Coaching Carousel | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

orangeinjersey said:
i love this time of year.

Yeah, among other things it's the time of year when coaches who obnoxiously preach about character show how they'd shove their own mother to the ground as they race to a better job.

I look forward to the annual "Coach doesn't tell his team in person that he's leaving" story too.

This is the only Cuse mention I noticed.

33. Mike Sanford, Notre Dame OC: The former Stanford assistant’s stock has risen considerably in the past year after doing a very good job as Boise State’s OC. This year, the Irish lost their starting QB, among other key players, to injury and they haven’t missed a beat. Sanford deserves a lot of credit for that. He would be a strong candidate at Syracuse if that job comes open because he and the new ’Cuse AD were together in Boise. Word is he really, really loves coaching at ND and it’s not going to be easy to lure him away.

Interesting...no mention of Scott Frost on that list, but a suggestion that Sanford would be a candidate here if the job opened.

Just think back to week 4.

LSU, unbeaten and ranked No. 2 with the leading Heisman Trophy candidate.

SU, 3-0 and seemingly headed for a winning season and a bowl.

A few months later...

We've fallen so much, we don't even get mentioned in these types of lists as a destination school for the up and comers. Yikes.

I just keep telling myself it will be sweeter and sweeter once we get good again...

We've fallen so much, we don't even get mentioned in these types of lists as a destination school for the up and comers. Yikes.

I just keep telling myself it will be sweeter and sweeter once we get good again...
Well, if the BOT decides to get serious about its football program and make a serious effort and investment towards bringing it up to ACC standards, maybe it will be shown some respect. Until then, expect to be treated like a mid-major program.

Well, if the BOT decides to get serious about its football program and make a serious effort and investment towards bringing it up to ACC standards, maybe it will be shown some respect. Until then, expect to be treated like a mid-major program.

I have my fingers crossed, if not I am throwing in the towel. Will keep my seasons and attend the Metlife game for the simple reason that my 4 year old loves to visit New York City and then I will not spend a dime on this program.

Nick44 said:

Don't forget fans making more and bigger donations.

I have my fingers crossed, if not I am throwing in the towel. Will keep my seasons and attend the Metlife game for the simple reason that my 4 year old loves to visit New York City and then I will not spend a dime on this program.
The fan support today is more important than ever. This program needs our support. Even when it is most difficult as it has been this season.

I just hope the BOT shares the same level of commitment that I think is needed to be successful and to have a legitimate shot to compete for an ACC championship. They had a chance to prove this the last time around and decided to go the cheaper route. It appears that has failed. My confidence in them is waining.

The fan support today is more important than ever. This program needs our support. Even when it is most difficult as it has been this season.

I just hope the BOT shares the same level of commitment that I think is needed to be successful and to have a legitimate shot to compete for an ACC championship. They had a chance to prove this the last time around and decided to go the cheaper route. It appears that has failed. My confidence in them is waining.

Until I see ANY level of commitment from the BOT with regard to the football program, I am out. When I see evidence of their commitment and involvement, I am all in. Until then, I reserve judgment.

CuseOnly said:
Until I see ANY level of commitment from the BOT with regard to the football program, I am out. When I see evidence of their commitment and involvement, I am all in. Until then, I reserve judgment.

IPF?

IPF?

Yes, that is everything around here. Lets just quit after the all encompassing IPF. Just like when the Dome was built.

Don't forget that the IPF just brought us to just below Average as far as facilities are concerned. Name a few P5 programs that don't already have one? How many are there?

Wake will have an IPF as good or better than ours in a year, then what? We start losing to them?

CuseOnly said:
Yes, that is everything around here. Lets just quit after the all encompassing IPF. Just like when the Dome was built. Don't forget that the IPF just brought us to just below Average as far as facilities are concerned. Name a few P5 programs that don't already have one? How many are there? Wake will have an IPF as good or better than ours in a year, then what? We start losing to them?

Relax. You said the BOT has done nothing and I mentioned something they've done.

What do you want? Please list specific areas where there is a lack of support.

Yeah, among other things it's the time of year when coaches who obnoxiously preach about character show how they'd shove their own mother to the ground as they race to a better job.

I look forward to the annual "Coach doesn't tell his team in person that he's leaving" story too.

CuseOnly said:

IPF?

Edit: posted before I read Scooch - but still

Scooch said:
Does it make any sense that SU would spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a massive Dome renovation, and then intentionally cheap out on its HC hire?

I don't. But I also don't think the majority of that money will be "SU" money.

Unfortunately, I think you are in the same boat as many SU fans. Sick and tired of the inconsistencies, and largely awful seasons, over the last 15 years. Coyle understands this and it is his number 1 job getting the football program resurrected. Marrone had us going in the right direction, but then left. Shafer just hasn't been able to cut it, which blows and now we're staring at back-to-back 3-9 seasons in the face. We need to hire someone who is going to bring an exciting product on the field. Having a potent offense will bring the fans back quicker than a stout defense.

In full disclosure, I torture myself every game because I always get oddly optimistic right before kickoff thinking we will win every time. I soon thereafter feel like a pile of warm trash. My issue is that I can't not watch and support vehemently. Call it is an obsession, illness, whatever. I simply cannot say "I'm out", and it's surely impacting my health.

Unfortunately, I think you are in the same boat as many SU fans. Sick and tired of the inconsistencies, and largely awful seasons, over the last 15 years. Coyle understands this and it is his number 1 job getting the football program resurrected. Marrone had us going in the right direction, but then left. Shafer just hasn't been able to cut it, which blows and now we're staring at back-to-back 3-9 seasons in the face. We need to hire someone who is going to bring an exciting product on the field. Having a potent offense will bring the fans back quicker than a stout defense.

In full disclosure, I torture myself every game because I always get oddly optimistic right before kickoff thinking we will win every time. I soon thereafter feel like a pile of warm trash. My issue is that I can't not watch and support vehemently. Call it is an obsession, illness, whatever. I simply cannot say "I'm out", and it's surely impacting my health.

One game left and the torture for this season is over. Then I can watch basketball and look forward to next year's punch in the nuts.

Does it make any sense that SU would spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a massive Dome renovation, and then intentionally cheap out on its HC hire?
No.

Fasten your seatbelts folks, we could have a huge bunch of coaching changes in 5 to 10 days or so. If you believe the most recent press reports Les Miles is done. His buyout drops about $3 million on Jan 1. Targets for LSU are apparently Jimbo and Dabo and probably other bo's.

This is shaping up to the a major rearranging of chairs in CFB.

Did we fire Shafer yet today, I know we had at least 39783487 unnamed sources saying it was going down!

This is the only Cuse mention I noticed.

33. Mike Sanford, Notre Dame OC: The former Stanford assistant’s stock has risen considerably in the past year after doing a very good job as Boise State’s OC. This year, the Irish lost their starting QB, among other key players, to injury and they haven’t missed a beat. Sanford deserves a lot of credit for that. He would be a strong candidate at Syracuse if that job comes open because he and the new ’Cuse AD were together in Boise. Word is he really, really loves coaching at ND and it’s not going to be easy to lure him away.

Ties to Stanford and Boise State. Great offensive mind, has a reputation as an outstanding recruiter. Coached at Yale for one season.

Bio