Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

There are no divisions in the B12. They play a true conference schedule. They play OU, UT, OSU, and WVU every year.
Used to follow Missouri when Pinkel was their coach before they jumped to the SEC.

Sorry bout that. Could have sworn they divisions. Did they, at one time, have divisions in the B12?

I think so before Mizzou, Nebraska, Colorado and A&M bolted but my memory isn't great so not positive.

Sorry bout that. Could have sworn they divisions. Did they, at one time, have divisions in the B12?
I think so before Mizzou, Nebraska, Colorado and A&M bolted but my memory isn't great so not positive.
MSOrange is correct. When those 4 bolted, the Big XII brought in TCU and WVU to replace them. Had to get the rule changed so they could have a championship game with only 10 teams rather than 12.

They did. OU & Nebraska in the North, Texas & aTm in the south.

Ac
They did. OU & Nebraska in the North, Texas & aTm in the south.
Actually, the South Division was the Okies, Okie Lite (OK State), and the four Texas teams.

Whittingham would be a HR for USC.
He would bring a disciplined system and would gut Utah in their division.

James Franklin is a recruiter, everybody knows that. USC has zero problem recruiting.

Franklin is not a great technician as it applies to X’s & O’s. I don’t think he solves USC’s problems unless he hires a phenomenal staff. He’s lucky he got the OC he did at Penn State. If he didn’t, I think people would be having a different discussion about him.

Watch USC beat ND next week.

It's amazing how little room for error college head coaches have these days. Helton is only in year 3 of his head coaching tenure at USC, which consists of a Rose Bowl victory in '16 and a loss in the Cotton Bowl in '17. One bad season this year (starting a true frosh QB) and now he's on the chopping block?

If USC does fire Helton this year, someone needs to keep tabs of the flight tracker for flights between LAX-SYR, because Dino will definitely be on their shortlist.

If Babers is any kind of a coach, he knows he has unfinished business in Syracuse.
And he is any kind of a coach.

Watch USC beat ND next week.

It's amazing how little room for error college head coaches have these days. Helton is only in year 3 of his head coaching tenure at USC, which consists of a Rose Bowl victory in '16 and a loss in the Cotton Bowl in '17. One bad season this year (starting a true frosh QB) and now he's on the chopping block?

If USC does fire Helton this year, someone needs to keep tabs of the flight tracker for flights between LAX-SYR, because Dino will definitely be on their shortlist.
Yesterday’s performance against ND actually will help us with USC.
The USC-ND rivalry is real and if their fans see the coach who just played ND and lost 36-3 and we hire that guy?
It will be a bad reaction and USC cares about that stuff.
Dino isn’t going to USC but if Wittingham got the job maybe Utah would interest him as he is a Western USA guy if he cares about his San Diego roots.

I see stuff like this and it makes me absolutely "hate" high level college athletics. It's mostly just jealously though, it dissipates, and then i resume enabling the very thing i momentarily claim to hate.

Franklin to USC... that would be fine with me.

Seems like Thamel has been coming around and writing more positively for SU. He praises Dino in this article instead of using him as a dart in his coaching job speculations. Also noticed Dino addressed him by name after he asked his question in the presser yesterday, doesn't seem like he usually does this. I wonder if they recently were introduced, or re-introduced to each other.

Corollary to Murphy's Law...
In business, everyone rises to their own level of incompetence. (you keep moving up until you reach a level that you cannot handle, then you stop moving... unfortunately, most people do not move back to the highest level of competence.)
It’s called the Peter Principle

"But there are reasons behind the scenes for optimism in the Syracuse program, and it starts with DeVito. Babers has raved about him since signing him from Don Bosco High School in New Jersey three years ago. DeVito was a blink from overtaking Dungey for the job after coming off the bench to lead Syracuse to a come-from-behind victory over North Carolina earlier this season. No one in the program would have been too surprised. There’s also bountiful optimism about some skill position players, as Michigan State transfer Trishton Jackson has the potential to be the most talented receiver Babers has had in his tenure at Syracuse. The same could be said for tailback Abdul Adams, who averaged 9.2 yards per carry at Oklahoma on 59 carries in 2017. Both were former four-star recruits and project as upgrades.
Syracuse fell to 8-3 on Saturday, but don’t be surprised if the general exposure of the program and to Babers’ explosive offense draws more high-profile transfers to help Syracuse keep building. It wouldn’t be surprising to see them in the preseason Top 25 and keep building."
10 takeaways: Clay Helton's seat is white-hot and he's out of answers

"But there are reasons behind the scenes for optimism in the Syracuse program, and it starts with DeVito. Babers has raved about him since signing him from Don Bosco High School in New Jersey three years ago. DeVito was a blink from overtaking Dungey for the job after coming off the bench to lead Syracuse to a come-from-behind victory over North Carolina earlier this season. No one in the program would have been too surprised. There’s also bountiful optimism about some skill position players, as Michigan State transfer Trishton Jackson has the potential to be the most talented receiver Babers has had in his tenure at Syracuse. The same could be said for tailback Abdul Adams, who averaged 9.2 yards per carry at Oklahoma on 59 carries in 2017. Both were former four-star recruits and project as upgrades.
Syracuse fell to 8-3 on Saturday, but don’t be surprised if the general exposure of the program and to Babers’ explosive offense draws more high-profile transfers to help Syracuse keep building. It wouldn’t be surprising to see them in the preseason Top 25 and keep building."
10 takeaways: Clay Helton's seat is white-hot and he's out of answers

I’m starting to think that grownups with grown up jobs don’t go out their way to grind axes and troll like many message board posters assume.

Mac 2 officially gone at Colorado. His post game remarks yesterday basically expedited what was reported to take place next week.