to get fried for this take like I do every year:

It was corny and took the moment away from our guys. Just another reason for people to talk about how great and classy Dabo is. Instead of letting Syracuse have the moment he found a way to make it about himself and Clemson. Stay in your own locker room.

Clemson fans were beyond nice to me and my mother in Death Valley last fall, nothing negative to say about them, but Dabo can eat a bag hot dogs and I would be thrilled if they never won another football game.

I really like Dabo. Down to earth, honest guy which is unusual for a football coach.
Dabo seems like a genuine, sincere, and overall good guy and the Clemson fans for the most part seem like good people that are proud of their program. My interactions with Clemson people have all been positive unlike some other programs.

On another note, with so much chatter right now on Clemson leaving “soon” to what seems to be likely the SEC, is this a distraction to the team like it is their fan base? If so, it only helps our chances for a win.

Go ’Cuse

Army OLine controlled the line of scrimmage. If we stack the box to stop the run, Clemson can beat us through the air. Army could not.

Army OLine controlled the line of scrimmage. If we stack the box to stop the run, Clemson can beat us through the air. Army could not.
army controlled it for one series and part of a 2nd the other like 7-8 drives were 3 and out but the blown pass coverage play. he we stopped them on 4th they first drive ends we probably go ahead and it might have been a different game

Clemson will be tough because they are even more physical up front.

Week 5 Picks ATS
CFBTalkDaily is in 1st with a 44-25 record this season
https://twitter.com/NCAAFNation247/status/1707070926045556862/photo/1

F7C78wyWMAA8omp

It was corny and took the moment away from our guys. Just another reason for people to talk about how great and classy Dabo is. Instead of letting Syracuse have the moment he found a way to make it about himself and Clemson. Stay in your own locker room.

Clemson fans were beyond nice to me and my mother in Death Valley last fall, nothing negative to say about them, but Dabo can eat a bag hot dogs and I would be thrilled if they never won another football game.
“Eat a bag of hot dogs”??? I don’t know how to even respond to that. I mean, if they’re Hoffman that is a pretty awesome thing.

Oh I disagree. It takes class to do that. It took nothing away from us.

Can’t stand him. A lot of Coach K toward the end for me.

The locker room thing, his comments about paying players, the NIL God thing, and more just ooze cornball

If we’re ever going to get them again this is the year. Klubnik isn’t near the level of Watson and Lawrence. We have played them close 3 times and twice we would have won if not for southern officials. One self-inflicted last year with Cundiff and in 2019 with the illegal man down field when Hackett made a king catch for the 1st down deep into Clemson territory. Even in 2021 we missed a FG to send the game to OT.
This is finally the team to get them. They are pretty bland offensively and we have Rocky Long and the defense showing up in the big way. This the game where having Wohlabaugh, OG, Jones would be huge, but the WR’s have stepped up. i think Moose needed last game for confidence and to prove he could be that go to WR. Shrader is a gamer and i have every confidence in Beck. Listening to the MOB podcast it sounds like the guys had this game circled and want it bad. We’re going to need Denaburg to make some field goals but i will say 23-21 or possible 24-21.

you win this then you’re playing with house money going into FSU. You want to go 1-2 in this stretch and the confidence built from a W vs Clemson gets us ranked and we have seen FSU faulter. They can’t seem to run the ball and i will take my chances with them passing against us. The same with UNC although Maye is an absolute stud. The thing there is we can score with them and it’s a day game. Win Clemson and split 1-1 vs FSU/UNC and we have a legit shot at the Orange bowl or at least the conference final which would be a major achievement.

But one game at a time and it all starts Saturday. We have to win and I really think this is the year we take care of business.

Last edited:
If we’re ever going to get them again this is the year. Klubnik isn’t near the level of Watson and Lawrence. We have played them close 3 times and twice we would have won if not for southern officials. One self-inflicted last year with Cundiff and in 2019 with the illegal man down field when Hackett made a king catch for the 1st down deep into Clemson territory. Even in 2021 we missed a FG to send the game to OT.
This is finally the team to get them. They are pretty bland offensively and i have Rocky Long and the defense showing up in the big way. This the game where having Wohlabaugh, OG, Jones would be huge, but the WR’s have stepped up. i think Moose needed last game for confidence and to prove he could be that go to WR. Shrader is a gamer and i have ever confidence in Beck. Listening to the MON podcast it sounds like the guys had this game circled and want it bad. We’re going to need Denaburg to make some field goals but i will say 23-21 or possible 24-21.

you win this then you’re playing with house money going into FSU. You want to go 1-2 in this stretch and the confidence built from a W vs Clemson gets us ranked and we have seen FSU faulter. They can’t seem to run the ball and i will take my chances with them passing against us. The same with UNC although Maye is an absolute stud. The thing there is we can score with them and it’s a day game. Win Clemson and split 1-1 vs FSU/UNC and we have a legit shot at the Orange bowl or at least the conference final which would be a major achievement.

But one game at a time and it all starts Saturday. We have to win and I really think this is the year we take care of business.
This game and its outcome is going to be predicated on how well the Orange play and execute the gameplans laid out by the three coordinators.

If they execute at a high level, SU will win.
If we chase plays that aren't there, try to make splash plays/try to de-cleat every CU ball carrier/freelance/are too focused on sack dances/handshakes, ... then we will lose.

Sounds silly, but this game is all on SU.
Clemson just happens to be the opponent in the Dome this week.

I’m calling it right now, we win and by over a touchdown.

This is not delusion of grandeur; I know how good Clemson is and quite frankly, they were a couple plays away from being 4-0 including Duke and FSU in that. In fact, I’m not sure we can even really run the ball against them conventionally.

But I do think we win with our air attack and Shrader extending plays.

I’m calling it right now, we win and by over a touchdown.

This is not delusion of grandeur; I know how good Clemson is and quite frankly, they were a couple plays away from being 4-0 including Duke and FSU in that. In fact, I’m not sure we can even really run the ball against them conventionally.

But I do think we win with our air attack and Shrader extending plays.
Also, their FG kicker is a choke artist. Need him to keep,it up. I expect Clemson to go for it on 4th down in our territory within FG range

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom