Coaching staff | Syracusefan.com

Coaching staff

Saltine Warrior

Walk On
Is anyone concerned about the coaching staff that is coming together lacking northeast ties?

I am. Unless we retain some position guys, we can lose a lot of connections built over the past four years. It's great to have recruiters that know outside regions, but we still have to expect 50ish% of our guys coming from the northeast and I don't know who will be responsible for that.

Northeast no...was worried that it was a little mid-west weighted, nut now have zero problems with it. The Shafer is not hiring on a whim...he's had his guys in his back pocket in anticpation of this HC gig

If we are hiring big-name recruiters, could care less if this team is comprised up of kids from all over the country. Time to get the best players possible into this budding program.

No. Read Lester's bio. Ditto on Anselmo and Moore if they stick around.

I personally think the whole HS coach thing is overrated. There are very few unknown recruits out there today that having a HS connection presents an advantage. And in the end, most kids are making their decision on more than any relationship that their coach has with a college coach.

Do I want Syracuse to have a strong reputation among HS coaches? Of course. Is there some value in having a HS coach speak positively about a program? Absolutely. But I just don't believe that in the end, letters of intent are being signed to appease a HS coach and his connections.

And if you have solid recruiters, you can overcome regional relationships by quickly establishing the ones that matter. Good recruiters jump across the country many times starting over from scratch with regard to established HS coach relationships. Yet the same guy who was a monster recruiter for Florida usually becomes a monster recruiter for UCLA.

I personally think the whole HS coach thing is overrated. There are very few unknown recruits out there today that having a HS connection presents an advantage. And in the end, most kids are making their decision on more than any relationship that their coach has with a college coach.

I don't buy that since I see Rutgers all over Don Bosco Prep. Syracuse in Miami Central/Willam T. Dwyer. Boeheim in Oak Hill. Etc. It's not about kids being unknown, it's about getting on them early and then the influence coaches have on where they attend.

I don't buy that since I see Rutgers all over Don Bosco Prep. Syracuse in Miami Central/Willam T. Dwyer. Boeheim in Oak Hill. Etc. It's not about kids being unknown, it's about getting on them early and then the influence coaches have on where they attend.
Two schools make it important? Syracuse got some Florida kids who had few other 'big time' offers. And if they were in deep with the coaches, why couldn't they land the 4 or 5 star recruits from those HSs?

And do you honestly think JB owned Oak Hill? Again - there have been many more top 20 recruits from Oak Hill that have not come to SU than have arrived so apparently the staff at Oak Hill does not play favorites.

Not when you are hiring guys like McDonald, he is a well known recruiter. He is a difference maker there for sure

Rashard Anderson is from Miramar HS.

I believe George McDonald landed a couple of 4 star kids from Miramar to Miami.

Lets see if he can get this type of prospect to Syracuse.

Rashard Anderson is from Miramar HS.

I believe George McDonald landed a couple of 4 star kids from Miramar to Miami.

Lets see if he can get this type of prospect to Syracuse.

So is Keon Lyn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom