Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

FSU's OC Walt Bell taking UMass head coach job. Wonder if FSU's offense gets worse next year.

FWIW Maryland fans were not sad to see Bell go and I suspect FSU fans won’t be either.

On a scale of 1-10 how worried are we if OSU takes Petersen from Washington and UW goes on the hunt

On a scale of 1-10 how worried are we if OSU takes Petersen from Washington and UW goes on the hunt
Assuming Day does not work out or they choose not to pursue that route

Guess he didn't want to wait another year like it was expected.

Petersen is a west coast Birkenstock wearing type of guy, he isn't going to the Big 10, took him forever to leave Boise, he's not going to the Big 10 and probably will coach at UW forever. Oregon is probably kicking themselves that once Kelly left it was too late to finally hire Petersen as that's probably the job he really wanted but who knows really, they promoted from within which I know think is a horrible idea

Petersen is a west coast Birkenstock wearing type of guy, he isn't going to the Big 10, took him forever to leave Boise, he's not going to the Big 10 and probably will coach at UW forever. Oregon is probably kicking themselves that once Kelly left it was too late to finally hire Petersen as that's probably the job he really wanted but who knows really, they promoted from within which I know think is a horrible idea
I think UW also had godfather cash for Pete

He is the best recruiter in the country. The calculus would seem to be that whatever other issues he may have will be overcome by the talent he brings in. If he gets the MD job, it will be far tougher getting kids out of the DMV.
Being at Alabama makes you a good recruiter.

USC is kicking themselves for not hiring Petersen, and I am pretty sure that is the job he wanted more than Oregon

Let’s put a guy with a 3-31 record as a head coach at New Mexico into the toughest division in college football and see what happens. Oh yeah, he’s had sexual discrimination claims against him and been reprimanded for fighting with an assistant coach. No way this one can go south.

Let’s put a guy with a 3-31 record as a head coach at New Mexico into the toughest division in college football and see what happens. Oh yeah, he’s had s e xual discrimination claims against him and been reprimanded for fighting with an assistant coach. No way this one can go south.
What could go wrong?

Let’s put a guy with a 3-31 record as a head coach at New Mexico into the toughest division in college football and see what happens. Oh yeah, he’s had s e xual discrimination claims against him and been reprimanded for fighting with an assistant coach. No way this one can go south.

The blind spot that Maryland fans have for Locksley truly confuses me. Like, I just dont get it. Yes, hes a helluva recruiter, but then he has to coach them right? There have been some bad hires during this particular coaching carousel, but this one may take the cake. Ok, maybe Mack Brown still wins that one.

Toughest division in college football...yeah not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom