Coaching Carousel | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Sources: North Texas approaching a hire

ByZach Barnett
Posted on November 27, 2015

Sources told FootballScoop Friday evening the North Texas search is down to TCU offensive coordinator Doug Meacham and North Carolina assistant head coach for offense Seth Littrell.

UNT athletics director Rick Villarreal is expected to interview Meacham on Sunday, and the hope is to have a hire announced by early next week.

TCU played Baylor Friday night, and North Carolina faces N.C. State Saturday afternoon. The Heels have secured a spot opposite Clemson in the ACC Championship on Dec. 5.

As always, stay tuned to The Scoop for the latest.
Doug Meacham could potentially get by without having to move.

Not exactly the ringing endorsement from upper management one wants to hear after just being signed.

Dang. No kidding! That's probably what my boss says about me.

Not exactly the ringing endorsement from upper management one wants to hear after just being signed.

He is only the interim AD after the AD was fired when practically every coach he hired in the athletic department was accused of abuse. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that permanent tag if I was him.

Not to start anything, but according to FlightAware, there is a Sun Country Airlines flight leaving Portland, OR at 10pm EST tonight and arriving Syracuse around 5:30AM EST Sunday. Now, it's a 737-800, so it may just be a normal flight.

edit: okay, looks like there are other carriers that fly from Portland to Syracuse. FlightAware will be of no help.

texascpa said:
Not to start anything, but according to FlightAware, there is a Sun Country Airlines flight leaving Portland, OR at 10pm EST tonight and arriving Syracuse around 5:30AM EST Sunday. Now, it's a 737-800, so it may just be a normal flight.

FWIW, the worst flight I've ever had in my life was on Sun Country.

There are no direct flights from the west coast to Syracuse unless it's private

There are no direct flights from the west coast to Syracuse unless it's private

This one is the only one that shows as a direct flight:

SCX.png
Sun Country Airline… SCX8651 B738 Scheduled (in 4 hours 52 minutes) Sat 10:00PM PST PDX ► SYR 05:31AM EST Sun

But that could be wrong info. I'm sure it will stop in Chicago or someplace else.

Edit: so, Portland and Syracuse don't even show up as cities of choice on Sun Country's website. Strange.

Sun Country is a charter service that operates 737's.

Could be they're just positioning the aircraft for use in Syracuse tomorrow.

Or maybe it's the Seattle Soccer team.

This one is the only one that shows as a direct flight:

SCX.png
Sun Country Airline… SCX8651 B738 Scheduled (in 4 hours 52 minutes) Sat 10:00PM PST PDX ► SYR 05:31AM EST Sun

But that could be wrong info. I'm sure it will stop in Chicago or someplace else.

Edit: so, Portland and Syracuse don't even show up as cities of choice on Sun Country's website. Strange.
By chance it could be the Frost's coming...kinda makes sense. It would cost SU about 80k rdtp.