Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

I will be honest with you the Texas Tech job concerns me the most of all the vacancies. Recruiting would be much easier, weather would be fine for his system, and Babers has coaching and family ties to Texas.

Only good news is they appear to be targeting Brent Venables from Clemson.

Last edited:
I will be honest with you the Texas Tech job concerns me the most of all the vacancies. Recruiting would be much easier, weather would be fine for his system, and Babers has coaching and family ties to Texas.

NOt to worry, TexasTech is hundreds of miles from civilization. Lubbock is NOT a destination. A kid who can play at any P5 school is more likely to play for any other P5 school as for TTech.

1. Academics: TTech is a last resort school. https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/texas-tech-university-3644 Most Texas kids want to go anywhere else.
2. Aside from being close to anything, Lubbock is in the north-western part of the state. It's cold all winter, hot all summer, windy always, and surrounded by plains.
3. Texas Tech fans are obnoxious. I live in the Houston Metro and have yet to meet a TTech grad that was not proud an arrogant about having attended TTech. Recall, TAMU is 80 miles away, UT is a 180 miles away, Rice is in town; Baylor (academically a good school) TCU, SMU and LSU are within 200 miles, being arrogant about TTech is ignorant in this area. I don't address the fact that nearly every prestigious university is represented in HTown, it just makes the TTech arrogance that much more obnoxious.
4. A person can fly to almost any other school as quickly as to TTech.
5. It's not as easy to recruit as many people think. TTech does not out-recruit UT, TAMU, LSU, OU and UofH.

Anyway, TTEch is not a destination job. I don't see Babers in Lubbock. Obviously he could win there, but he is already winning in Syracuse, has a Dome, has support has essentially completed the rebuild, why start over?

TT is at best the third best job in Texas. And I think that’s being generous.

Texas
Texas A&M
Houston
Tech?

Texas - Premier school, part A
TAMU - Premier school, Part B
Houston - Commuter school, stepping up academics and research, has more history than TTU
Baylor - Out recruits TTU, better academics, better history
TCU - Out recruits TTU, better academics, better history
SMU - No expectations, better history, better academics
Rice - Even less expectations, highest level academics, elite level academics, their academics are pretty good

TTU

Don't forget that OU and LSU, as well as Arkansas and several other schools, recruit heavily IN Texas.

Dust is to Lubbock as snow is to Syracuse. Maybe if they built a dome. Call it the Dust Bowl.

Don’t worry about Texas Tech. Their AD was college roommates with Venebles, they are very tight.

Don Williams‏ @AJ_DonWilliams 51m51 minutes ago
Have confirmed with a source that Texas Tech also is interested in bringing WVU coach Dana Holgorsen back to Lubbock. Think Tech folks wanted to keep this quiet, but it's out there already, and the interest is real.

Western Kentucky has fired Coach Sanford.

I think the L’Ville game and this year overall has gone a long way to keeping Dino.

Still a ways to go but I really don’t think any of the current openings are much of a threat.

USC as has been mentioned is one I would be concerned with but even that isn’t a guarantee necessarily.

When he gave that quote in his press conference after the BC game about not coaching at the football factories where 10 wins is commonplace, the first school he named was USC. First school. After the stuff I have been reading on here, I have to admit that jarred me a bit.

Texas - Premier school, part A
TAMU - Premier school, Part B
Houston - Commuter school, stepping up academics and research, has more history than TTU
Baylor - Out recruits TTU, better academics, better history
TCU - Out recruits TTU, better academics, better history
SMU - No expectations, better history, better academics
Rice - Even less expectations, highest level academics, elite level academics, their academics are pretty good

TTU

Don't forget that OU and LSU, as well as Arkansas and several other schools, recruit heavily IN Texas.
ND also likes to recruit in Texas.

NOt to worry, TexasTech is hundreds of miles from civilization. Lubbock is NOT a destination. A kid who can play at any P5 school is more likely to play for any other P5 school as for TTech.

Haha! I was just about to respond to BVille that he clearly has never been to Lubbock. Truly the @ss end of Western civilization.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom