Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

Amazing. The guy goes to Alabama where it’s almost impossible to screw things up and now he is head coach material after the New Mexico sh**show?

The only upside is that Lane Kiffin appears to have become a much better HC after his stint with Saban. I’m sure that’s what Maryland is banking on. Locksley will recruit and lock down the DMV I just don’t think he can coach.

I think it’s a good hire.

Maryland is a shtshow right now.

USC is kicking themselves for not hiring Petersen, and I am pretty sure that is the job he wanted more than Oregon

Im pretty sure Petersen turned the job down at USC before Sark took it.Oregon was always the job he wanted But it never came to fruition. it was pretty well known but he’s doing just fine at UW. He turned the UW job down once before as well.

Let’s put a guy with a 3-31 record as a head coach at New Mexico into the toughest division in college football and see what happens. Oh yeah, he’s had s e xual discrimination claims against him and been reprimanded for fighting with an assistant coach. No way this one can go south.

J.B. Gerald is no longer with SU, correct?

The blind spot that Maryland fans have for Locksley truly confuses me. Like, I just dont get it. Yes, hes a helluva recruiter, but then he has to coach them right? There have been some bad hires during this particular coaching carousel, but this one may take the cake. Ok, maybe Mack Brown still wins that one.
They’re used to having a coach like that. Exhibit A - Lefty Driesell. :cool:

The only upside is that Lane Kiffin appears to have become a much better HC after his stint with Saban. I’m sure that’s what Maryland is banking on. Locksley will recruit and lock down the DMV I just don’t think he can coach.
He can only take 25 players a year. Not worried.

Also, my confidence we win that game @Maryland next season just went up 100%.

Not sure if this is a good move for Ga. Tech. Collins was the beneficiary of what came before him at Temple. Great timing for him, though. He parlayed his limited time in Philly into a P5 gig. Whether he can lead the 'Jackets out of the Triple-Option wilderness remains to be seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom