Coach Justin Lustig to Vandy

OttoinGrotto

Run clowns in Archbold
I thought there was a guy Gilbert always had by his side, maybe this opens a spot for that guy?

cusefan88

All Conference
Hopefully they find a good coach that can recruit in a good footprint (South Florida, DMV etc)

PAcuse

All American
LePak or Gettis on staff already might be a solid fit.
Not sure what is out in the open market.
Lustig is a huge void to fill so I really hope however comes in hits the ground running.

orangepassion

All American
Lustig is a huge void to fill so I really hope however comes in hits the ground running.
We have to look at every opening as an opportunity to get better. If we can't get a good ST guru, get the best recruiter out there.

PAcuse

All American
We have to look at every opening as an opportunity to get better. If we can't get a good ST guru, get the best recruiter out there.
Well of course we do that's why I said I'm not sure what is really out on the open market right now.
I would expect this won't be filled quickly.

FloridaFan

2020 Cali Winner- Passing Yards through 5
We aren’t going to find someone better to replace him imo. This is a massive loss in ST quality tbh

PhatOrange

Living Legend

Joe Cox wide receiver coach from South Carolina is available, not retained. young kid from North Carolina played quarterback at Georgia. tends to be considered a rising star

SUskibum

Starter
I know Lustig is really well respected as a ST coach but perhaps we weren’t getting enough out of WR and Recruiting to justify keeping increasing his price tag?

I find it hard to believe Vandy made an offer we couldnt match when we have shown the willingness and ability to bump everyone’s comp plus the 9 figures we are pumping into the program.

I have a hunch this has more to do with Sterling needing something else on offense

Also, maybe Lustig wants to become an OC as his next step and since he was just passed over (like Standard last year) he felt his upward mobility here was limited.

Anyways, lots of theories but I just doubt we wouldn't match Vandy if that is all it took

money3189

All American
Lustig is a tough loss. Specs has consistently been our best unit. I’m not worried about finding another Wr coach but replacing his impact on special teams will be hard to do. I wish him all the best. Really good guy. Coaching in the SEC is going to open the door for other opportunities. He deserves it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom