Coaching Carousel | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

i think coach might start slightly less than 2.5.

frost 2mil
DC 600-700k
qb coach/OC 500-600k
acosta as wr/te coach and recruiting coordinator 425k
OL coach 400k
rest of staff splits 1-1.3 mil

The soccer team thing makes sense.

If they are flying in a coach and his family it would be on something like a G5

tropic_thunder_rick_peck-600x258.jpg
I thought about that too...that could be likely but why not fly out of SEA-TAC?

Got to hit 5.5 min

2.5 coach
1.5 DC/ OC combined
1.5 assistants

Delighted at the commitment, I don't think they are worried about hitting a certain dollar figure for anyone. Hire the best people, period.

Wow... Missouri is a much better job than ISU. Mizzou has been able to compete for SEC championships while ISU is a BigXII afterthought in the middle of the corn fields. ISU money must be much greater than Mizzou money. Crazy!

Wow... Missouri is a much better job than ISU. Mizzou has been able to compete for SEC championships while ISU is a BigXII afterthought in the middle of the corn fields. ISU money must be much greater than Mizzou money. Crazy!
I am still scratching my head over this one. Must be something we're missing.

I am still scratching my head over this one. Must be something we're missing.
Yeah, something's not lining up. Either Mizzou wasn't that serious about Campbell or Iowa State wants to get real serious.

If it's 3.8M total then 1.8 + 2 for staff could work.
If it's 3.8M + 3M for staff then that would be awesome.

I suspect that 1.8M for a rookie coach + 3M for staff would be a good offer

$1.8M doesn't even put us in the Top 60 for HC pay. We need $2.5M at a minimum just for a respectable offer.

$1.8M doesn't even put us in the Top 60 for HC pay. We need $2.5M at a minimum just for a respectable offer.
$2.5 for a rookie head coach? Really?
For a proven HC? Possibly.

For someone who has never been HC for a single snap, including high school? Seems a bit rich. Id rather see performance incentives to let him get there.

For someone who has never been HC for a single snap, including high school? Seems a bit rich. Id rather see performance incentives to let him get there.
Guess we are about to find out. I keep thinking Frost declines with unrealistic money demands.

Market rates dictate it, I think. I don't think normal salary rules apply to football Head Coaches. it's more a matter of keeping up with the Joneses. I guess we'll see soon enough, though, SU doesn't normally disclose salaries even at the new hire phase.

The landscape is changing. Not to mention that the marketplace is heavy in demand and light in supply.

These salaries are really being dictated based on the absurd amount of change happening as opposed to the candidate's ability.

The landscape is changing. Not to mention that the marketplace is heavy in demand and light in supply.

These salaries are really being dictated based on the absurd amount of change happening as opposed to the candidate's ability.

Good time to be in the college head coach football business

I have to think we aren't the only ones interviewing Frost...which will only make his price go up.

I have to think we aren't the only ones interviewing Frost...which will only make his price go up.
No, but one of the schools thought to be a contender just hired Matt Campbell, and the other big one, Maryland, seems on the verge of hiring the Michigan DC.

If Frost is the guy, we should have no trouble bringing him in unless there's serious market competition. He currently makes $400,000. Slap 2M on the table and watch how fast contracts get signed.