Cole Swider to hire an agent and declare for the NBA Draft | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider to hire an agent and declare for the NBA Draft

It’s much easier next year. We will face nothing like we did in Atlantis.
We dodged a bullet in Atlantis as the top half of the bracket was much stronger than our half. ASU and VCU on a neutral court are need to win non conference games if your going to end up near the bubble.

I cant see how chaz and jba are on schollie...unless they are going to be in the rotation at some point.

perhaps JB sees JBA as an option at forward...he does know the zone and the rotations and is active on the floor.

...would be nice if there were 3 portal players coming in...
They can't lose their scholarship due to athletic performance, they are here until they choose not to be.

I wish him luck, but think he'll regret it. He can play in Europe for the rest of his life. He had a chance to be one of the main guys on a solid team where his family can see him play right when he was starting to feel comfortable.

First of all, best of luck to Cole. He had a pretty good year all things considered, and was a better player than many seem to give him credit for.

It would have been really nice to have him return, and be the focal point of the offense. I'm scared that this mantle now passes to a streaky player like Joe, who I envision will now be given the unlimited green light next year.

yeah but I am going to wait on that. Jesse could blow up yet again. Joe could have a solid sr season. We need another forward.
Need another forward badly. Quite frankly, we should get two. We have exactly zero proven players at that position, when you need at least 2. Preferably 3.

If we are rolling with Bunch & Williams at starting forward, we are in trouble.

Need another forward badly. Quite frankly, we should get two. We have exactly zero proven players at that position, when you need at least 2. Preferably 3.

Well, we have to get one for sure. The other one, while I wanted one, I think the deal was for Benny to get that spot. And without Benny, there is no Mintz. And can you imagine this place today without Mintz????

I cant see how chaz and jba are on schollie...unless they are going to be in the rotation at some point.

perhaps JB sees JBA as an option at forward...he does know the zone and the rotations and is active on the floor.

...would be nice if there were 3 portal players coming in...
Based on nothing other than the fact that JB did bring JBA in sometimes, I have to think he feels he can contribute.

Good luck to Cole !!!!

while he lacks NBA level athleticism, he does have a very solid three point shot and he is an under rated rebounder, so you never know if he can find a role, but probably g league next season.

I will remember him as a player who gradually earned an increased role through steady improvement during his time at the Cuse. Too bad he made the wrong choice out of HS, three years in our system and he would have really glowed.

I’d be fine with one high impact forward. I think between Taylor, Bunch and Brown, we will find two decent forward subs. But we need an experienced forward to pair with Benny.

Woody Newton would have been the perfect starting four for this roster

Yeah, but - I think that was a part of the problem.

Woody fancies himself a 2/3.
He’s actually a 3/4.

IIRC, he’s listed as a “guard” at Okie State.

There’s often a disconnect between what a player can do well for JB, and what they (and their handlers) want them to do.

See also: Guerrier, Quincy.

Best of luck to Cole. He played hard and improved drastically as the year went on...

Think this may open up some room for Taylor to play more but they are also looking at Camden as well. I expect much more tempo and smaller line ups next year

Best of luck to Cole. He played hard and improved drastically as the year went on...

Think this may open up some room for Taylor to play more but they are also looking at Camden as well. I expect much more tempo and smaller line ups next year
Do you think Camden is a good fit? He can definitely shoot the ball. How is he rebounding?

JBA looks like he wants to take shots from the perimeter, he would help rebounding.
people rag on him a lot...but i see potential there...he held it down a bit vs duke...i think with a bit of success he could be a factor...he does seem to have a shooting touch too...

that said, would I prefer a transfer who has proven it already? yes.

They can't lose their scholarship due to athletic performance, they are here until they choose not to be.
well it always seems that the players who arent going to play end up leaving one way or another...with all the transferring out...I'm not saying kick them out...but if they want to actually play college basketball...maybe they should go elsewhere...? arent these things kinda worked out ? ??

I do think people are sleeping on Taylor a little bit and Benny. I think Benny will definitely pick his game up through another year of just practice and growing into his game. I think Taylor can do a few things pretty well and with focus going to JG on penetrations by Mintz, look for Taylor to drop some daggers.

I do think people are sleeping on Taylor a little bit and Benny. I think Benny will definitely pick his game up through another year of just practice and growing into his game. I think Taylor can do a few things pretty well and with focus going to JG on penetrations by Mintz, look for Taylor to drop some daggers.
He's not going to.be ready to make an impact next year.

Meh on Camden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom