Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

adelson seemed pretty sure today that Dino would jump to Lou since they have a history of being good before.
Louisville has a 20 year history of being good/relevant. Syracuse has a REAL complete history of relevance and a 14 year rough patch. Which is the better program? I think we know the answer to this. Adelson is both an idiot, and a lover of Louisville.

in the 20 yr history it also has a bunch of history of being bad. a nice run with jackson masking a ton of issues too

in the 20 yr history it also has a bunch of history of being bad. a nice run with jackson masking a ton of issues too
I have to disagree. They've only had 2 losing seasons since 1998 (under Kragthorpe, their G. Robinson) in 2008 and 2009 and missed a bowl in 2007 at 6-6. While they weren't 9-3 or 10-2 every year, they certainly weren't bad.

I have to disagree. They've only had 2 losing seasons since 1998 (under Kragthorpe, their G. Robinson) in 2008 and 2009 and missed a bowl in 2007 at 6-6. While they weren't 9-3 or 10-2 every year, they certainly weren't bad.
Yeah, and it was Petrino's recruiting the first time around that helped put them in that situation.

Yeah, and it was Petrino's recruiting the first time around that helped put them in that situation.
Apparently Kragthorpe (or, as their fans call him, Krapthorpe) took the, let's be nice and say, mediocre situation left him by Petrino and made it worse, bad in-game decisions, worse recruting than Petrino, etc. The comments on their board about that regime match up just about exactly with this board's comments on Robinson.

Point taken. Why is it the higher you go, the less you have to prove?
This is actually known as Otto's Maxim, which moqui helped me articulate years ago.

It states that responsibility increases as authority increases, until maximum authority is achieved, at which point there is no responsibility.

We had worded better than that back on the ex-gf board, but that was the general idea.

Apparently my searching skills suck. Does anyone have the link to one of the old threads during Coyle's search and hire of Dino? I remember a thread where one of the Bowling Green reporters was basically answering our questions or was announcing Dino coming here.

It's hell getting old, the guy's name was Larocque or something. I just remember being insanely happy with Dino getting the gig, and wanted to walk down memory lane in that thread where the future of the program turned.

Also, said thread should be pinned for all time. lol

This is actually known as Otto's Maxim, which moqui helped me articulate years ago.

It states that responsibility increases as authority increases, until maximum authority is achieved, at which point there is no responsibility.

We had worded better than that back on the ex-gf board, but that was the general idea.
Corollary to Murphy's Law...
In business, everyone rises to their own level of incompetence. (you keep moving up until you reach a level that you cannot handle, then you stop moving... unfortunately, most people do not move back to the highest level of competence.)

Apparently Kragthorpe (or, as their fans call him, Krapthorpe) took the, let's be nice and say, mediocre situation left him by Petrino and made it worse, bad in-game decisions, worse recruting than Petrino, etc. The comments on their board about that regime match up just about exactly with this board's comments on Robinson.
All I know is Kragthorpe was a very successful HC before Louisville. Just comes to show it's not an easy job.

Apparently my searching skills suck. Does anyone have the link to one of the old threads during Coyle's search and hire of Dino? I remember a thread where one of the Bowling Green reporters was basically answering our questions or was announcing Dino coming here.

It's hell getting old, the guy's name was Larocque or something. I just remember being insanely happy with Dino getting the gig, and wanted to walk down memory lane in that thread where the future of the program turned.

Also, said thread should be pinned for all time. lol
This one?

Bowling Green journalist on Babers

Some people have mentioned wanting him, but seriously that is as close to a lateral move as you can make. Colorado and Syracuse could almost be brothers in terms of football history and recent state. I do not see any reason why he would do it. Les Miles is the name coming up almost exclusively. Used to coach at CU and his daughter works for a doctor there. Big name for a few years and maybe have a coach in waiting on staff. We are by all measures trying to avoid the "hot G5 coach" this time.
He also was part of Bill McCartney’s staff.
Watching the 30 for 30 on him Miles recruited McCartneys grandson and son of that QB who passed away.
He would be a good hire for Colorado.

Louisville is going to get with Brohm or turn to Charlie Strong return.
Andrea Adelson is wrong so much I really don’t care what she says.

Louisville is going to get with Brohm or turn to Charlie Strong return.
Andrea Adelson is wrong so much I really don’t care what she says.
Does Louisville never learn about retreads?

If I had to hire an AAC coach for Louisville, I'd go with Luke Fickell.

We beat them in 07 and 08, so their G. Robinson is worse than ours.

The 07 win was an epic upset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom