Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

Louisville is going to get with Brohm or turn to Charlie Strong return.
Andrea Adelson is wrong so much I really don’t care what she says.

Think it will be CS, Brohm is very happy and secure @ purdue and not sure the Ville is a better job at this point.

Think it will be CS, Brohm is very happy and secure @ purdue and not sure the Ville is a better job at this point.

I think for Brohm it comes down to if Ville is his dream job. Similar to Scott Frost situation where he angled to get back to nebraska even if he could have landed better jobs (at this point).

Was strong a product of Bridgewater tho? I know he's doing well at USF, but he didnt do anything at Texas. Just saying.

Was strong a product of Bridgewater tho? I know he's doing well at USF, but he didnt do anything at Texas. Just saying.
He brought in Bridgewater. Part of being a god college coach is bringing in good talent. Think he would've eventually done well at Texas if given more time.

Like McIntyre, hope he wins out.

He is well liked here make no mistake. Incredible person and great for the players. Unfortunately it is not translating to the bottom line that matters. We all want him to succeed however a few things contribute to the downfall here.

- Loyalty to assistants that are not productive coaches. There are some where we are not even sure what they do. One was promoted to co-offensive coordinator even though his position he was coaching is the weakest group on the team.

- Too nice. Unfortunately a fault in this profession. Lacks the killer instinct winning coaches have. Completely takes the foot off the gas when up, and sadly that came back to bite him bad in the Oregon State game.

- Other factors have also played into this. He will go away from what works during the game. Instead of making the opponent stop it, he does. Also a lack of taking risks. The Washington game was there for the taking the entire game (as have all 5 losses). The difference was Washington went 3 of 3 on 4th down contributing to touchdowns, those decisions won the game for the Huskies. MacIntire will punt from the opponent's 36 on 4th and 1 instead of taking a shot. He uses a coach to not lose instead of a coach to win mentality.

This year for Syracuse is shaping up to be like 2016 for Colorado where 10-4 is a possibility. Now imagine if for the next 2 seasons Syracuse goes 5-7 including going 0-10 in games that would clinch a bowl game. That is what we are looking at right now. I do not think many people would be against seeking a new start for Babers and Syracuse.

Last edited:
He is well liked here make no mistake. Incredible person and great for the players. Unfortunately it is not translating to the bottom line that matters. We all want him to succeed however a few things contribute to the downfall here.

- Loyalty to assistants that are not productive coaches. There are some where we are not even sure what they do. One was promoted to co-offensive coordinator even though his position he was coaching is the weakest group on the team.

- Too nice. Unfortunately a fault in this profession. Lacks the killer instinct winning coaches have. Completely takes the foot off the gas when up, and sadly that came back to bite him bad in the Oregon State game.

- Other factors have also played into this. He will go away from what works during the game. Instead of making the opponent stop it, he does. Also a lack of taking risks. The Washington game was there for the taking the entire game (as have all 5 losses). The difference was Washington went 3 of 3 on 4th down contributing to touchdowns, those decisions won the game for the Huskies. MacIntire will punt from the opponent's 36 on 4th and 1 instead of taking a shot. He uses a coach to not lose instead of a coach to win mentality.

This year for Syracuse is shaping up to be like 2016 for Colorado where 10-4 is a possibility. Now imagine if for the next 2 seasons Syracuse goes 5-7 including going 0-10 in games that would clinch a bowl game. That is what we are looking at right now. I do not think many people would be against seeking a new start for Babers and Syracuse.
This is not a team full of seniors like Colorado had two years ago.

Don't forget the sexual assault issue with his staff member.

Domestic abuse and damage control at Colorado

One of the Louisville boards make it sound like Strong had an affair with the wife of a board member which led to a divorce. That board member would likely keep such a return from occurring.

This is not a team full of seniors like Colorado had two years ago.

Which is a huge reason that team did what it did. However no one has been on the roster the past two seasons to back that season up because of recruiting and development. Most of the recruiting battles have been against schools like UTEP and Nevada, not Power 5 teams. All of the top talent in the state (which is not much in terms of numbers) all leave for schools in the P5 that have offers. Meanwhile CU is touting their potential OL signee from AUSTRIA. We are in year 6 of MacIntire and still throwing Mountain West talent on the field. Throw in the factors I said with MacIntire earlier and you have **** stew brewing.

Our 2 best players, Shenault and Landman hardly saw the field last year because of the "upperclassmen should play, not the best players" approach, but made plays whenever they were in. If they started that team could have been at least 7-5.

He was not given nearly enough time at Texas imo.

I agree, but question is, did they see any signs of improvement or see the team trending up? I don't think they did. A loss to Kansas also probably sealed the deal.

I don't do the Twitter but some guy said Brohm will be announced as Louisville coach the Monday after Thanksgiving.

You make alot of good points, CB, yup, just cant put guys in positions bc you like them, they have to fit and be productive. I do see that the team plays their nuts off for him amd became a fan with his big underdog win this year, hasn't remember the team, had to be week 2 or 3? Your wr is wildly fun, smart, and seems like a great kid. Would love to see boulder good AGAIN!

You make alot of good points, CB, yup, just cant put guys in positions bc you like them, they have to fit and be productive. I do see that the team plays their nuts off for him amd became a fan with his big underdog win this year, hasn't remember the team, had to be week 2 or 3? Your wr is wildly fun, smart, and seems like a great kid. Would love to see boulder good AGAIN!

Ah that had to be the Nebraska game. This team does play their hearts out for him. I will definitely give his teams credit in that they have had fight in them. Teams under Hawkins and Embree just quit as soon as they fell behind. However there are times you can see that MacIntire has checked out and it affects the team to a degree.

Shenault is fun to watch and very humble. He got hurt in the USC game because he was getting the ball almost every play up until he got hurt. That was the key to that game, USC knew everything was going to go to him and focused on that. He then missed the next 3 games after that.

Les Miles negotiating his buyout would appear to me to be indicative of getting ready to move on a deal. I’d expect an announcement soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom