Coaching Carousel | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Thought it would be much larger, why don't we give him 2.25 mil, 3 mil for staff and pay the buyout?

pretty reasonable
$8.85 million for a guy and staff that is off to Penn St after Franklin ruins them? No thanks.

This certainly doesn't hurt us. But Gamecock fans can't be happy with this hire...can they?
It's strange...
I can't see him being much different than he was in Gainesville, only with an inferior recruiting base.
He's got a $0 buy out at Auburn to take a HC position.

upload_2015-12-3_21-12-9.png

This gets complicated so I hope you can stay with me as I explain it.

1. In one of those "my sister's best friend's boyfriend's cousin's BFF kissed Justin Bieber" chains, one of our posters says that we will announce next week, probably Monday.

2. There are a bunch of G-5 championship games this weekend.

3. This leads many on our board to believe that our choice's team is playing this weekend since many candidates have said they won't do anything until after their championship games.

4. The two favorites since Richt jilted us (AGAIN!!!! :bang:) are Troy Calhoun at Air Force (in the Mountain West game) and Jeff Brohm of Western Kentucky (in the Sun Belt game). Just about everyone feels either one would be a good choice, especially, in our minds, because they're former OCs.

Edit: It's actually the Conference USA game.

Last edited:

1. In one of those "my sister's best friend's boyfriend's cousin's BFF kissed Justin Bieber" chains, one of our posters says that we will announce next week, probably Monday.

3. This leads many on our board to believe that our choice's team is playing this weekend since many candidates have said they won't do anything until after their championship games.

4. The two favorites since Richt jilted us (AGAIN!!!! :bang:) are Troy Calhoun at Air Force (in the Mountain West game) and Jeff Brohm of Western Kentucky (in the Sun Belt game). Just about everyone feels either one would be a good choice, especially, in our minds, because they're former OCs.
Gotta go Brohm

Gotta go Brohm
A frequent complaint against the young coaches that have been mentioned on our board is that they'll probably leave us for a bigger name in a couple of years. Most all of us respond, "So what. That would mean he has us playing really well that an elite school would want him."

Brohm would bring instant excitement to the program. Calhoun would be hiring another steady hand who would remind us of the Good Old Days under George Welsh. The names that were mentioned after Richt went to Da U, were all good in my mind and I don't envy the person who had to make the final decision. An embarrassment of semi-riches.

Brohm would be a good candidate for both UVA and SU. If given the choice of offer he would probably favor UVA as it's closer to home and probably a bit easier for him to recruit to. Good luck!

A frequent complaint against the young coaches that have been mentioned on our board is that they'll probably leave us for a bigger name in a couple of years. Most all of us respond, "So what. That would mean he has us playing really well that an elite school would want him."

Brohm would bring instant excitement to the program. Calhoun would be hiring another steady hand who would remind us of the Good Old Days under George Welsh. The names that were mentioned after Richt went to Da U, were all good in my mind and I don't envy the person who had to make the final decision. An embarrassment of semi-riches.
I like Brohm myself. Lots of positived

Agree. Main difference is Babers could be a lifer while Brohm bleeds Cardinal red.

He may be Card red now but if he spends a good chunk of time in Charlottesville and makes that team exciting and a contender, why leave for LVille? I would think UVA has more potential and they don't have to play Clemson and FSU every year.

Last edited: