Coaching Carousel | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

By chance it could be the Frost's coming...kinda makes sense. It would cost SU about 80k rdtp.

Would they need a 162 seat aircraft?

Or are they figuring that that a 737-800 can make it without a refueling stop, while a smaller aircraft would need to stop.

Or are they figuring that that a 737-800 can make it without a refueling stop, while a smaller aircraft would need to stop.

The soccer team thing makes sense.

If they are flying in a coach and his family it would be on something like a G5

tropic_thunder_rick_peck-600x258.jpg

Of course, I'm not sure why we need to check on flights from Oregon to Syracuse. It's not in dispute that Frost will be in town this weekend.

Yes...no refueling...and maybe it is a one way trip. Sun might be able to move it somewhere east after dropping off in Cuse

This one is the only one that shows as a direct flight:

SCX.png
Sun Country Airline… SCX8651 B738 Scheduled (in 4 hours 52 minutes) Sat 10:00PM PST PDX ► SYR 05:31AM EST Sun

But that could be wrong info. I'm sure it will stop in Chicago or someplace else.

Edit: so, Portland and Syracuse don't even show up as cities of choice on Sun Country's website. Strange.
Of course, I'm not sure why we need to check on flights from Oregon to Syracuse. It's not in dispute that Frost will be in town this weekend.
frost being here this weekend is the worst kept secret.

Heard today after the game that the commitment from the school was there in terms of spending money to get a coach and staff here. Heard they could spend up to 3.8 mil for a coach. Not sure if the number is accurate but that screams commitment to me.

Heard today after the game that the commitment from the school was there in terms of spending money to get a coach and staff here. Heard they could spend up to 3.8 mil for a coach. Not sure if the number is accurate but that screams commitment to me.

I can't imagine that's a starting number here.

I could see that much with incentives in year 5, but that is stupid money to start.

CuseOnly said:

Seems high, but that's impossible anyway. I've been assured that SU will not pay market rate for a head coach or staff.

I can't imagine that's a starting number here.

I could see that much with incentives in year 5, but that is stupid money to start.

Not saying what it was, I kind of took it to be an "up to" number.

I like Stupid money being spent on the program, kind of like everyone else does. Other programs don't seem to think it's stupid...ask LSU about their $15 mil buyout of Les.

His buyout is more than SU has paid all of our coaches in our history pretty much.

If it's 3.8 just for head coach, I hope there's another 3.2 for assistants
Seems high, but that's impossible anyway. I've been assured that SU will not pay market rate for a head coach or staff.
never learn

You can't win if your cheap

That's why pp lost all his assistants worth anything

We have been cheap for years and the results show it

If it's 3.8M total then 1.8 + 2 for staff could work.
If it's 3.8M + 3M for staff then that would be awesome.

I suspect that 1.8M for a rookie coach + 3M for staff would be a good offer

3.8 for the full staff is lower than the number I've been told, so I don't think it's that.

jekelish said:
3.8 for the full staff is lower than the number I've been told, so I don't think it's that.

I mean what haven't you been told?! ;)

I kid. I kid.

I'm hoping for 4.8-6.8 (or per Chip, 5-7 :) ) for the staff.

maybe 1.8 to start with incentives kicking up price to 3.8 mil with 2 or 3 8 win seasons?

I am thinking that the 3.8 was the "up to" number for the HC alone and not the staff.