Coach, I'm Here To Say You Did The Right Thing | Syracusefan.com

Coach, I'm Here To Say You Did The Right Thing

Shenexon

All American
After reading the Babers' interview with Carlson, coach Babers made a good point we should acknowledge. There was a point in October when there was a lot of discussion and opinion about what to do with our QB situation. Eric was struggling at times and Devito performed well at times, including winning a game for us. Babers addressed the situation with a QB competition and a crucial decision. He made a gut call and it should be acknowledged that his call yielded superb results. While it could be argued that the coach had no bad option, he handled it well...we've won 9 games and will be competitive for a 10th win. Kudos to you coach. You made a lot of right decisions and we know it, cheer it, and honor it.

Coach Babers' comment from the interview:

"I made a call based off instinct. It could have been the wrong call. There would probably be 100 people on the internet, if it didn’t work out, reminding me that it was the wrong call. Now, since it was the right call, they won’t remind me on the internet it was the right call. They’ll just let that go."​

You’re right, we didn’t make threads about it being the right call. We stocked it in the ammo pile that fueled the pay dino movements and daily threads on here for extensions.

Was a good call.

The season perhaps turned on that decision. We went 4-1 after that, soon to be 5-1...

So no consideration that it could have gone well with either guy? If it was a close call and we went 5-1 it tells me we have two very good qbs

After reading the Babers' interview with Carlson, coach Babers made a good point we should acknowledge. There was a point in October when there was a lot of discussion and opinion about what to do with our QB situation. Eric was struggling at times and Devito performed well at times, including winning a game for us. Babers addressed the situation with a QB competition and a crucial decision. He made a gut call and it should be acknowledged that his call yielded superb results. While it could be argued that the coach had no bad option, he handled it well...we've won 9 games and will be competitive for a 10th win. Kudos to you coach. You made a lot of right decisions and we know it, cheer it, and honor it.

Coach Babers' comment from the interview:

"I made a call based off instinct. It could have been the wrong call. There would probably be 100 people on the internet, if it didn’t work out, reminding me that it was the wrong call. Now, since it was the right call, they won’t remind me on the internet it was the right call. They’ll just let that go."​
everyone felt good about it at the time because it was clear dungey was not himself. the call that people thought was strange was switching to devito against wmu and staying with him so long.

So no consideration that it could have gone well with either guy? If it was a close call and we went 5-1 it tells me we have two very good qbs

I guess reading is tough in the morning lol

Man that freaking no call on forward progress against Pitt and fourth down against Clemson. Two very reasonable 50-50 plays from Cuse being 11-1. It's been a wonderful season and more good things are on the horizon.

Man that freaking no call on forward progress against Pitt and fourth down against Clemson. Two very reasonable 50-50 plays from Cuse being 11-1. It's been a wonderful season and more good things are on the horizon.
the only thing that makes me feel better is UNC somehow losing a game they had no business losing

I love Babers but being worried about what people think on the internet is silly. Good thing he’ll be at SU for awhile and not somewhere in the SEC

I love Babers but being worried about what people think on the internet is silly. Good thing he’ll be at SU for awhile and not somewhere in the SEC
No need to be in the SEC. The ACC has plenty of stupid folks on twitter. The Malik Rosier firestorm last night was horrible.

As much as I have loved this season, that forward progress call STILL irks me. Dungey was being driven back for like five seconds before the ball was stripped!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom