Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

I got ridiculed for liked the herm Edwards hire last year. Herm is doing just fine but les @ Kansas is a huge mismatch.
I'll admit I thought Herm was going to be a disaster.

Turns out the division he plays in is a disaster, so who knows really how good he will be

Mel Kiper and Dari Noka both agree that Urban won"t be back at Osu next year. Wonder if he'll take a year off again.

Mel Kiper and Dari Noka both agree that Urban won"t be back at Osu next year. Wonder if he'll take a year off again.
Yes. It's all been worked out.

Rutgahs is going to keep Ash, fire him after next season, and then shock the world when they hire Urban as his replacement.

Whew! Where did that come from? I must be still delirious from last night.:(

Yes. It's all been worked out.

Rutgahs is going to keep Ash, fire him after next season, and then shock the world when they hire Urban as his replacement.

Whew! Where did that come from? I must be still delirious from last night.:(
Hoo, I actually feel bad for you guys. The loses you've taken in basketball, lax and that game last night at B'burg. Just jump on the damn ball for crying out loud. That doesn't mean I've forgotten about that "forward pass" fumble when the Orange played in Charlotsville. I thought you had the gobblers dead and plucked.

Hoo, I actually feel bad for you guys. The loses you've taken in basketball, lax and that game last night at B'burg. Just jump on the damn ball for crying out loud. That doesn't mean I've forgotten about that "forward pass" fumble when the Orange played in Charlotsville. I thought you had the gobblers dead and plucked.
Thank you. He tried to fall on the ball in the end zone, but it rolled away from him. We were really snakebit last night. The QB stopping the pick 6 inside the 10, the 3rd down heave their receiver ripped from our DB's hands (before their last TD), not getting the sack in OT. Too many woulda, shoulda, couldas.

Not that they have a shot at him anyway, but I’m getting a kick out of Maryland fans telling each other that Dino Babers would be a sht hire.

They Guy they overwhelmingly want? Mike Locksley.

So whatre the carousel rumors with who intends to get involved with dino? I havent read many of the associated threads on a count of preserving my happy holiday mood

So whatre the carousel rumors with who intends to get involved with dino? I havent read many of the associated threads on a count of preserving my happy holiday mood

Not sure I have this right, but here goes*:

Babers is headed to: Rutgers, Louisville, Colorado, Purdue, tOSU (because Babers is not ready for the big time of Rutgers football and Urban Meyer has apparently worked a deal wherein he replaces Ash to take the biggest stage of all CFBdom, leaving tOSU open), Auburn, Tennessee, Bama (because apparently Saban has secretly resigned in the attempt to take an unspecified job in NJ, leaving the Bama job open), and Clemson (because Saban wants an undisclosed school in NJ, and Dabo Swinney is expected to move to Bama, leaving the job in Death Valley-East open).

There is an outside chance his agent is working a deal wherein Babers will HC 2-3 teams. Games will be scheduled as double/triple headers in one venue, but this is still hush-hush and it remains unclear whether the NCAA will allow such an arrangement as this.

I know I have left out a few but some are simply too far fetched to warrant a mention and others are simply forgotten because herding cats is easier so I am taking the easy way out.

Apologies for any confusions, perhaps it may be easier to understand if you just remember that every HC is clamoring to coach the Scarlet Knights because they are the epitome of the big stage in CFBdom, you know, because it is only miles away from NYC and they have such a rich history in football: the split college football national championship in 1869 and the ESB lit up in red. Second to "USC-Northeast" is Louisville, who will be taking the first runner up to the Rutgers job.

*Disclaimer: primary source for the above information may have been a fan site or two. No credible sources have actual knowledge of anything.

Brohm on rumors: Purdue 'is where I want to be'

Brohm indicates he is not leaving Purdue.
IMO, there is nothing in this article that says he is not leaving Purdue. All coach-speak - This is where I want to be , I like it here, pure speculation, right now, I'm the coach at Purdue, etc.

To me, that all screams, "Wait until after our bowl game to actually call the movers, honey."

I will be surprised if he is the Purdue coach next season.

IMO, there is nothing in this article that says he is not leaving Purdue. All coach-speak - This is where I want to be , I like it here, pure speculation, right now, I'm the coach at Purdue, etc.

To me, that all screams, "Wait until after our bowl game to actually call the movers, honey."

I will be surprised if he is the Purdue coach next season.

While I generally agree with your assessment, I think Brohm takes a long look at Louisville as an organization right now. The finances will be reigned in as they have lost a lot of their revenue stream. The school is tainted with scandal, how deep does the scandal really go? (I.e. can there be other issues, sanctions, etc.) Louisville, at best, is a lateral move, is the move worth the problems or if the goal is an elite program, is it better to stay at Purdue and prove winning at Purdue (3 yards and a cloud of dust conference) v. Louisville (fastest division in CFB).

Regradless, HCDB stays in Syracuse.

While I generally agree with your assessment, I think Brohm takes a long look at Louisville as an organization right now. The finances will be reigned in as they have lost a lot of their revenue stream. The school is tainted with scandal, how deep does the scandal really go? (I.e. can there be other issues, sanctions, etc.) Louisville, at best, is a lateral move, is the move worth the problems or if the goal is an elite program, is it better to stay at Purdue and prove winning at Purdue (3 yards and a cloud of dust conference) v. Louisville (fastest division in CFB).

Agree to disagree. Except for your last sentence. :)

He played QB at Louisville.

Not sure I have this right, but here goes*:

Babers is headed to: Rutgers, Louisville, Colorado, Purdue, tOSU (because Babers is not ready for the big time of Rutgers football and Urban Meyer has apparently worked a deal wherein he replaces Ash to take the biggest stage of all CFBdom, leaving tOSU open), Auburn, Tennessee, Bama (because apparently Saban has secretly resigned in the attempt to take an unspecified job in NJ, leaving the Bama job open), and Clemson (because Saban wants an undisclosed school in NJ, and Dabo Swinney is expected to move to Bama, leaving the job in Death Valley-East open).

There is an outside chance his agent is working a deal wherein Babers will HC 2-3 teams. Games will be scheduled as double/triple headers in one venue, but this is still hush-hush and it remains unclear whether the NCAA will allow such an arrangement as this.

I know I have left out a few but some are simply too far fetched to warrant a mention and others are simply forgotten because herding cats is easier so I am taking the easy way out.

Apologies for any confusions, perhaps it may be easier to understand if you just remember that every HC is clamoring to coach the Scarlet Knights because they are the epitome of the big stage in CFBdom, you know, because it is only miles away from NYC and they have such a rich history in football: the split college football national championship in 1869 and the ESB lit up in red. Second to "USC-Northeast" is Louisville, who will be taking the first runner up to the Rutgers job.

*Disclaimer: primary source for the above information may have been a fan site or two. No credible sources have actual knowledge of anything.

Thank goodness their AD texted the media yesterday confirming Rob Ash will be back. Whew, that was close.