Coaching Carousel | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

What I thought too

Not sure the fan base would like that too much.

His last stint there he got screwed by RR, but I cannot imagine how good his defense would be with those caliber players. Yikes.

His last stint there he got screwed by RR, but I cannot imagine how good his defense would be with those caliber players. Yikes.
Well I also thought of that as well, but I think Harbaugh can point to their success at Stanford and his here at Syracuse .

If Cubit is retained by Illinois I would think that is his most likely landing spot. Pretty interesting role reversal after people though Cubit may be our next OC.

I was thinking Shafer going to Indiana if Wilson is retained. They need defensive help badly and SS has IU roots. Not the most stable place for him, but if Wilson gets to a bowl this year I bet he gets extended. Michigan would be awesome for him. I hope.

Shafer could be moving to Michigan by the end of the weekend.
I believe Elsa is either a student there or is heading there, right? So if that job did open up, it'd make more sense than any other gig.

Interesting either there is a bigger job coming or he is staying

some of these coaches have their pick right now. there's no reason they shouldn't wait to see what else opens up.

Harbaugh wouldn't care about that.

That would be awesome. Chance to get some redemption there.

Unlike when Greg was there, I'll be pulling for them.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Maryland:
Michigan defensive coordinator DJ Durkin has emerged as a strong candidate at Maryland and has met with school officials about their head coaching vacancy, according to Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports. Forde notes that “no job offer was made, but the interview went well” and that it’s not clear how many other candidates the school has interviewed, or will interview.

Dan Mullen at MooSU supposedly has a wandering eye for a location better than Starkville, MS. He's from the Northeast. Being mentioned for the Twerps, VPI and us.

Dan Mullen at MooSU supposedly has a wandering eye for a location better than Starkville, MS. He's from the Northeast. Being mentioned for the Twerps, VPI and us.
VT sounds like a good fit for him.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

North Texas:
Oklahoma offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley, Baylor offensive coordinator Kendal Briles and Texas wide receivers coach Jay Norvell are no longer candidates for the North Texas head coaching job, according to the Denton Record Chronicle. The paper adds that remaining potential candidates include TCU co-offensive coordinators Doug Meacham and Sonnie Cumbie and Houston offensive coordinator Major Applewhite.