Cole Swider returning ??? | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

As opposed to no one really, the team is going to be epically bad next year.
When least expected and to his credit, JBs always managed to pull a good year outta his azz. A few years ago I’d have no doubt that he’d do it again next season, but this later version of the HOF’er has me skeptical.
In a few weeks we’ll find out what we have coming back, and maybe a clearer picture of what s needed moving forward.

Maybe we are trying to have the worst team possible next season.

It reminds me of the whole " trust the plan " crap I'm sure many of us have heard in the corporate world a time too many. It is more often than not, that is what you hear not too far behind an actual change due to it being inevitable given the plan didn't play out as sold.

giddy up...question though do transfer portal players have to sit a year? I thought they could come in and play right away.

giddy up...question though do transfer portal players have to sit a year? I thought they could come in and play right away.
If it’s their first time transferring they can play right away. If not, it’s trickier but there are sometimes exceptions.

If Cole decides to move on (we don't know yet)... but let's say he does... does the urgent need to hit the portal potentially overwhelm JB - given his dislike for the portal - and make him rethink coaching next season?

If Cole decides to move on (we don't know yet)... but let's say he does... does the urgent need to hit the portal potentially overwhelm JB - given his dislike for the portal - and make him rethink coaching next season?

Nope. And his dislike of the portal has nothing to do with taking a transfer. He’s done it often and usually with success.

JB dislikes the portal so much that he brought in kids like Swider, Torrance, Griffin, Eli, Gillon, White, Silent G, Chewie, and Wes.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but from my POV, the portal for guys that are immediately eligible is much different than those that had to (or have to) sit a year. It's fundamentally two different things.

I don't think JB has ever really loathed the transfer that had to wait a year, but had to be sure that that person could truly grow into a contributor (at the very least). Seems like he was very discerning with who he brought in.

The new portal for those that do not have to wait he grabbed two guys that he had previous connection with that weren't going to threaten the status quo. Which is fine, you need bodies and I think, at least with Cole, there was upside compared to his output from Nova.

But I think it's TBD to see where JB lands as it pertains to that latter version of the portal/transfers and what he embraces vs what he does not.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but from my POV, the portal for guys that are immediately eligible is much different than those that had to (or have to) sit a year. It's fundamentally two different things.

I don't think JB has ever really loathed the transfer that had to wait a year, but had to be sure that that person could truly grow into a contributor (at the very least). Seems like he was very discerning with who he brought in.

The new portal for those that do not have to wait he grabbed two guys that he had previous connection with that weren't going to threaten the status quo. Which is fine, you need bodies and I think, at least with Cole, there was upside compared to his output from Nova.

But I think it's TBD to see where JB lands as it pertains to that latter version of the portal/transfers and what he embraces vs what he does not.
No love for Symir? He really got his game going by the end of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom