Coach K greatest of all time??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K greatest of all time???

Still shocked refs got call right in OT. Ball was clearly off Duke. Also, Azuibuike(wrong spelling) was fouled on alley oop should been and 1. Then he fouled out(no foul) on Allen. Grayson hit those 2 freebies then next time down was actually fouled and hit 2 more. Impressive game from the jayhawks. I feel we would have beaten them and it is hard to watch. Mr. Boeheim is better coach then both of those guys. Best coaches that I have seen in college are our coach as well as uconn guy was great, Dean Smith, Brad Stevens, and I am sure missing some other coaches. Would and never would have traded Syracuse coach for anything.

I agree about Bagley and said it early in this game. Azibuike didn’t even play that much being winded and in foul trouble most of the game. Looking at the box score Kansas’ Azibuike only played 19 minutes while Bagley played 44.

Still shocked refs got call right in OT. Ball was clearly off Duke. Also, Azuibuike(wrong spelling) was fouled on alley oop should been and 1. Then he fouled out(no foul) on Allen. Grayson hit those 2 freebies then next time down was actually fouled and hit 2 more. Impressive game from the jayhawks. I feel we would have beaten them and it is hard to watch. Mr. Boeheim is better coach then both of those guys. Best coaches that I have seen in college are our coach as well as uconn guy was great, Dean Smith, Brad Stevens, and I am sure missing some other coaches. Would and never would have traded Syracuse coach for anything.
The 5th on Azabuke was a clear foul. He brought his arms down and bumped the guy. He and Self didn’t even argue it

The 5th on Azabuke was a clear foul. He brought his arms down and bumped the guy. He and Self didn’t even argue it
It still seemed somewhat unfair because on that alley op from #10 great pass he was hit twice on arm and elbow. Regardless, happy to see the last 11 mikes and OT. From what I saw it was a fair game.

He gets lottery pick after lottery pick, the best players in the country every year and still underperforms. Hes a good coach but definitely not the greatest. Facts!
Let’s focus on the present for a moment. Coach K looks, sounds, and acts older than JB. I don’t think he’s all there and Capel might even be the real head coach right now.

Don’t be surprised if and when Coach K retires first.

He gets lottery pick after lottery pick, the best players in the country every year and still underperforms. Hes a good coach but definitely not the greatest. Facts!
K is getting killed for allowing Allen to chuck shots and siting in that zone while Newman was raining 3s.

Sound familiar?

Their whole starting 5 is expected to get drafted in the first round depending at what site you look at and 2 are lottery picks. How do you lose ??? They had more talent than Kansas . They got out coached and out played!

Maybe I'm the only one but I count recuiting as part of coaching.
Thats a whole another can of worms. You don’t get the number 1,2,3 players in the country without some kind of advantage/ cheating going on. You can’t convince me otherwise.

He should win almost every year with all the talent he gets. There’s no debate. Hes stacked with the best players in the country every year .

Because he is granted that kind of class?

On a site full of weird threads this is one of the weirdest. Right, if JB recruited as well as K he’d win as many games. Except he doesn’t recruit as well as K. In recent years not even close.

Because he is granted that kind of class?

On a site full of weird threads this is one of the weirdest. Right, if JB recruited as well as K he’d win as many games. Except he doesn’t recruit as well as K. In recent years not even close.
We don’t cheat like K , weirdo.

He wasted their talent this year by letting Allen shoot so much. Almost cost them against us and tonight, it was a difference maker.

Maybe I'm the only one but I count recuiting as part of coaching.
Yeah, part. He’s one of the two best recruiters in the game, no question. That doesn’t mean he’s as great in other areas.

I realize that most of the participant's memories in this forum don't go back as far as 1975...and this guy had a lot help from one booster in particular, but it's hard to argue with what he accomplished.

Wikipedia

From 1948 to 1975, John Wooden, nicknamed the "Wizard of Westwood", served as UCLA's head coach. He won ten NCAAnational championships in a 12-year period, including a run of seven in a row that shattered the previous record of only two consecutive titles.[9][10] Within this period, his teams won a men's basketball-record 88 consecutive games.

I realize that most of the participant's memories in this forum don't go back as far as 1975...and this guy had a lot help from one booster in particular, but it's hard to argue with what he accomplished.

Wikipedia

From 1948 to 1975, John Wooden, nicknamed the "Wizard of Westwood", served as UCLA's head coach. He won ten NCAAnational championships in a 12-year period, including a run of seven in a row that shattered the previous record of only two consecutive titles.[9][10] Within this period, his teams won a men's basketball-record 88 consecutive games.
While he was a great coach, he was assured of the best players.

Wikipedia

Another cheater lol. All these “great” coaches cheated. It’s been going on forever. When there’s a lot of money to be made there will always be cheating.

Hahahahaha.

OK.

Didn't our coach get sanctions twice?

You can argue the seriousness of the infractions all you want (and I do), but the fact remains..

I wonder how frustrating it was to coach this year’s Duke team? They were pretty darn reluctant defenders and slow learners forcing Coach K to go to the zone well after the season started. They didn’t pass, screen, defend like most Duke teams.

Bagley showed visible frustration during the game and I wondered if he just gave up towards the end of OT. He took only 9 shots , just 1 in the beginning of OT, (that he made) while Allen, Trent and Duval all took at the least 4 more shots than he did. He and Duval, were the only players who shot over 50%. Too much Grayson Allen (1 for 3) during OT, too little Bagley and poor defense most of the game with Kansas’ Newman getting 13 of his 32 points in OT.

Is it me or has Grayson Allen’s game including his speed and athleticism deteriorated each year?

Didn't our coach get sanctions twice?

You can argue the seriousness of the infractions all you want (and I do), but the fact remains..

If K is cheating then he’s damn good at it and we should have tried harder to emulate it. Rather than the nonsense we got pinched for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom