Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

“Swider said SU coaches told him he could play shooting guard and both forward positions.“

ill be taking bets on this one.
There is zero difference between playing the 3 and 4 in JB's 2-3. None. At the other end, JB will put Swider in positions to best utilize his skill set on offense, doesn't matter if he is the 3 or 4.

I will be stunned if Swider ever plays the 2 - unless we roll with 3 guards (very likely) and 2 are in foul trouble or 1 is injured. In which case, Benny would play the 2.

There is zero difference between playing the 3 and 4 in JB's 2-3. None. At the other end, JB will put Swider in positions to best utilize his skill set on offense, doesn't matter if he is the 3 or 4.

I will be stunned if Swider ever plays the 2 - unless we roll with 3 guards (very likely) and 2 are in foul trouble or 1 is injured. In which case, Benny would play the 2.
Yeah was obv referring to the 2

Love some of the comments here. Having a ton of committed hardworking kids is a huge plus. Look at Houston this year. Yes they did it with athleticism but those kids work their asses off and are all in. They have one guy who is gonna even see minutes in the NBA in Grimes.

Guys who want to be here and lay out with everything they have- I will take them all day long.

I’m sure JB is waiting for Jalen Suggs to enter the portal after Monday night. It will get him closer to his friend at UCONN!! Now Jalen would give us a point guard.

any guard coming in will be a project with multiple years remaining. I’d be stunned if we took on a Gillon type
Why couldn’t Torrence be that guy? I’d rather get another guard that can play the point and shoot it a bit. Let him fight Torrence for the 3rd guard role, and then hopefully push Girard.

Either way, we need another guard. Can’t keep going with 3 guards in the roster most years. It’s going to bite us with an injury at some point. Not to mention, we don’t really have a Marek type that can handle ball handling duties from the front court (maybe Benny?), so another ball handler is crucial.

Why couldn’t Torrence be that guy? I’d rather get another guard that can play the point and shoot it a bit. Let him fight Torrence for the 3rd guard role, and then hopefully push Girard.

Either way, we need another guard. Can’t keep going with 3 guards in the roster most years. It’s going to bite us with an injury at some point. Not to mention, we don’t really have a Marek type that can handle ball handling duties from the front court (maybe Benny?), so another ball handler is crucial.

Why can’t Torrance be the starting point guard?

remember those thread crying about teams “sagging off” a certain guy? Multiple that by 10. Legit. 10.

and yes, we should have 4 guards. I’m just saying what I believe will occur. The team is being built for 30 plus mins for Joe

Frank is the more important piece at this point. IMO, Kadary and Frank were critical to next year.
One is gone, the other is...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom