Coaching Carousel | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Hey! Get you rumors here!
Don't know if there is a kernel of truth or another "kissing Justin Bieber" chain at work here, but:
Rumor from south Florida that Richt was going to Miami all along and that he was using negotiating w/UVa as a ploy to get a bigger budget for assistants' salaries from Da U.
Rumor from central Virginia, Jeff Brohm was at the UVa-VPI game.

My POV. With a salary under 3.0M, the window for success is small. Cuse can't buy a savior, thus no FBS head coaches need apply! Now I look to top assistants. East Coast, Character recruiter, Successful track record at a top school. Last but not least, outside ACC. I'm left with assistant coaches from Ohio State and Penn State. Then I read, FOX Sports' Bruce Feldman says "Two other potential options for the Tulane coaching vacancy are...and Penn State defensive coordinator Bob Shoop, who was instrumental to James Franklin's success when they got Vandy turned around." Per his bio, "He has coordinated units that have finished in the Top 25 nationally in total defense in each of the last four years."

Even when you add assistants from BC, Wisconsin, and Northwestern, Shoop looks like a great candidate! Yet none of my Orange brethren regurgitate anything outside the box and inside reality. its either blah blah blah, what he said or chuckle chuckle funny haha.

As I step off my soap box, I wonder who will rise to my challenge. Who among the Orange faithful will find the next great head coach that Cuse woulda coulda shoulda hired?
FpADe.gif

If the AAC keeps this up they will be equal to the Big 12.

So, Muschamp is offering jobs for positions he isn't authorized to hire for because he doesn't have the job yet?

Nice of you to stop by the board, Bob. But I think our fan base would revolt if we hired you to be our head coach. There will probably be some non P5 schools you could start out at as a head coach though.

finally! a lucid pov! thanks! but i still disagree. some may revolt. Name a better East coast candidate.

Last edited:
So, Muschamp is offering jobs for positions he isn't authorized to hire for because he doesn't have the job yet?

yeah, he is an SEC guy and all. they dirty themselves up here and there :0

Right, no one here has thought outside the box at all. Like, for example, that multi-page thread about Beau Baldwin. He's a completely inside the box choice.

Serious reply: I'm one of many Cusians that think our best hope is with an east coast guy. Did you notice this guy never heard of Mexico, NY? nor Jeanette, PA, nor Olney, MD?
Not Serious reply: Santa Barbara, Washington (not DC)? If Beau Baldwin is successful, just how long do you think he'll stay?

finally! a lucid pov! thanks! but i still disagree. some may revolt. Name a better another East coast candidate.

I'm not sure Bob Shoop who has a 7-23 record as HC of Columbia University would instill hope in the Syracuse fan base. The guy may be a wonderful defensive coordinator when he has talented players but I would like to see him prove himself again as a HC somewhere else before giving him control of Syracuse football.

A state (PA) with a port city (Phil) on the Atlantic is not east cost? lol what?
I didn't know that the Delaware River was the Atlantic.
So, where does Pennsylvania border the Atlantic Ocean, again?

Using your definition, Poughkeepsie is on the Atlantic coast as well. ;)
Edit: actually, Poughkeepsie is more coastal than Philly as you don't need to go through another state to get there from the Atlantic.

I'm not sure Bob Shoop who has a 7-23 record as HC of Columbia University would instill hope in the Syracuse fan base. The guy may be a wonderful defensive coordinator when he has talented players but I would like to see him prove himself again as a HC somewhere else before giving him control of Syracuse football.
And if a school wanted to go the Ivy route, Tim Murphy at Harvard has an impressive track record and was one of the names originally mentioned on our board.

I didn't know that the Delaware River was the Atlantic.
So, where does Pennsylvania border the Atlantic Ocean, again?

Using your definition, Poughkeepsie is on the Atlantic coast as well. ;)
Edit: actually, Poughkeepsie is more coastal than Philly as you don't need to go through another state to get there from the Atlantic.
Just look at all that beachfront property in Philadelphia:

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 1.54.02 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom